Ultimate Dining Package To Be Replaced

16 hours ago, myjillian said:

Do people usually go to more than one Specialty dinner a night ?  I've never known anyone who does.😕

Historically we never have... however, if this does include Playmakers, I could definitely seeing us having dinner at a specialty restaurant at 5:30, then a late night snack at Playmakers...

19 hours ago, robntawn said:

That's exactly what I was told when I contacted corporate office (Tamika Thompson).  Playmakers and Hibachi included, no embarkation lunch, lunch on sea days IS included, no tapas in Vintages, and $35 credit for ala carte restaurants such as regular Izumi.

I also want to add that I sent my question directly to Corporate office, and Tamika works under Mr Bayley.  Perhaps she is a better and more knowledgable source than FB.  Hopefully.

Robntawn - do you mind sharing what email address you sent this to? Thanks.

So what does the below statement from the terms mean??  Lunch service when available?  Guess it means when they want it to be available meaning sea days only??

Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service.

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So what does the below statement from the terms mean??  Lunch service when available?  Guess it means when they want it to be available meaning sea days only??

Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service.

Well, I'm always suspicious of RC terminology, so I take it to mean when they want to make lunch available to the package people.

• Like 1

So you dress to garner attention but then are uncomfortable when you receive that attention. Help me out here I’m confused. 

I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

We don’t dress to garner attention, and we aren’t uncomfortable by any that we do get. We’ve never experienced anything negative on a ship that I can recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruisinfromtampa said:

I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

We don’t dress to garner attention, and we aren’t uncomfortable by any that we do get. We’ve never experienced anything negative on a ship that I can recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies, yes I have.

4 minutes ago, BNBR said:

No need to be negative. Maybe this change will be awesome. If it's as it appears, I can't wait to have dinner at Wonderland and late night snacks at Playmakers. Let's see. 

I have the UDP for my next cruise.....I hope the concierge can assist me in booking lunches and dinner times=even last minute decision ones...we all know STAR class gets first picks..as they should.....looking to see how it plays out for those who cruise before me....and what tweaks RCI may make to the program 

Edited by sisocialworker
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

I usually do specialty dining every night so this is right up my alley.  Why:  being a male couple, the looks from fellow passengers is still disturbing and it's just not worth the aggravation. You would think in this day and age, it wouldn't happen, but it does.   You get better service and the food is of higher quality.  On top of that, we're now saving $$$$$.  Win win for us!

So you posted a completely irrelevant comment, and went out of your way just to let everybody know you are a male couple, which nobody here could give a rat's tail about.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:14 PM, firefox247 said:

And the tons of people who are going to want into Chops for late night dessert options but not a real meal.  I have no idea how they are going to handle that.

Are the desserts in Chops that great as to go there specifically for one?  On our recent Adventure cruise, I found the best desserts in the Windjammer.

10 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Are the desserts in Chops that great as to go there specifically for one?  On our recent Adventure cruise, I found the best desserts in the Windjammer.

We found that the deserts in the specialty restaurants were far more elaborate and delicious than the ones in MDR and WJ, but food is subjective, so you might have a different opinion.

13 hours ago, clean1owner said:

So you posted a completely irrelevant comment, and went out of your way just to let everybody know you are a male couple, which nobody here could give a rat's tail about.

Two males don't necessarily mean they are a "couple."  I travel with either my sis or sis-in-law and I cannot imagine people thinking we are a "couple."

12 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

I noticed that the price of the UDP went from $99 on the old UDP to $116 on the new UDP.  Anyone else report a similar increase?

Not for us - had previously purchased "Ultimate" for $199 on an Oasis 7-night.  Now listed as "Unlimited" for the same $199.  Which ship/nights showed an increase?

FWIW: My order history also now says "Unlimited" as others have reported, so apparently the transfer is automatic for those with a prior purchase.

31 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

I noticed that the price of the UDP went from $99 on the old UDP to $116 on the new UDP.  Anyone else report a similar increase?

I saw the same for both an upcoming 4-night on Mariner and a 4-night on Mariner in March 2020.  The UDP had only been listed for the 2020 cruise for a couple days before it was changed to Unlimited.  I went to book it for $99 since I figured it would eventually go up and saw that it already had.  Now I'll probably wait to see how the UDP on Mariner this May before booking again.

9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Two males don't necessarily mean they are a "couple."  I travel with either my sis or sis-in-law and I cannot imagine people thinking we are a "couple."

Ummmm...... In his post he stated "Why:  being a male couple, the looks from fellow passengers is still disturbing and it's just not worth the aggravation."

Edited by clean1owner

Why is this new package confusing?  It's the same package as before, the same price and they removed restrictions.  You can now eat more than once per evening, and you can order 2 entree's now.  They added the Hibachi grill, and Playmakers for late night hot wings.  The only thing they may have removed is embarking lunch.   As far as getting a reservation, that is most likely won't be an issue.  Not many people are going to pay the upcharge.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, firefox247 said:

And the tons of people who are going to want into Chops for late night dessert options but not a real meal.  I have no idea how they are going to handle that.

You need reservations, and they will "assume" that you will take the table for 2 hours.  So, "walk ins" will only be seated, if the reservations are not full.  They can also control false reservations by charging you a "no show" fee.