Ultimate Dining Package To Be Replaced

I messaged Royal on FB and was told that embarkation lunch is not included even though specialty dining restaurants may be open. Your package begins with your first dinner onboard. You can dine at any of our venues during the operational hours (again this contradicts embarkation day). Playmakers is included with the package and hibachi is now included.

Take it for what it's worth, but that's from Royal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

is it $35 credit per visit...if I want sushi twice in one day i'm covered? 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Correct

I'll be very surprised if this is how it ends up working.  While I don't think that I could eat multiple meals at most venues, I could pretty easily go back for multiple rounds of sushi.  I'm guessing they will change it to a $35/day a la carte benefit or something along those lines.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, j1d1 said:

I'll be very surprised if this is how it ends up working.  While I don't think that I could eat multiple meals at most venues, I could pretty easily go back for multiple rounds of sushi.  I'm guessing they will change it to a $35/day a la carte benefit or something along those lines.

I actually don't think they will change it. The name is clear "unlimited". Surely they thought of all of this. I think they are expecting a massive influx of new plan purchases and may possibly raise pricing accordingly. This is step 1 and I think current booking are going to benefit nicely. Sushi, playmakers, etc. All the specialty dining you want, unlimited. I like it. Good direction. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BNBR said:

Incorrect.  My upcoming ultimate dining package was updated to unlimited dining, the overview clearly states sea day lunched.  And with the new $35 a la carte credit, this is a big upgrade actually over the ultimate dining package.  Saved me $35.  Here is the actual overview from the cruise planner:

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit.*

If you click on the full terms and conditions on the bottom of the page you will see where it says "lunch when available"

31 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I actually don't think they will change it. The name is clear "unlimited". Surely they thought of all of this. I think they are expecting a massive influx of new plan purchases and may possibly raise pricing accordingly. This is step 1 and I think current booking are going to benefit nicely. Sushi, playmakers, etc. All the specialty dining you want, unlimited. I like it. Good direction. 

Careful on that assumption.... the coffee card they sell is one punch for ANY* beverage

*any = only some specific sizes, double punches for others, depending on the ship/day/time/weather/ocean temperature/price of corn in Ohio

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since Playmakers and Johnny Rockets aren’t mentioned by name, I am wondering if the $35 a la cart credit applies?  That would be what would make this reasonable for me.  I can’t actually see myself eating lunch and dinner every day at just the specialty dining locations.  But I could easily add afternoon snacks at Playmakers and appetizers at Vintages several days. 

The price of Unlimited vs Ultimate did stay the same in my cruise planner at $199 for Ovation.  But I already have the 4 night package at $100 pp.  I’m not yet convinced it’s worth the extra hundred dollars each to add in lunches. (Yes I know I could get 3 more dinners, but I’d rather mix in the Solarium, and maybe Coastal Kitchen too. )  I guess I will wait for some May and June reviews to hear from people who get it.

10 minutes ago, er345 said:

Since Playmakers and Johnny Rockets aren’t mentioned by name, I am wondering if the $35 a la cart credit applies?  That would be what would make this reasonable for me.  I can’t actually see myself eating lunch and dinner every day at just the specialty dining locations.  But I could easily add afternoon snacks at Playmakers and appetizers at Vintages several days. 

The price of Unlimited vs Ultimate did stay the same in my cruise planner at $199 for Ovation.  But I already have the 4 night package at $100 pp.  I’m not yet convinced it’s worth the extra hundred dollars each to add in lunches. (Yes I know I could get 3 more dinners, but I’d rather mix in the Solarium, and maybe Coastal Kitchen too. )  I guess I will wait for some May and June reviews to hear from people who get it.

Even if it was $35 pp per day in credit for any of the a la carte options it would be a lot of food for one person but still a value over the package price.  Two orders of sushi at $12, to-go at JR $10, nachos at PM $12 - you'd exceed $35 with the gratuities but still pretty close and a good amount of food.  If I try to eat one full plate of nachos I may not be eating again for awhile 🙂

15 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Even if it was $35 pp per day in credit for any of the a la carte options it would be a lot of food for one person but still a value over the package price.  Two orders of sushi at $12, to-go at JR $10, nachos at PM $12 - you'd exceed $35 with the gratuities but still pretty close and a good amount of food.  If I try to eat one full plate of nachos I may not be eating again for awhile 🙂

The unlimited aspect is what is enticing.  For example, maybe I'll have dinner at Chops at 6PM, but then later in the evening an item or two at Playmakers.  That's allowed now.  The $35 is a good buffer and more than I would use, so I can order comfortably and enjoy myself without getting a bill.

3 minutes ago, BNBR said:

The unlimited aspect is what is enticing.  For example, maybe I'll have dinner at Chops at 6PM, but then later in the evening an item or two at Playmakers.  That's allowed now.  The $35 is a good buffer and more than I would use, so I can order comfortably and enjoy myself without getting a bill.

Agreed.  It's enticing even to us, and we're limited by what we can actually find to eat on board, but it, like the beverage package, would make it more relaxed because we could order what we wanted when we wanted.  I doubt we'd do it on the next trip but I will certainly take note of what we spend and decide if it's worth it in the future.

33 minutes ago, er345 said:

So if Johnny Rockets is included would that mean that it works  for a late lunch a la carte (>$35) on a port day and then a late dinner at Chop's?

Just now, Tree_skier said:

So if Johnny Rockets is included would that mean that it works  for a late lunch a la carte (>$35) on a port day and then a late dinner at Chop's?

That's my agenda..late reservations at the specialty restaurants but hit up the a la carte (hello Izumi sushi) right when they open.

Also what would happen if you used $25 dollars in sushi at Izumi at about 4:30 and then headed of for dinner at Chop's?

edit: If you go a la carte does that somehow disqualify you from the other all inclusive dining options at a later time in the evening. 

It seems the new program has more questions than answers.

Edited by Tree_skier

Yes. So many questions to be answered.

I think you can use both the $35 and the regular specialty dining in the same day.  My interpretation of unlimited would mean you could use a $35 credit at one venue for lunch and another $35 for dinner.  Say lunch at Playmakers and sushi dinner at Izumi.  But that’s just my take.  I will wait for real reviews to see how it works.

1 minute ago, er345 said:

I think you can use both the $35 and the regular specialty dining in the same day.  My interpretation of unlimited would mean you could use a $35 credit at one venue for lunch and another $35 for dinner.  Say lunch at Playmakers and sushi dinner at Izumi.  But that’s just my take.  I will wait for real reviews to see how it works.

That's my take as well, that unlimited is unlimited.  But I expect Royal may have a creative definition for what unlimited means 🙂

2 minutes ago, er345 said:

The description clearly says you can visit multiple venues for dinner, and that you get a $35 credit at a la carte venues.  It's "unlimited" and so I would have no reason to suspect only one credit for lunch and one for dinner.  They clearly say you can visit multiple at dinner.

What I would question is what time "dinner" officially starts.  So for a poster that said 4:30 sushi, I'm not sure that would work as they may not refer to this as dinner.

Ultimately, Royal is going to have to set some more clear guidelines and we this may even come from trial and error from CC folks actually trying to use it.

I purchased the Ultimate Dining Package back in January for my May 2019 Anthem cruise.

Now, in my cruise planner, it showing the UNLIMITED package— and that I purchased it.  

So, what does everyone think?  Will I be “grandfathered’ automatically to the unlimited now?

32 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Also what would happen if you used $25 dollars in sushi at Izumi at about 4:30 and then headed of for dinner at Chop's?

edit: If you go a la carte does that somehow disqualify you from the other all inclusive dining options at a later time in the evening. 

It seems the new program has more questions than answers.

The main sales point is that you can visit as many restaurants as you want for "dinner".  So it would be straight up false advertising if using an a la carte credit somehow disqualified you from other options.  As it reads, you can go to as many as you want and for the a la carte options, you get a $35 credit for each one.

Just now, BNBR said:

What I would question is what time "dinner" officially starts.  So for a poster that said 4:30 sushi, I'm not sure that would work as they may not refer to this as dinner.

I interpret dinner times to be whatever the Cruise Compass has listed under dinner for that particular specialty restaurant's time.

We will have to wait and see how this all plays out for folks.  Are you going stand-by for specialty restaurants?  Can you still reserve only one per night when you board?  Will they allow to-go orders?  Are the tapas and small plates included in the a la carte (Vintages, Bamboo Room)?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

That's my take as well, that unlimited is unlimited.  But I expect Royal may have a creative definition for what unlimited means 🙂

Reminds me of Denny's  the menu says Unlimited Pancakes and then the small print said "restrictions apply"😎

It looks like RCC has a lot to figure out: I wrote them on FB:

"does the "Unlimited Dining Package" now include playmakers and Hibachi"

"also - can it be used for lunch on embarkation day?"

Response:

"Hey, there. Playmakers is now included, however, Izumi Hibachi isn't. You'll be able to use it for embarkation day lunch. -Jo-Ann"