Summit Cabin Class Change

Cruiser_1977

Just want to share some information I don't see elsewhere. I just got off the phone with Celebrity. They had called regarding "changes to my cabin". I have a cruise booked in January of 2021. I had originally booked a C2 #9140. This room is now Aqua Class. The offer was to stay in the room for the same price or move to another C2 or C3. I stayed in a C2 on the same deck.

Was there a reason you did not accept the offer of staying in the room and being in AQ class?  That's what I would have done.  My laminated deck plan must be really old as I see 9140 as a C3.  Will have to get some new ones.  Thanks for pointing this out.

If I understand you correctly, you room was recategorized as an A2, and Celebrity offered you the opportunity to stay there for no extra charge. Did they offer you all the Aqua perks? If so, why would you turn that down?

I need to make a correction  - originally Cabin 9140 was a C3 not a C2. 9154 is a C3.  I’m not a spa person. I would’ve had to give up the other concierge benefits that are more useful to me. I wouldn't enjoy the spa services. I'd rather someone who is into that stuff have the opportunity to utilize them

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other than lunch on embarkation day what Concierge services would be more beneficial than having Blu as your dining room?  We have sailed in AQ on 70% of our cruises and have never been to the spa.  The attraction for us with AQ is Blu. 

Edited by jelayne
Correction

I agree with Jelaine.  I never go near the Spa or Persian Gardens (heated stone beds, sauna etc free to AQ class).  We book AQ for the Blu restaurant alone.  I believe you get all the amenities, (except lunch in MDR on embarkation day) of Concierge in AQ class.

So because X have had to recategorise the new ‘Revolutionised’ Aqua cabins down to 2Cs (I believe because of the complaints in the size etc.), then they are now changing some of the previous Concierge C3 cabins to Aqua to offset the loss in revenue they would be hit, and to place those guests already booked in Aqua somewhere on the ship. Is that about it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villauk said:

So because X have had to recategorise the new ‘Revolutionised’ Aqua cabins down to 2Cs (I believe because of the complaints in the size etc.), then they are now changing some of the previous Concierge C3 cabins to Aqua to offset the loss in revenue they would be hit, and to place those guests already booked in Aqua somewhere on the ship. Is that about it?

Sounds like it..but will they be able to add the AQ class style showers to the new AQ Cabins.  Or maybe all cabins now have the same ones,????

The changes are indeed to compensate for the new deck 10 cabins being reclassified as veranda.  The shower in those new cabins are not the “new” Aqua—but then, neither are the revolutionized.  If you expect the Edge AG showers on Summit, you will be disappointed no matter where your Aqua cabin is.

The hotel manager said adding the new cabins on various decks is all about revenue.  The old ilounge and library are now inside cabins.  

3 hours ago, PRH said:

The changes are indeed to compensate for the new deck 10 cabins being reclassified as veranda.  The shower in those new cabins are not the “new” Aqua—but then, neither are the revolutionized.  If you expect the Edge AG showers on Summit, you will be disappointed no matter where your Aqua cabin is.

The hotel manager said adding the new cabins on various decks is all about revenue.  The old ilounge and library are now inside cabins.  

Pretty much everything Celebrity (and most other for profit companies) do is all about revenue.

15 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

I need to make a correction  - originally Cabin 9140 was a C3 not a C2. 9154 is a C3.  I’m not a spa person. I would’ve had to give up the other concierge benefits that are more useful to me. I wouldn't enjoy the spa services. I'd rather someone who is into that stuff have the opportunity to utilize them

You do realize that AQ gets all the benefits of Concierge except for the embarkation lunch which is way offset by eating in Blu every day. 

Most of of the Concierge benefits are really fluff

Edited by dkjretired

On 5/18/2019 at 3:36 AM, JennyB1977 said:

Dear, Aqua gives you all the Concierge benefits (except for that one embarkation day lunch in MDR) PLUS Aqua benefits. And the best one of them is being able to eat in BLU. 

So you are not giving anything up but actually win!

I was comparing Concierge to Aqua and I found out (I hope I got the answer right) that if Aqua you may only dine in Blu.  I'd like to try it, but I also like the anonymity of Cosmopolitan and didn't want to give that up.  Also concierge has better room location, in my opinion.  So I went with concierge even though Aqua was same rate.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, donna1009 said:

I was comparing Concierge to Aqua and I found out (I hope I got the answer right) that if Aqua you may only dine in Blu.  I'd like to try it, but I also like the anonymity of Cosmopolitan and didn't want to give that up.  Also concierge has better room location, in my opinion.  So I went with concierge even though Aqua was same rate.

I believe you can dine in the main restaurant also while in Aqua.  Additionally, you can order items from the MDR menu in Blu on the M class ships.  

Edited by cruiserchuck

You can ask to dine in the MDR but as select (not a set seating time—try to reserve if you can),  The Aqua restaurant is Blu but the only MDR items are escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and French onion soup (plus the daily offerings of salmon, chicken breast, and sirloin).  You cannot order from the MDR menu in Blu.  If you prefer the MDR menu, ask if you can dine in the MDR.  As concierge, you will dine in the MDR—so no issue!  Sounds like you made the right choice for you.

4 minutes ago, PRH said:

You can ask to dine in the MDR but as select (not a set seating time—try to reserve if you can),  The Aqua restaurant is Blu but the only MDR items are escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and French onion soup (plus the daily offerings of salmon, chicken breast, and sirloin).  You cannot order from the MDR menu in Blu.  If you prefer the MDR menu, ask if you can dine in the MDR.  As concierge, you will dine in the MDR—so no issue!  Sounds like you made the right choice for you.

On the M class ships, you can order all items from the MDR in Blu.  We did this on the Millennium last year.  We had a group of ten, and every night at least one person ordered entrees off the MDR menu.

1 minute ago, PRH said:

Was not able to order from MDR last week in the Summit.  Blu staff said this was a policy.  Maybe differences between ships?  Summit is M class.

I hope this not true because the Sumitt pastry chef in the MDR makes fantastic vegan desserts. I'm worried if we sail AQ in October I won't get any of them. 

There’s a new post on the M Class cabin information thread about aft concierge cabins being changed to Aqua on the Summit. Interestingly all the Aqua staterooms that were available for our November cruise are no longer available today. There were many available last week. 

Has as anyone else been contacted by Celebrity about their stateroom being upgraded?

i notice that the OP is traveling in 2021 and has already been contacted. We haven’t heard a word, but this would be a welcome change for us if it applies to Millie too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PRH said:

Was not able to order from MDR last week in the Summit.  Blu staff said this was a policy.  Maybe differences between ships?  Summit is M class.

Glad to know this.  We are sailing on the Summit June 16 and I prefer the MDR menu over Blu menu(we have sailed twice in AQ).  I think I will cancel my move up bid on the odd chance it is accepted.  I only bid due to it being reported MDR items could be ordered.  Thank you.

11 minutes ago, PRH said:

Our experience was last year, so maybe Celebrity had changed its practice, or it is a ship by ship decision.

6 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Our experience was last year, so maybe Celebrity had changed its practice, or it is a ship by ship decision.

It seems very inconsistent because I thought I read where recent Summit cruisers were able to order off the MDR menu.

19 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

There’s a new post on the M Class cabin information thread about aft concierge cabins being changed to Aqua on the Summit. Interestingly all the Aqua staterooms that were available for our November cruise are no longer available today. There were many available last week. 

Has as anyone else been contacted by Celebrity about their stateroom being upgraded?

i notice that the OP is traveling in 2021 and has already been contacted. We haven’t heard a word, but this would be a welcome change for us if it applies to Millie too. 

The OP said they were in a C2, not a C1 aft facing cabin. Are you now saying that all the C1s on M class are being re-categorised too because of the disastrous new Aqua cabins ? If so, what a complete mess X have made of this Revolution!