Orange Party

dfish

Are Orange Parties happening on each cruise?   According to the FAQs they should be but I haven't heard much about them except for some of the special itineraries.  From page 6 of the FAQ on Shipboard Life:

What’s the Orange Party?

Orange is the color most associated with the Netherlands and the House of Orange, Holland’s royal family. In keeping with our proud Dutch heritage, we invite you to a new onboard celebration inspired by the Netherland’s national holiday, King’s Day: The Orange Party. Just wear your favorite orange clothes and accessories, or purchase Orange Party essentials in our shops, and get ready for the time of your life.

What happens at the Orange Party?

Enjoy Dutch-inspired appetizers, beer, cocktails, live music and more, plus a festive display of national pride with a sea of orange!

When and where is the party?

Holland America Line is hosting the Orange Party on board each of our ships on one evening every cruise.

What attire should I pack for the Orange Party?

Pack some orange clothing and/or accessories to wear for this special celebration! 

We're just off Maasdam, and the Orange Party was at 9.30 one evening in one of the bars during the last week of the voyage. Very disappointing that it want earlier in the day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Are Orange Parties happening on each cruise?   According to the FAQs they should be but I haven't heard much about them except for some of the special itineraries.  From page 6 of the FAQ on Shipboard Life:

What’s the Orange Party?

Orange is the color most associated with the Netherlands and the House of Orange, Holland’s royal family. In keeping with our proud Dutch heritage, we invite you to a new onboard celebration inspired by the Netherland’s national holiday, King’s Day: The Orange Party. Just wear your favorite orange clothes and accessories, or purchase Orange Party essentials in our shops, and get ready for the time of your life.

What happens at the Orange Party?

Enjoy Dutch-inspired appetizers, beer, cocktails, live music and more, plus a festive display of national pride with a sea of orange!

When and where is the party?

Holland America Line is hosting the Orange Party on board each of our ships on one evening every cruise.

What attire should I pack for the Orange Party?

Pack some orange clothing and/or accessories to wear for this special celebration! 

Must be something new.  I don't recall there being one on our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in March.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

No Orange Party on April 2019 Oosterdam just before she sailed "North to Alaska", nor was there one aboard Nieuw Statendam last Christmas.  

Hmmm, so another inconsistency ship to ship.  

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Hmmm, so another inconsistency ship to ship.  

We recently had a Orange Celebration on the Maasdam. From what I gathered it is only celebrated on the day the Netherlands celebrates Kings Day which is once a year.

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We recently had a Orange Celebration on the Maasdam. From what I gathered it is only celebrated on the day the Netherlands celebrates Kings Day which is once a year.

And that's April 27th.  I will ask the Dutch Friends of HollandAmerica on FB. 

There could not have been an annual King's day, two cruises in a row.,  🙂 , however, there was an orange party two  consecutive cruises 

Did you  learn about the reason for  the  party from a reliable source?  We hear all sorts of info on the ship s and while I know the sources mean  well and think  they have it correct, they are sometimes mistaken.  We all make mistakes.Mr Google knows everything.

Edited by sail7seas

One day prior to departing for our April Maasdam cruise we received an E-mail from Hal reminding us to bring some orange clothing as they would be celebrating King’s Day on our cruise.

E-mail was a little to late as we were all packed. According to some who participated it was like a Black and White get together with officers except theme was orange dress. We didn’t attend but did not notice many guest wearing any orange.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

We also had one on April 27th on the Prinsendam. I also got an email about it a couple weeks before our cruise. 

Image result for Orange wear

Thanks Copper.  I was getting worried the folks who always say they have no space for formal clothes in their luggage were also going to say they have no space for orange clothes.  This multi-purpose suit satisfies both requirements with one suit ... what a space-saver 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We had one on the Noordam on April 27th in B.B. Kings, they had orange "wigs" and orange baseball type hats they were handing out.  Also we all received an orange drink, and they served appetizers bitterballen, etc. .  Some people really came prepared and had everything orange on.  Beads, eye glasses, even clothing.  Was a nice fun evening, HAL really put a big effort in this. 

9 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Image result for Orange wear

Thanks Copper.  I was getting worried the folks who always say they have no space for formal clothes in their luggage were also going to say they have no space for orange clothes.  This multi-purpose suit satisfies both requirements with one suit ... what a space-saver 🙂 

That would also work for the 80s disco party......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

That may be when the parties started and it makes sense with people saying they didn't have them prior to that.  

On 5/30/2019 at 5:26 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Aren't the lifevests orange? 

I thought it very fun  on my recent cruises  to see orange weave belts worn by most of the stewards of their   trousers.    This was an 'all the time thing'.  Not just for orange day/party.  I am happy to see more  Holland in Holland America.  There have  been so few   "Dutch" touches in recent years on HAL  ships.I still have a small orange  tender flag and think it super .  🙂 image.png.19f3770a04bdc920de8d8f81be306e52.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas