I am a little confused.

jbethel11

So I found a lower rate on my cruise booked with an ES rate code, and it is before FPD. I am about to submit the Price Protection form and am confused about this statement:

By selecting yes, guest assumes all terms and conditions of the new promotion and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, an upgrade, special deposit and payment terms, etc.

I originally had $25 OBC, but it says it may forfeit if I submit a form? Can someone explain how this works, and also should I get an upgrade or OBC and still keep my original OBC. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

So I found a lower rate on my cruise booked with an ES rate code, and it is before FPD. I am about to submit the Price Protection form and am confused about this statement:

By selecting yes, guest assumes all terms and conditions of the new promotion and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, an upgrade, special deposit and payment terms, etc.

I originally had $25 OBC, but it says it may forfeit if I submit a form? Can someone explain how this works, and also should I get an upgrade or OBC and still keep my original OBC. Thanks!

From past experience I can tell you that you will lose the OBC unless the new rate also includes it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

From past experience I can tell you that you will lose the OBC unless the new rate also includes it.

The new rate code includes Double the OBC ($50) for some reason. So will I get the $25 + $50 + the difference in fares or just the $50 plus the difference in fares?

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

Also, before you submit a claim, make sure the new fare isn't a promotion where Carnival selects you room.

It isn't, but I can't get the same room category (8C). It is not a guarantee, but there is only one stateroom of the same type (Balcony, 8A) available. 

• Like 1

You're asking 2 separate questions and they should be kept at 2 separate entities.

1. The ES price issue.

What the disclaimer is say is that your earlier booking and OBC and any other incentives are out the window,,, gone. If you accept the new price it is what it is. You get the new bottom price and you get the new OBC offer if there is any. What ever deal you had before is gone.

If you had a $49 deposit deal with $100 OBC,,,, Gone  You must now comply with the terms and conditions of the new deal.

2. Upgrade

Whole new question. Not combinable.

As far as your original OBC it depends on why you have it. If it was a booking promo, it should be wiped out. If it was a previous price drop, I believe it stays. 

I dont know know if you’ll be able to upgrade. Technically, early saver is price drops, not changes, on the same cabin. But once you’ve locked in the new fare, you can ask the question. 

With price drops, I like to call and just have them check for me. One time I thought my OBC would be wiped out, it ended up staying. If you have them check while you’re on the phone, if it ends up not working in your favor, you can say no thanks. 

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

It isn't, but I can't get the same room category (8C). It is not a guarantee, but there is only one stateroom of the same type (Balcony, 8A) available. 

Are you trying to match a 8C to an 8A balcony?  That would be a downgrade.  Downgrades are not allowed with ES. 

Now if you were matching from an 8A to an 8C that would be an upgrade.  I believe than you would get the reduced price but would have to move to the 8C cabin. So make sure it is a location you will be happy with.  And like it was said previously, you lose any OBC you got with the previous fare and get what ever is offered with the current fare.  Also if the previous fare had a reduced deposit and the current one doesn't you will have to pay the difference between that deposit and the current deposit now, or you could have your reservation cancelled.

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

how are you booking a cabin if you are not 18 yet?

2 hours ago, coevan said:

how are you booking a cabin if you are not 18 yet?

I think you missed the part where he said he's helping his parents.

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

This is why it's important to weigh the pros and cons of going through with the price drop. Since you lose any promotional OBC that came with the original booking, you have to make sure the price drop is even worth it. For example, if your booking includes a $50 OBC, but the price drop only saves $20, you're better off sticking with what you started with because you lose the $50 OBC. Unless you hope for more future price drops to make up for the OBC, which is possible, but a gamble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

The ES will only apply if there are still cabins available in the same category you booked.  If you booked an 8C, and now they are sold out, you don't really have an option to claim a lower price for credit.

Sort of incorrect. If a higher category of cabin is now being offered at a lower price under ES an upgrade and price reduction claim can be made all in one. They will relinquish the originally booked cabin all prior OBC, specials, or perks and be rebooked into the new category of cabin at the lower price.

Because this can get tricky it is best handled by a PVP or ask for the fulfillment department if calling the general CS #. (If original booked through a TA or reservation clearinghouse website then all price and booking adjustments must go through them and may be subject to that companies TUOs.) With the upgrade it will more likely than not, be treated as a new booking, with a new booking number issued, so any pre-cruise purchases made through the Manage my Booking do not automatically follow through to the new cabin. Again a well trained travel professional is more than helpful here. If the lower fare is not also an ES rate you could lose out on future price protection claims.

3 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I agree.  Just call your travel agent or Carnival and ask these questions. Just tell them you're your mom and they won't question why you're asking.

In all honesty, I don't think the poster even needs to do that.  When I've called Carnival (just the general number, not a PVP), they don't seem to care who I am, as long as I have the pin number for the booking.  When I've called for others, I just provide the pin and say "the name on the reservation is..." 

We've all come here at times to ask questions or look for answers that, yes, could've been answered by calling a Carnival rep., PVP, TA or whatever, but instead, we came here first. Nothing wrong with that, that's part of the reason these boards exist.

12 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

The ES will only apply if there are still cabins available in the same category you booked.  If you booked an 8C, and now they are sold out, you don't really have an option to claim a lower price for credit.

Unless, of course, someone with your category cancels and it opens that category back up again. So it helps to keep checking, just in case.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, jbethel11 said:

The new rate code includes Double the OBC ($50) for some reason. So will I get the $25 + $50 + the difference in fares or just the $50 plus the difference in fares?

Keep switching back and forth between the two rates until you have enough obc to pay for the cruise

• Haha 1