Help Pick an Itinerary

The "Way To Early To Be Thinking About This" gathering of thoughts from you experienced people!

Both options for winter 2020/21

Option #1 - 7 nights from San Juan - Freedom (Post Amped Up?) - St. Thomas/ St. Kitts/ Antigua/ St. Lucia/ Barbados

Option #2 - 9 nights from Miami - Explorer (Recently Drydocked?) - Labadee/ Aruba/ Curacao/ Bonaire

The equalizer would be flying into San Juan a day or so early, so both vacay's approx. same length.

We did the ABC cruise last winter and loved it, but some of the reports about recent Bonaire itinerary changes have made us a bit nervous.

We have not done the "Saints" before.

We favor ocean based excursions/activities over land based ones. Prefer using local based operators for these. (yes we know the risks!)

We have done both more than once.    We enjoy "The Saints" a little more - more greenery, more stops.   If you enjoy time off the ship the saints is the better option,   if you enjoy days at sea, than pick the 9 day. 

Both trips are wonderful. 

Freedom in a heartbeat!  We have 5 booked on her right now.  The Southern Caribbean with Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados is the best!!!!  One I love those islands (except St Kitts) but 2, the more port days I can get to go to my wonderful gorgeous beaches, the happier I am.  Would much rather lay on a beach in a gorgeous Caribbean island than sit at the pool on the ship.

Edited by karena1

9 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

The "Way To Early To Be Thinking About This" gathering of thoughts from you experienced people!

Both options for winter 2020/21

Option #1 - 7 nights from San Juan - Freedom (Post Amped Up?) - St. Thomas/ St. Kitts/ Antigua/ St. Lucia/ Barbados

Option #2 - 9 nights from Miami - Explorer (Recently Drydocked?) - Labadee/ Aruba/ Curacao/ Bonaire

The equalizer would be flying into San Juan a day or so early, so both vacay's approx. same length.

We did the ABC cruise last winter and loved it, but some of the reports about recent Bonaire itinerary changes have made us a bit nervous.

We have not done the "Saints" before.

We favor ocean based excursions/activities over land based ones. Prefer using local based operators for these. (yes we know the risks!)

Since you haven't been to St. Thomas, St. Kitts or St. Kitts, I would recommend that sailing! Also SJ, PR is beautiful. I love it so much. Labadee is okay, wasn't a huge fan, but cool to say, "I have been to Haiti before!". St. Thomas is without a doubt superior to Labadee, as well.