Luggage Point Brisbane

Gee, I just think it’s a great thing that a City has built / is building a decent new mega ship cruise terminal. Transport to and from is just a part of the cruise adventure and this gap will be filled as and when it is needed I would imagine.  🤔 only time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

But a lot of that time is taken up with dropping off passengers along the way.

I'm guessing that the CityCats ferries can do about 40 km/h without much trouble. The distance from the CBD to the BICT is probably about 30km. So about 45 minutes express.

The Brisbane Ferries page on the Transdev website states that the CityCats' maximum speed is 25 knots so about 46 km per hour (if my calculations are correct) so yes you are correct it would not take as long as I assumed. So the ferry trip sounds as if it would be a viable option for transport from Luggage Point.

Leigh

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I hope the cruise lines organise shuttle transport for passengers to the City and the Brisbane Airport.

I imagine Senior Groups will have coach trips to BICT, similiar to the senior coach trips which visit the Grain Terminal now.

I'm sure they will, since they already do for the Grain Wharf.

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm guessing that the CityCats ferries can do about 40 km/h without much trouble. The distance from the CBD to the BICT is probably about 30km. So about 45 minutes express.

There'd still be people who live in other areas along the way who would want to get on, or off, e.g. Hamilton and a few others. Not everyone lives in the city, so as public transport it would still be likely to stop at at least some stops.

11 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I agree.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Thanks for that. It's good to see some progress.

How about some cruisers out of Brisbane throwing up some photos of how it looks from the water?

We took some a while ago, but they didn't look very interesting. I will take some more the next time we sail past.🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Port of Brisbane on The BICT (Brisbane International Cruise Terminal): (starting to look like the real thing👍)

We’ve been out at the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal construction site today getting some great new photos 📸 !

It goes without saying that this end of the Brisbane River is a hive of activity… if you look across the river you’ll also see a very busy Port of Brisbane quay line. 

Looking forward to sharing more of our images from today’s photography with you soon. Stay tuned.

https://www.portbris.com.au/

35393478-35CB-4681-8AD8-1D310ACDD0C6.jpeg

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 2

With extra ships being deployed into Australian waters, the cruise companies will be juggling ships and itineraries. They will be hunting for ports of call and ports where they can do their turn-around. This new terminal would have been really useful, but by the time it is complete, the international situation will (hopefully) be resolved.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Ha! We have sailed past the site of the new terminal several times while on deck and haven't smelt anything. 🙂

I have driven down there a few times in the last 6 months and it does smell a bit but the council and port authority say they will implement an odour cancelling system when ships are in. Not sure how they will disguise the plant 🤔

6 hours ago, 2CtheC said:

These were taken on the 2nd of February

Brilliant photos 2CtheC - it’s hard for non Brisbanites to get a look at progress and these help heap. Sydney has had it all their way for too long, tho we can never compete with that Harbour  - “sigh” 😞