Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

4 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I’d be more inclined to think they want to see how things go in Hong Kong.  Not specifically for Hong Kong but the willingness of mainlanders to travel to Hong Kong.  

Did they not think after that extended duration of protests, it would be better to pull out then to leave a ship there on rocky demand?

On 6/1/2019 at 4:02 PM, SMT21 said:

Thanks for the reassurance. We’ve reserved a luggage store via bagbnb as suggested by another commenter so will get off ship early and do what we can. Loving all the excellent advice on this forum. Much appreciated.👍

On 1/3/2019 at 7:25 AM, ilikeanswers said:

Good on Cathay Pacific👍. They probably don't have to but it is nice they are honouring the prices👏. In Australia local companies have no choice but to honour price mistakes, you can't even subvert it with your own terms and conditions otherwise you get a massive fine. There was a budget airline that once tried to charge the difference on a price mistake and got into a lot of trouble😕. It probably is why we rarely see price mistakes in the first place, a lot of tripple checking I suspect going on 🤣

20 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We're booked on Harmony 31 Oct 2021 TA as well as the 24 Oct 2021 Med cruise before.  This will be our first time on a "Big Boy" as we normally take the smaller ships across the pond.  Looking forward to meeting you.  🍷

At the moment I’m booked on the 21/10 out of Barcelona, the 28/10 out of rome or Venice and possibly the one after the TA as well.

7 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Did they not think after that extended duration of protests, it would be better to pull out then to leave a ship there on rocky demand?

I don’t know what their logic is, but I’d think they’d want more time.  They need to negotiate new ports and shore excursions if they abandon Hong Kong.  

quite possibly they want to delay a lot of the China itineraries on wonder because they don’t know when she will be launched or if they will go straight there.  

quite possibly they want to see what happens in the Middle East before booking a Suez Canal voyage. What a ripper it would be if they decided to take her around the other way! 

6 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

At the moment I’m booked on the 21/10 out of Barcelona, the 28/10 out of rome or Venice and possibly the one after the TA as well.

And I’m on the 17 April 2021 TA in odyssey anyway.  
I have only been on one oasis class ship and it only had one sea day, so I’m looking forward to 12 unfettered lazy sea days with nothing to do but amuse myself with the rants of fellow passengers about suite people being snooty, pinnacle people being cheap, solo passengers not really deserving top cruiser awards, arguing about access to coastal kitchen, and all the other associated blasts and put downs that the lounges will devolve into.  😂

6 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I have only been on one oasis class ship and it only had one sea day, so I’m looking forward to 12 unfettered lazy sea days with nothing to do but amuse myself with the rants of fellow passengers about suite people being snooty, pinnacle people being cheap, solo passengers not really deserving top cruiser awards, arguing about access to coastal kitchen, and all the other associated blasts and put downs that the lounges will devolve into.  😂

The spring Allure TA this year is around $699

We have 11 sea days

44 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I don’t know what their logic is, but I’d think they’d want more time.  They need to negotiate new ports and shore excursions if they abandon Hong Kong.  

quite possibly they want to delay a lot of the China itineraries on wonder because they don’t know when she will be launched or if they will go straight there.  

quite possibly they want to see what happens in the Middle East before booking a Suez Canal voyage. What a ripper it would be if they decided to take her around the other way! 

I would assume that time is money in their eyes. I don't think negotiating new ports and shore excursions would take a considerable amount of time. Maybe they are seeing how Wonder would fit into and work in this mess. 

Around the horn? That would be a new sight for an Oasis Class ship!

4 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Sounds like you have a nice cruise there🤗, just curious is there a particular reason you quoted me in your post? It just seems a little out of place in your post and I just want to make sure you weren't trying to ask me something . Happy to help if I can😉.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting that these choices weren't available to those of us booked on the Nov 26 Suez Canal, and the following Arabian Coastal.

Not surprising, though.😥

Anybody have the Michael Bayley email address. Might as well ask him

,mbayley@rccl.com, 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, springaussie said:

Updated Dates 

Week of February 24, 2020 China – Phase 2

Week of March 2, 2020 Short Caribbean

Week of March 16. 2020 Australia

Week of March 23, 2020 China – Phase 3

Week of March 30, 2020 Singapore & Transpacifics

I am deeply curious about why this keeps getting delayed-- particularly the short Caribbean. There are only so many combinations which work. I just did a search for July 2021, and the following ships do not have any sailings assigned:

Brilliance

Explorer

Grandeur

Independence

Mariner

Navigator

Quantum

Spectrum

Voyager

If I was a betting man (which is perhaps the wrong phrase, because I *am* a betting man), I would peg the Quantum and the Spectrum for either China or Singapore. Something goes to Australia. That leaves 5(ish) ships to run short Caribbean routes out of the U.S. The Independence appears to be the largest of these ships.

Looking at July 2020 bookings, I did a search for 2-5 day sailings. Those happen out of Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale, Vancouver, Galveston, Cape Liberty, Miami, and Orlando. If one assumes that 2-4 ships are going to Asia (including Australia), it looks like Royal will not run short Caribbean sailings out of some current ports. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

I am deeply curious about why this keeps getting delayed-- particularly the short Caribbean. There are only so many combinations which work. I just did a search for July 2021, and the following ships do not have any sailings assigned:

Brilliance

Explorer

Grandeur

Independence

Mariner

Navigator

Quantum

Spectrum

Voyager

If I was a betting man (which is perhaps the wrong phrase, because I *am* a betting man), I would peg the Quantum and the Spectrum for either China or Singapore. Something goes to Australia. That leaves 5(ish) ships to run short Caribbean routes out of the U.S. The Independence appears to be the largest of these ships.

Looking at July 2020 bookings, I did a search for 2-5 day sailings. Those happen out of Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale, Vancouver, Galveston, Cape Liberty, Miami, and Orlando. If one assumes that 2-4 ships are going to Asia (including Australia), it looks like Royal will not run short Caribbean sailings out of some current ports. Thoughts?

You didn't mention wonder.   Do you think asiia will have wonder, spectrum and quantum full time, plus voyager during the southern hemisphere winter?  

2 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

You didn't mention wonder.   Do you think asiia will have wonder, spectrum and quantum full time, plus voyager during the southern hemisphere winter?  

My bad. I pulled the list off of Royal Caribbean's website, and *I know better* than to trust that as a complete and accurate source of information. Apparently, the only ships listed are the ones already in service. That addition does significantly add to the capacity issues I was looking at.

I spend a lot of time looking at the North American market with a particular focus on Galveston. My working assumption is that at least one unique ship would have to be tied to each of those phases. My second assumption is that this is at least the third scheduled they have announced for release dates. To me, that means something is unsettled about what Royal will do. That means they can't set a lot of other dominoes.

14 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

My bad. I pulled the list off of Royal Caribbean's website, and *I know better* than to trust that as a complete and accurate source of information. Apparently, the only ships listed are the ones already in service. That addition does significantly add to the capacity issues I was looking at.

I spend a lot of time looking at the North American market with a particular focus on Galveston. My working assumption is that at least one unique ship would have to be tied to each of those phases. My second assumption is that this is at least the third scheduled they have announced for release dates. To me, that means something is unsettled about what Royal will do. That means they can't set a lot of other dominoes.

You've put lots of thought into it.  Hopefully they will send quantum to oz and run at least one ship year round from brisbane to that private island.  We might even get more celebrity and azamara.  

30 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

Brilliance

Explorer

Grandeur

Independence

Mariner

Navigator

Quantum

Spectrum

Voyager

Don’t forget we already know where Navigator & Mariner are and what they are doing - just no dates / itineraries to book yet

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Don’t forget we already know where Navigator & Mariner are and what they are doing - just no dates / itineraries to book yet

Sadly, I have got lost in the thread. Where are they going, and how do we know?

11 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I would assume that time is money in their eyes. I don't think negotiating new ports and shore excursions would take a considerable amount of time. Maybe they are seeing how Wonder would fit into and work in this mess. 

Around the horn? That would be a new sight for an Oasis Class ship!

I'm going on Princess around the horn in a few weeks, but I might actually do it again if Wonder takes the long way around!

A great deal of what is to come has been confirmed through press releases and port bookings. Here are the current predictions for deployment: 

Adventure  -  Galveston – TA- STO/CPH  / revitalization / Caribbean / Galveston ???

Allure   -  Miami / PC  / Galveston

Anthem  -   Bayonne / Southampton /  Bayonne

Brilliance    Tampa / Boston / Tampa

Empress  -   Miami /Bayonne /  San Juan

Enchantment   -  Baltimore year round.

Explorer    -  Miami /  ???? Miami

Freedom - Bayonne  / San Juan

Harmony -  PC / Barcelona / PC   

Indy -  PE  year round  (???)

Jewel  -   Galveston /BCN / AMS NE /BI / BCN / Miami  

Liberty  -  Galveston until October / revitalization / Miami (3 and 4 day)

Majesty   - New Orleans year round

Mariner   -  PC  3 / 4 night

Navigator -   Miami  / PE   (3 / 4 night)

Oasis  -  PE /  Bayonne / Miami

Odyssey   - PE / Rome / PE

Ovation   - Sydney / Seattle / Sydney

Quantum  - Beijing / Singapore (year round after move)

Radiance  - / AK one way Seward / Vancouver / HI / Brisbane

Rhapsody  - Tampa / Venice / Tampa

Serenade   -  HI  / Vancouver / ??? (PE)

Spectrum   -  Shanghai / Beijing ??? Australia

Symphony  -   Miami year round

Vision  - Port Everglades / BCN 12 night / Port Everglades

Voyager  - Sydney / ??? HI - / ???

Wonder – Southampton/BCN/Dubai/Shanghai (year round from arrival)

13 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

You certainly got an earful in the lounge on your Oasis class sailing, much more "interesting" than conversations I seem to get involved in. If I had to listen to topics like that, I might rethink going to the lounge at all.😮

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean International today announced its China itineraries for the first half of 2021.

The Spectrum of the Seas will sail from Shanghai on four- to seven-night sailings that feature new destinations.

The newly amplified Voyager of the Seas will call Shanghai home during the summer 2021, sailing short cruises to Japan.

They are expected to be joined by the new Oasis-class Wonder of the Seas, which debuts in spring 2021.

The Spectrum will offer nearly 30 sailings to multiple destinations in Japan. The four- and five-night cruises can uncover adventure and beauty in new ports of call, from the romantic islands of Okinawa to white-sand beaches on the Yaeyama Islands. Week-long cruises include overnights.

A highlight of the 2021 season will be a special sailing to experience some of Japan’s most famed cities, including Shimonoseki, Maizuru, Niigata and Hakodate (Hokkaido).

Those cruising onboard Spectrum can also choose from a lineup of new shore excursions designed to enhance the destination experience, the company said.

Cruise Industry News. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22231-royal-caribbean-announces-2021-shanghai-program-ups-capacity.html?fbclid=IwAR1z6ZJUhUQofKr7GLdDZ3ZvSUkomDwrZKWZvr3AaLezekgCFzAPVKTKb7k

What about Los Angeles for Voyager July 2021? 

Or is it a misprint for 2020?