Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Add in Spectrum 2019 and Harmony 2018 and it’s an 8 year stretch.  

Lloyd will be busy keeping his blocks sorted out.  

And Symphony. 9 in 8 maybe. 

Have to start saving as they will probably be expensive

6 minutes ago, bigeck said:

And Symphony. 9 in 8 maybe. 

Have to start saving as they will probably be expensive

Oops, meant to say Symphony in 2018.

Harmony was 2016. 

With the exception of 2017 they have had one a year since 2014 when Quantum was launched. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

22 hours ago, bigeck said:

Celebrity Summit on 15th August 2021 from Southampton to Boston is worth a look. Overnight in Reykjavik an a stop at Akureyri then onto Greenland

We debated jumping to this from the Brilliance Sept 2 Northern TA this year.   Decided to stick with the Brilliance though as it stops in the Norwegian fjords which we really enjoy and also goes to Nuuk in Greenland which is a rare stop for any cruise line.  I think outside of the luxury lines or the smaller expedition ships, Princess is the only main cruise line that makes a stop there. It was tempting though as we enjoy Celebrity more, and really enjoy the Summit much more than the Brilliance, but ultimately itinerary won out.  Did the Brilliance Northern TA in 2014 and loved it.

Was waiting to see what the Brilliance did in 2021 but I didn’t realize she has been redeployed to stay on this side of the pond. 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:16 PM, Pumbaamd said:

The many differences between the two classes of ships should deserve a higher cost. If you like sailing from Baltimore and want to go cheap, choose Carnival.

A radiance would have more berths to fill.  While in theory it should command a higher cost it comes down to supply and demand.  If they have a harder time filling the ship cuz of the extra berths it could go down.  It’s not like an Oasis class ship that has a ton more amenities  You get a mini golf course and a sports court as the key enhancements. Also more glass views, some restaurants, pool tables.   The Radiance is my favorite class ship,  but it’s not drastically different like a Voyager or Oasis level difference.

Since it’s not that many extra berths the pricing would likely be a 50-100 higher I would wager, but not like 500 higher for an equivalent Grandeur sailing.  But what do I know?  RCI has no rhyme or reason that us as consumers can determine half the time.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oops, meant to say Symphony in 2018.

Harmony was 2016. 

With the exception of 2017 they have had one a year since 2014 when Quantum was launched. 

Don’t forget Ovation in 2016. That makes up for missing 2017.  So they will average one a year from 2014 to 2025.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you end up dropping the Allure TA?

I'm afraid so.

Still not ruling it out. Dubai doesn't look good. Anthem is the only other option at the moment.

It might drop in price nearer the time

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Add in Spectrum 2019 and Harmony 2018 and it’s an 8 year stretch.  

Lloyd will be busy keeping his blocks sorted out.  

CD on Anthem stated that Royal has a new ship coming out every year for the next ten years.  He likened it to Apple releasing a new phone every year.  

Just because a CD said it doesn't make it fact but I found it interesting that's the internal chatter at Royal.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

CD on Anthem stated that Royal has a new ship coming out every year for the next ten years.  He likened it to Apple releasing a new phone every year.  

Just because a CD said it doesn't make it fact but I found it interesting that's the internal chatter at Royal.

Looks like every port will get a ship.

Maybe Edinburgh will get one of the cast off's

• Haha 1

With the rapid expansion of berths of all cruise lines,  and RCI leading the charge with their mega ships, it will be very interesting what happens in the next recession.  Wonder what prices they will have to offer to fill the ship given that the number of cruise ship berths will have more than doubled since the last recession.

13 hours ago, bigeck said:

On Adventure last night at the top tier event, the captain said that Royal will have a new ship each year for the next 6 years.

21 and 23 will be Oasis Class and 22, 24 and 25 will be Icon Class. Of course Odyssey in 20 makes it 6

That's average, Royal's had exactly 31 new ships in last 31 yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They started slow

20191218_115325.thumb.jpg.51a7238e7d3128a17151b5c99d4fb18b.jpg

True, but back then not many could afford or did Cruise. As I've said in past, 30yrs ago a week at Disney was lot Cheaper(Hotel inc), now the Cruise is the more economical... Started Cruising when they started Oop's, missed one. 32 ships in 31 yrs. My first Cruise in 1988, yr this long run started. At first wanted wanted do every new ship, but settled with every new Class, usually largest in World at time. Last Decade picked the Cruise, not the ship...Thanks for posting list, cant believe missed one ship

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Liberty’s February 2021 sailings have just been cancelled to accommodate a longer dry dock. Jewel is being offered as an alternative, which explains her short Galveston deployment that was discussed earlier. 

That’s disappointing. We have a Feb 2021 B2B booked on Liberty. Thanks for the heads up.