Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

We got of voyager last week and fortunately we had a suite.

You can notice the impact of a extra few hundred people.

The food and service had hit a new low .Windjammers is a nightmare.We ended walking out of Giovanni’s.

I won’t go on voyager if I haven’t got a suite and the perks.

53 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Also, zero new restaurants but lost Johnny rockets.

I guess they had already changed out the outlets on a previous reno? 

They had removed Portofino and replaced with Chop's Grill. They took out the Vault disco and replaced the upper level with Giovanni's Table and cabins on the lower level. They removed the Card Room and Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine and replaced with Izumi. 

I agree that for those that loved the Freedom and Voyager class ships the way they were, these changes are horrible and destroyed the ships as we knew and loved them. That said, the changes and reduction in public areas and the greatly reduced space ratio is a known factor now and we can simply choose whether or not to sail with these ships. 

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We got of voyager last week and fortunately we had a suite.

You can notice the impact of a extra few hundred people.

The food and service had hit a new low .Windjammers is a nightmare.We ended walking out of Giovanni’s.

I won’t go on voyager if I haven’t got a suite and the perks.

Lol

What happened at Giovannis? 

25 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Lol

What happened at Giovannis? 

Just under staffed.

After about 1.5 hours after ordering I told the head waiter if he didn’t bring some food out we were going to leave .
He said they we very busy   and I asked why book so many people and you can’t serve them. He replied,we have to.

He brought out a plate of risotto between 4 of us and shortly after that we left.

And there was a waiter outside the door still trying to pump people in.

But they delivered the food to our cabin 3hours later.

Hows that for service,you pay good money for that.

Chops and izumi wasn’t much better,you can’t blame the staff because it’s Royal Carribean.

But I must say chops for breakfast was excellent.

Edited by Chiliburn

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Just under staffed.

After about 1.5 hours after ordering I told the head waiter if he didn’t bring some food out we were going to leave .
He said they we very busy   and I asked why book so many people and you can’t serve them. He replied,we have to.

He brought out a plate of risotto between 4 of us and shortly after that we left.

And there was a waiter outside the door still trying to pump people in.

But they delivered the food to our cabin 3hours later.

Hows that for service,you pay good money for that.

Chops and izumi wasn’t much better,you can’t blame the staff because it’s Royal Carribean.

I figured it would be something like that.  The only difficulty with walking out or complaining is the resulting never ending follow up and checking in that you get afterwards. 

Someone else mentioned that no that we know they broke these ships we can just not go on them.  The difficulty for aussies is we have so few ships and only half the year.  I really think royal does not care about the Australian market. 

17 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I figured it would be something like that.  The only difficulty with walking out or complaining is the resulting never ending follow up and checking in that you get afterwards. 

Someone else mentioned that no that we know they broke these ships we can just not go on them.  The difficulty for aussies is we have so few ships and only half the year.  I really think royal does not care about the Australian market. 

As a few people said complaining only get the staff in the ***** ,their just doing their best with the situation. Which I thought true.

At the suite party and talking to the officers.
They all just started that cruise and they all seemed to be company veterans.

The captain was Thor, I believe he is one of the senior captains.So maybe they will iron a few wrinkles out.

4 hours ago, MADflyer said:

I guess they had already changed out the outlets on a previous reno? 

They had removed Portofino and replaced with Chop's Grill. They took out the Vault disco and replaced the upper level with Giovanni's Table and cabins on the lower level. They removed the Card Room and Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine and replaced with Izumi. 

I agree that for those that loved the Freedom and Voyager class ships the way they were, these changes are horrible and destroyed the ships as we knew and loved them. That said, the changes and reduction in public areas and the greatly reduced space ratio is a known factor now and we can simply choose whether or not to sail with these ships. 

You saying they removed Chop at one point, now put back? Either forgot or didnt know. Was on Voyagers 4th sailing in 1999 and Explorer's 8th in 2000, Chops was on them then. Havent been on Class since right after 9/11...  Also curious what Ratio is now with the new Cabins/Passengers. Ships in 80's had about 20-30 Public Square Feet per person(Sovereign/Majesty), 90's 30-35sq(Vision) was good. When Voyager came out, along being Largest Cruise Ship, having Royal's first Pay Rest's Chops and Johnny Rocket's she also had a High of about 44-45 Sq Ft per passenger. This was big selling point in 1990's, listed in all the Cruise Books/Mags what each ship sq ft was. Do realize flow on ship can back a difference even if ratio still high/higher... Adding cabins nothing new with Royal. 40 yrs ago they(and others)cut ships in half adding passenger cabins to middle, keeping about same limited Public Space. 15yrs ago on Sovereign/Majesty removed the 2 nice size Movie theaters adding 3 dozen interior Cabins in this Public Space... I've said it before, Public Space I miss was used then to Hit Golf Balls and Skeet Shoot off back of Sovereign and Majesty... Funny how some things added to Cruise Lines are new first of kind, other's copys other lines. 20yrs ago on my first NCL they had 10 Rest choices(some pay) and "Freestyle", like MTD, Royal followed these trend's

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

... Adding cabins nothing new with Royal. 40 yrs ago they(and others)cut ships in half adding passenger cabins to middle, keeping about same limited Public Space. 

This Cruise Line International Association industry analysis shows how the ships were ranked prior to the Freedom and Voyager class refits. These have drastically reduced the space ratios for these vessels. 

https://www.widgety.co.uk/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTcvMDkvMDQvMTMvNDMvMjIvOGI5YzZmOWYtMGQ3MS00NTBlLWI4MGEtYTE4ZTZmNDFhNTg5L1Bhc3NlbmdlciBTcGFjZSBSYXRpby5wZGYiXV0/Passenger Space Ratio.pdf?sha=2994f7e05a8eb95f

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Adding cabins nothing new with Royal. 40 yrs ago they(and others)cut ships in half adding passenger cabins to middle, keeping about same limited Public Space.

I disagree when they added the section to EN they also added public space, not take it away to add cabins.

1 minute ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I disagree when they added the section to EN they also added public space, not take it away to add cabins.

I see both sides on Enchantment.  They did add public space, for example the pool deck and Boleros.  However, they did not enlarge Windjammer or the Main Theater, so those parts did get more crowded.

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I see both sides on Enchantment.  They did add public space, for example the pool deck and Boleros.  However, they did not enlarge Windjammer or the Main Theater, so those parts did get more crowded.

The Biggest problem when the add cabins is the crowing in the elevators.

13 hours ago, kruzerci said:

I’m sure. They can do no wrong, right? Gotta love all those extra cabins and gimmicks. 

When was the last time you went roller blading.🤔🤣🤣🤣

FWIW, we just got off Adventure which had a lot of the Voyager changes except relocating the spa.

Made use of a ton of the new features, didn't miss some things they removed, and truthfully never felt crowded. And this was over a 14 day B2B.

Edited by John&LaLa

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When was the last time you went roller blading.🤔🤣🤣🤣

FWIW, we just got off Adventure which had a lot of the Voyager changes except relocating the spa.

Made use of a ton of the new features, didn't miss some things they removed, and truthfully never felt crowded. And this was over a 14 day B2B.

Adventure does not have the 30+ additional cabins on deck 11 forward yet, these exiting upgrades are coming in 2021! I always liked the lookout and peek-a-boo bridge in thta area, soon gone as well...

5 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I actually hadnt mentioned EN,  said 40yrs ago(Song of Norway) with Royal's original ship and Sovereign/Majesty filling in the Public space of the Movie theaters. Though curious actual Ratio gained/Lost in adding cabins to Public on EN if you have actual change. List provided above shows EN has less then sister ships

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 hours ago, MADflyer said:

This Cruise Line International Association industry analysis shows how the ships were ranked prior to the Freedom and Voyager class refits. These have drastically reduced the space ratios for these vessels. 

https://www.widgety.co.uk/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTcvMDkvMDQvMTMvNDMvMjIvOGI5YzZmOWYtMGQ3MS00NTBlLWI4MGEtYTE4ZTZmNDFhNTg5L1Bhc3NlbmdlciBTcGFjZSBSYXRpby5wZGYiXV0/Passenger Space Ratio.pdf?sha=2994f7e05a8eb95f

Thank you, hadnt seen list like this in Decades

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Adventure does not have the 30+ additional cabins on deck 11 forward yet, these exiting upgrades are coming in 2021! I always liked the lookout and peek-a-boo bridge in thta area, soon gone as well...

Correct, i meant the entire spa/fitness.

She does have the JS's at 11 starboard

FWIW, almost nobody visits the peek a boo bridge. I watched for 6 days😉

Boarding day was about the only day we had visitors

20191201_131253.thumb.jpg.621bf8385dc7e0ee2610c993857ab630.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

The Biggest problem when the add cabins is the crowing in the elevators.

Royals always had issue with Elevators, now compounded. Too bad they don't do 3 sets with one in Aft like other Cruise Lines. Never use them myself, stairs for exercise. Really get firmed up after 3-4 weeks of stairs 

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Correct, i meant the entire spa/fitness.

She does have the JS's at 11 starboard

FWIW, almost nobody visits the peek a boo bridge. I watched for 6 days😉

Boarding day was about the only day we had visitors

20191201_131253.thumb.jpg.621bf8385dc7e0ee2610c993857ab630.jpg

Explorer still has that giant jacuzzi in the fitness center. Talk about a blast from the past!

48 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Royals always had issue with Elevators, now compounded. Too bad they don't do 3 sets with one in Aft like other Cruise Lines. Never use them myself, stairs for exercise. Really get firmed up after 3-4 weeks of stairs 

Believe it or not the day will come when you will need to use the elevators.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, almost nobody visits the peek a boo bridge.

I resent being called a nobody.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crism said:

Explorer still has that giant jacuzzi in the fitness center. Talk about a blast from the past!

Those go away with the JS adds as far as I know. Mariner had it on our sail from Singapore to Barcelona. 

I was on 28 days and never used it, but I did see it

33 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Believe it or not the day will come when you will need to use the elevators.

Don't get me wrong, grateful still healthy. And did say wish Royal had 3 sets Elevators like other Lines 20yrs ago was Single Father with 3, 5, and 9yr olds. Would take my Wee Ones on Cruises and did utilize them then...

Edited by ONECRUISER