Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

1 hour ago, island lady said:

From what I have been watching...it's been just the southern (mostly Barcelona) TAs for Fall of 2021.  

With you ....and hoping the northern Atlantic, (Greenland/Iceland) TA will come out for booking soon.  

As said before there is no ship for a Greenland/Iceland transatlantic because it needs to go from North Europe to the Northeast coast of North America in September latest. In October/November there is already ice in this area and it would not be fun or even possible to approach ports in Greenland and Iceland with a normal cruise ship this time of the year.

20 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I would pick San Diego as I have had too many bad experiences with disembarkation at Long Beach over the years. They may be better on 'closed loop' sailings or improved their operations in recent years. Otherwise, I rate Los Angeles as the worst port I have disembarked anywhere in the world. I have no idea though is San Diego would be better. 

Ive have not had any issues with closed loop sailings from the Port of Los Angeles, San Diego not so functional with traffic flow. Galveston is the worst port I've sailed from hopefully the new terminal improves the experience.

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I guess San Pedro is where I have had all my troubles before then, that's right. That one had a Norwegian shopping village out in front, or? 

Long Beach is next to the Queen Mary museum. San Pedro is in the middle of the Container port and somehow under the bridge. However, San Diego is very nice and accessible, this would be my preferred option!

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

Long Beach is next to the Queen Mary museum. San Pedro is in the middle of the Container port and somehow under the bridge. However, San Diego is very nice and accessible, this would be my preferred option!

Have they fixed the turning basin? I remember Mariner had to back all the way up the channel.

18 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

As said before there is no ship for a Greenland/Iceland transatlantic because it needs to go from North Europe to the Northeast coast of North America in September latest. In October/November there is already ice in this area and it would not be fun or even possible to approach ports in Greenland and Iceland with a normal cruise ship this time of the year.

I have no problems with a northern TA in August.  🙂 

5 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

There is also bookings for an unnamed ship.

At this stage late 2021 has Ovation,Voyager and unnamed ship.

Maybe Serenade coming back?  She will be finishing up her Alaska round trips out of Vancouver in September 2021. 

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

I guess it should be noted that Voyager of the Seas is currently scheduled for sailings from Sydney again from October of 2021 through April of 2022. 

Serenade is not booked back at Sydney yet for the 2021-22 season. 

Darwin has a Port Booking Voyager Of the Seas 16 October 2021. Sydney 24 October plus the 25 October indicating a short promo cruise for travel agents and media for a new ship. The Darwin to Sydney voyage doesn’t have a Brisbane booking but time for a Cairns and Airlie Beach stop indicating this isn’t a Quantum vessel. I am thinking Adventure or maybe Independence? 
The 2nd lot of port bookings enter Fremantle 25 October 2021. Adelaide 29 October,  Hobart 31 October and Sydney 2 November as the ‘Un named ship.” This will be Spectrum or Quantum. 
For Ovation to continue to Sydney from Seattle this would have to be done in one cruise or go via Mexico to have the 2nd one start in Honolulu. 
Royal has no port bookings for a around Australia cruise February 2022 giving me the impression Serenade isn’t going to Sydney. 
Radiance will probably return to Brisbane. 

10 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The 2nd lot of port bookings enter Fremantle 25 October 2021. Adelaide 29 October,  Hobart 31 October and Sydney 2 November as the ‘Un named ship.” This will be Spectrum or Quantum. 

With the only Asia sailings that Royal has confirmed being on the Spectrum of the Seas through June 2021 and with the arrival of Wonder at Shanghai, I was thinking Spectrum might head to Beijing for summer.

Quantum should be year round at Singapore in 2021-22 according to Asian sources. 

It could make sense for Spectrum to be refit and moved to Australia from November 2021. 

30 minutes ago, springaussie said:

For Ovation to continue to Sydney from Seattle this would have to be done in one cruise or go via Mexico to have the 2nd one start in Honolulu. 

Ovation would start in Vancouver like they did this year

2 hours ago, bretts173 said:

There is also bookings for an unnamed ship.

At this stage late 2021 has Ovation,Voyager and unnamed ship.

With the  new Royal island , Lelepa and New Zealand being a smash hit I think their will be two Q class is Sydney.

one doing NZ north and south islands and the other doing NZ north island Noumea and Lelepa.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Darwin has a Port Booking Voyager Of the Seas 16 October 2021. Sydney 24 October plus the 25 October indicating a short promo cruise for travel agents and media for a new ship. The Darwin to Sydney voyage doesn’t have a Brisbane booking but time for a Cairns and Airlie Beach stop indicating this isn’t a Quantum vessel. I am thinking Adventure or maybe Independence? 
Royal has no port bookings for a around Australia cruise February 2022 giving me the impression Serenade isn’t going to Sydney. 
Radiance will probably return to Brisbane. 

Agree that the entry from Darwin suggests that this is not Voyager.  However, Royal does not have Sydney OPT booked on 25 Oct 2021.  This slot is held by Princess.  

4 hours ago, wl2cruise said:

Ive have not had any issues with closed loop sailings from the Port of Los Angeles, San Diego not so functional with traffic flow. Galveston is the worst port I've sailed from hopefully the new terminal improves the experience.

San Diego not so functional?  There is no port closer to an airport except maybe FLL?  Easy in, easy out with a bazillion hotels in downtown within a mile or 2.

Have you ever sailed away from San Diego compared to LA?  There is no comparison.  

Unfortunately (actually fortunately) San Diego doesn't have a population  of 12 million so LA is probably a better business decision. (but that's what the NFL Chargers thought too  and that has completely back fired on them, HAHA...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

San Diego not so functional?  There is no port closer to an airport except maybe FLL?  Easy in, easy out with a bazillion hotels in downtown within a mile or 2.

Have you ever sailed away from San Diego compared to LA?  There is no comparison.  

Unfortunately (actually fortunately) San Diego doesn't have a population  of 12 million so LA is probably a better business decision. (but that's what the NFL Chargers thought too  and that has completely back fired on them, HAHA...)

No its not easy in easy out and yes I've sailed out of San Diego several times. the traffic flow to the terminal and out of the terminal well lets just say its bad!! 

Now San Diego is 95 nautical miles south of LA and if you're sailing to Mexico every week and fuel being the highest cost of your business. Hey LA residents  2 hours south on the 5 freeway is a vacation of a lifetime!!

Now if nobody cared about Chargers when they where in San Diego why would they care about them if they moved to LA ? 🤔

Edited by wl2cruise

2 hours ago, whitshel said:

Agree, San Diego I walked further from USS Midway to Airport 3-4 times myself. This was all before Airport Terminal was redone.. 

On 12/20/2019 at 1:11 PM, royzer76 said:

Tired of the drip drip cruise announcements.

Still no word on Indy or Explorer?

Still no Westbound TA on Odyssey?

Why don't they just release everything in one go?

I had a TA on FB tell me he has a group of 40 balconies on an Odyssey October 2020 TA

Just sharing😉

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, springaussie said:

Hawaii Ports

Voyager of the Seas 
21 June 2021 1000 to 22 June 2022 1800. 
Honolulu. 

This post has been quoted around 4 times. 

Looks like it reads she's not leaving Honolulu for an entire year🤔

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I had a TA on FB tell me he has a group of 40 balconies on an Odyssey October 2020 TA

Just sharing😉

Hmmmm ... I am hoping you mean October 2021 ... in which case maybe they are close to releasing this sailing to the public?? Thanks for the info.