Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

This provides a good overview and a nice picture (including a perfect Royal ship already docked :classic_biggrin:😞

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2019/10/02/will-san-pedros-proposed-outer-harbor-cruise-terminal-encounter-smooth-sailing/

Thanks

I was on Jewel in 2015 for the LA round trip.

Overnight in San Francisco and would love to do it again

2 hours ago, royzer76 said:

Hmmmm ... I am hoping you mean October 2021 ... in which case maybe they are close to releasing this sailing to the public?? Thanks for the info.

Nope, October 2020, the first crossing. I'm certain its a non rev, but he swears its a go.

19 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

As an Australian who got debarked from voyager, I read this response as just placating the reader.  Many people who were on my cruise and the ones before and after as well were livid.  Even before the cruise I was sceptical of the amplification. We didn't geetine new restaurant and lost Johnny rockets.  The  new diamond lounge infuriated most and reportedly royal added new balcony rooms but sold them as Jr suites.  

I feel and many other aussies feel that we get a much lower standard here.  So that is why I did not read anything about california into that email response.  I still do not but Im not as well informed as many others. 

I think the previous TPs were seattle to Sydney  (23 nights) and vancouver to honolulu (10 nights) and honolulu to Sydney (19 nights). 

Try not to take these decisions personally, and I speak from some experience.  Los Angeles had Royal ships for many years, before finally departing in 2011.  They have not returned, although rumors are getting stronger that they will.  The primary reason was simple:  revenue.  There wasn't enough of it being produced in onboard sales. Other factors aside, if there is another port with the potential for more revenue, Royal will redeploy there. Until then, I will continue to pay a king's ransom to fly to a Royal Caribbean cruise.

19 hours ago, MADflyer said:

I would pick San Diego as I have had too many bad experiences with disembarkation at Long Beach over the years. They may be better on 'closed loop' sailings or improved their operations in recent years. Otherwise, I rate Los Angeles as the worst port I have disembarked anywhere in the world. I have no idea though is San Diego would be better. 

If you had the unfortunate experience to be on Jewel in late 2015, it was a horrendous debarkation and embarkation. The ship was parked at a parking lot with no terminal, just a couple of temporary "tents." Fortunately, that has not happened since, and there is now talk of a new terminal to be built at that very same parking lot. The other two cruise terminals in San Pedro do a decent job with disembarkation.

18 hours ago, wl2cruise said:

Ive have not had any issues with closed loop sailings from the Port of Los Angeles, San Diego not so functional with traffic flow. Galveston is the worst port I've sailed from hopefully the new terminal improves the experience.

I think the traffic flow you are referring to is on Harbor Blvd, trying to get to the cruise terminal in San Diego.  It has been pretty bad on the several occasions I have embarked there. And I share your dislike of Galveston dis/embarkation. I almost booked Allure out of Galveston last week, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

18 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Have they fixed the turning basin? I remember Mariner had to back all the way up the channel.

No, at this point, nothing has changed. It was fun to watch Mariner back up the channel early in the morning, if you were up.

1 hour ago, ssb said:

3237E18B-8D00-46CD-9C7F-E90B452599FC.jpeg

Royal always overpriced on PC. Was watching NCL last month had hold for a Large Balcony on new ship doing Panama Canal. For me alone was only $1600. Love my Royal but for price one her Panama Canal Cruises instead did a 10, a 11 and a 12nite Cruise on Serenade in a  Balcony Cabin...

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Hello friends,

Do we have any idea what itineraries will be announced next?  and will they be this week?

thank you and merry Christmas.

💐

Maybe Santa will bring some.

If he does share on here as he comes to Aus first.

Merry Christmas and I hope you are safe from the fires

I have been waiting for all the holes in the Enchantment OTS itineraries to be posted.  I called C&A today, and they checked with someone (who knows) and there is no schedule for this to happen.

I'm waiting to book cruises, but they don't want to sell cruises.  What's a girl to do???

35 minutes ago, atb said:

I have been waiting for all the holes in the Enchantment OTS itineraries to be posted.  I called C&A today, and they checked with someone (who knows) and there is no schedule for this to happen.

I'm waiting to book cruises, but they don't want to sell cruises.  What's a girl to do???

Yeah, looks like they are winging it. Was first week March when last Caribbean dates last yr

2 minutes ago, Yogi21 said:

I understand not released yet but  itinery includes overnight Lisbon and salling into Funchal, Anyone heard this ?

Yes. There is a booking at Funchal on November the 3rd. This was just booked. 

2021-11-03 ODYSSEY OF THE SEAS 08:00 2021-11-03 17:00 Lisboa Fort Lauderdale Porto do Funchal  JFM Shipping, Lda

23 minutes ago, Yogi21 said:

We have 2021 10 19   9 day cruise booked already which is the cruise prior to TA. Cruise is to Greek Islands from Rome.

Don't get too excited about that cruise just yet. I briefly had it on hold, but it no longer shows up on RCI's web site. On my travel agent's web site, it says "sold out" for all cabin categories. The only October 2021 Odyssey cruise showing up is on October 1.

Edited by NancyIL

10 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Does anyone know when the Rest of the brilliance itins will be released.   Really curious as to what it will be doing summer 2021 and what the TA will be if it does go back to Europe that summer. 

Brilliance was pulled from Europe. Brilliance will most likely stay in Tampa for the summer and then do a repo up to Boston for the fall season and then she returns to Tampa. 

8 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Brilliance was pulled from Europe. Brilliance will most likely stay in Tampa for the summer and then do a repo up to Boston for the fall season and then she returns to Tampa. 

Definitely not cancelling the 2020 Arctic TA then.  Was debating it based on what the 2021 Northern TA itinerary was gonna look like.   Didn’t realized it got pulled from Europe.   What was the reason behind that?   

2 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Definitely not cancelling the 2020 Arctic TA then.  Was debating it based on what the 2021 Northern TA itinerary was gonna look like.   Didn’t realized it got pulled from Europe.   What was the reason behind that?   

They switched several ships around with Jewel and Adventure going to the Baltic. 

The motivation in Tampa may be that MSC has added a year round ship from Tampa from 2021. 

3 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

They switched several ships around with Jewel and Adventure going to the Baltic. 

The motivation in Tampa may be that MSC has added a year round ship from Tampa from 2021. 

interesting they’d send the adventure to the Baltic.  Brilliance is a better fit with an indoor Solarium, and the adventure would be a better ship to counter MSC.  But what do I know.  I’m not an RCI bean counter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rimmit said:

interesting they’d send the adventure to the Baltic.  Brilliance is a better fit with an indoor Solarium, and the adventure would be a better ship to counter MSC.  But what do I know.  I’m not an RCI bean counter.

Baltic cruises are very well booked at high rates and Adventure is bigger, so this is a reasonable option to make more money. Regarding Tampa Adventure would not fit in the port and in most cases they start a new deployment with a smaller ship. If it is well received they change the ship to a bigger one in the following years ( if possible for the itineraries and ports). I believe it is never just to counter another cruise line like many always argue in this forum. To go from no ship to several big ships from different lines would always be a high risk for all lines involved. You simply deploy ships where you expect the best revenue. 

• Like 2