Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

The discussion about the renovations made me think about a connection to the delay of the release of the short Caribbean sailings and some of the Transatlantic Sailings. 

They need to complete the new deck plans for Adventure and Liberty prior to releasing the sailings. They may be changing cabin designation and releasing new deck plans for other ships as well. 

• Like 1

NYT article on use of shore power at Brooklyn had some interesting information in general about shore power usage around the world. They mention shore power coming to Sydney and China cruise ports. 

I was not aware of the new China regulations mentioned:  

China may be taking the strongest stance of all. Last year, the country adopted a measure requiring all cruise ships to use shore power by 2021. Cruise ships visiting China now must plug in if they have the ability to do so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/26/nyregion/cruise-ship-exhaust-shore-power-nyc.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=New York

On 12/25/2019 at 12:33 PM, John&LaLa said:

Correct, i meant the entire spa/fitness.

She does have the JS's at 11 starboard

FWIW, almost nobody visits the peek a boo bridge. I watched for 6 days😉

Boarding day was about the only day we had visitors

20191201_131253.thumb.jpg.621bf8385dc7e0ee2610c993857ab630.jpg

I use to camp out there, especially during departures, one learns a lot...............Though, the crew would seem startled after turning around and seeing people staring down at them.

14 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

Navigator too, its the "clean" Jacuzzi, and the only one I would use. I will spare you the TMI of whats happening in the other jacuzzis.

Sadly, Navigator no longer has the giant jacuzzi. It was removed when the ship was "amped". 

Explorer will be 'amped' in April, 2020 and will also no longer have the deck 11 and 12 forward public areas, including the removal of the fitness center giant Jacuzzi. 

Adventure will be the last Voyager class to be 'amped' and will keep the forward areas until after the Baltic season in the 2021 deployment. 

Edited by MADflyer

2 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Adventure will be the last Voyager class to be 'amped' and will keep the forward areas until after the Baltic season in the 2021 deployment. 

She was kinda Amped last year - do we know for sure what she'll get in '21?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She was kinda Amped last year - do we know for sure what she'll get in '21?

Full 'amped' treatment like all the other Voyager and Freedom Class ships. (along with Oasis and Allure) 

Maximum use of public areas for revenue enhancement and addition of as many cabins as physically possible. 

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/royalamplified/

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RoyalAmplified/18061322_RoyalAmplified_Trade_Flyer.pdf

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, ONECRUISER said:

I know. Always wake when coming back, was Deck10 Aft. Stepped out, looked up in the Dark and Bridge is there! Done that twice, have this internal Clock, also always wake 10min before Alarm goes off. For yrs thought had be something else waking me same time every day...

We just listen for the sound of the bells..:classic_smile:.

46 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Full 'amped' treatment like all the other Voyager and Freedom Class ships. (along with Oasis and Allure) 

Maximum use of public areas for revenue enhancement and addition of as many cabins as physically possible. 

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/royalamplified/

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RoyalAmplified/18061322_RoyalAmplified_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Maybe they'll get rid of the Izumi eyesore on the Promenade that no one is ever in. 

5 minutes ago, Crism said:

Maybe they'll get rid of the Izumi eyesore on the Promenade that no one is ever in. 

More retail most likely coming to the Promenade. Izumi would most likely become a proper restaurant up on deck 14 with the Diamond lounge becoming the Suite Lounge. Diamond Club most likely moves to the Card room/Library that replaced the Connoisseur Lounge. 

Just now, JP82 said:

Is it usual to still see gaps in deployment like we see for Explorer at this stage?

Yes. Royal Caribbean used to Deploy ships in April / May the year prior. We are seeing deployment about 6 months earlier this year. They also did move several ships around last minute this deployment and that would delay things even more. 

Behind the scenes they need to have the new deck plans ./ cabin classifications complete prior to deploying a ship as well. It is not just booking port calls. 

18 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Is it usual to still see gaps in deployment like we see for Explorer at this stage?

2+ yrs ago Dates were released in March-June. Last 2 yrs some dates were released in Nov/Dec and rest in March. I book B2B2B every yr and last 2 years I had to book one leg in Fall, others in Spring. This was tough trying get all 3 sailings in same cabin... Big issue is now that they release dates months sooner it seems more likely some Cruises getting Changed/Canceled/Chartered. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

31 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

2+ yrs ago Dates were released in March-June. Last 2 yrs some dates were released in Nov/Dec and rest in March. I book B2B2B every yr and last 2 years I had to book one leg in Fall, others in Spring. This was tough trying get all 3 sailings in same cabin... Big issue is now that they release dates months sooner it seems more likely some Cruises getting Changed/Canceled/Chartered. 

I wonder if the chartering could be a factor affecting Explorer? She does tend to do a few of the “musicals at sea” and festival at sea type cruises that set off from Southampton late in the year. So maybe they’re waiting for them to finalise?

1 minute ago, JP82 said:

I wonder if the chartering could be a factor affecting Explorer? She does tend to do a few of the “musicals at sea” and festival at sea type cruises that set off from Southampton late in the year. So maybe they’re waiting for them to finalise?

The likelihood of any additional ships being deployed to Europe is extremely low. Explorer will most likely sail from Miami with the slight possibility of Galveston, but Europe is doubtful. 

25 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

The likelihood of any additional ships being deployed to Europe is extremely low. Explorer will most likely sail from Miami with the slight possibility of Galveston, but Europe is doubtful. 

Well I’d rather have her back over than Voyager or Vision is all I’m saying!

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

When will these itineraries be realized (obviously some time in 2020, but does anyone know when)?

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

When will these itineraries be realized (obviously some time in 2020, but does anyone know when)?

They have not updated the Deployment Schedule to include Short Caribbean, Exotic sailings or Asia phase 2. More to come but no idea yet when.... 

2 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

They have not updated the Deployment Schedule to include Short Caribbean, Exotic sailings or Asia phase 2. More to come but no idea yet when.... 

Interesting. Symphony's 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise still hasn't been released. I guess that constitutes an "Exotic Sailing".

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

Vision and Rhapsody still have month long gaps in their European sailings that also still need to be released.