Questions at Labadee

Hi all,

I have 2 questions if I may ask. I did a search but could not find the answer.

Question 1) Does the deluxe drink package and soda package cover beverages on Labadee?

Question 2) Do Suite passengers have a reserved special part on the beach? B) are there loungers? C) cabanas? 

Thanks in advance

Bon Voyage

djp

Also to add to your questions not answered yet:

yes there are loungers.

yes there are cabanas. Some over water and some up the hill. Cabanas are NOT free. You can book one through your suite concerige if they do not show up on your cruise planner.

1 hour ago, gerif said:

Remember, if you get a drink with the drink plan you need to ask for it in a plain glass rather than the souvenir glass many are served in. 

Good advice.

I always forget🤬

3 hours ago, gerif said:

Remember, if you get a drink with the drink plan you need to ask for it in a plain glass rather than the souvenir glass many are served in. 

Why is that?  I will be doing the Deluxe Drink Package for the first time in November.  There is probably a lot I don't know!

22 minutes ago, lola4795 said:

Why is that?  I will be doing the Deluxe Drink Package for the first time in November.  There is probably a lot I don't know!

Because the souvenir glass is not included in the drinks package. You will be charged for the glass but it's yours to take home.

Love suite beach at ladabee,lots of chairs in sun and shade ,free rafts and towels , and a upgraded buffet lunch with steak , lamb chops etc, lots of waiters. Grand suites and larger.  There is a bar close to buffet also. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Love suite beach at ladabee,lots of chairs in sun and shade ,free rafts and towels , and a upgraded buffet lunch with steak , lamb chops etc, lots of waiters. Grand suites and larger.  There is a bar close to buffet also. 

Don't forget the limo ride over😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, goneclear said:

Also to add to your questions not answered yet:

yes there are loungers.

yes there are cabanas. Some over water and some up the hill. Cabanas are NOT free. You can book one through your suite concerige if they do not show up on your cruise planner.

We are booked in something called a Waterfront Cabana at Nellie's Beach, and I am still not exactly sure what I'm in for.  It's significantly more expensive than a standard Beach Cabana at Nellie's and about $30 more then the Over the Water ones.  Can't find it on any map, and nobody seems to know what they are.  Would love to know if anyone has seen them.

Alternatively, do The Key purchasers get access to Barefoot Beach?  That might make me consider that.

42 minutes ago, uvadover said:

We are booked in something called a Waterfront Cabana at Nellie's Beach, and I am still not exactly sure what I'm in for.  It's significantly more expensive than a standard Beach Cabana at Nellie's and about $30 more then the Over the Water ones.  Can't find it on any map, and nobody seems to know what they are.  Would love to know if anyone has seen them.

Alternatively, do The Key purchasers get access to Barefoot Beach?  That might make me consider that.

Key passengers do not get access to Barefoot Beach

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 hours ago, goneclear said:

Because the souvenir glass is not included in the drinks package. You will be charged for the glass but it's yours to take home.

Not sure that I would want to take a used pineapple home.  😄 

12 hours ago, George C said:

Do you recall if there are chairs in shade which could be accessible to a person in a wheelchair?  8 of us will be in suites but 1 will not be able to walk to get to a chair.  Family can bring her food/drink but have not been able to find out how to get her wheelchair thru the sand to get to chair in shade.  I am familiar with their big wheel chairs to get to/from ship but that wouldn't work for her.

Thanks for all the responses. I just looked at my cruise planner for our November trip and noticed all the cabanas are sold out. Do they hold back cabanas at Barefoot beach for suite passengers to book on board? Am I just out of luck?

thanks in advance

Bon Voyage

djp

On 8/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, Snit13 said:

Do you recall if there are chairs in shade which could be accessible to a person in a wheelchair?  8 of us will be in suites but 1 will not be able to walk to get to a chair.  Family can bring her food/drink but have not been able to find out how to get her wheelchair thru the sand to get to chair in shade.  I am familiar with their big wheel chairs to get to/from ship but that wouldn't work for her.

It is easy to move the loungers to your desired location. 😊

5 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Does anyone know if there are beach bungalows on Barefoot beach? I have rented a cabana before, but wanted to do a bungalow this time since it is only 2 of us. 

Only cabanas. 

Someone else posted a question about the clamshells that RC reserves, but no one has replied. Since this thread is more active, can anyone here opine as to whether those are worth it for us non-suite pax? How do they compare to just finding a place in the shade? Are there any free chairs?

6 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Someone else posted a question about the clamshells that RC reserves, but no one has replied. Since this thread is more active, can anyone here opine as to whether those are worth it for us non-suite pax? How do they compare to just finding a place in the shade? Are there any free chairs?

Lots of free lounge chairs.

• Thanks 1

Lots of free lounge chairs.  

Unless something has changed recently, clamshells are only available on Adrenaline Beach, which isn't a good swimming beach -- too rocky.  

There are shady areas available at Columbus Cove -- you might be a little way back from the water, but this redhead has always been able to find a lounger in shade or drag one over to shade.  

I've also never had anyone hit me up for money for a lounger on Labadee.  

There are also Beach Bungalows available for around $200ish at Columbus Cove -- much more economical than what they're charging for cabanas these days!

Does anyone know the difference between the cabanas ($550+) and the bungalows ($250ish)?

Location? 

any photos?

last time we went in 2016 I don’t remember seeing anything other than the cabanas on Nellies and barefoot beach. We are in a JS, so I dont think we have access to Barefoot Beach. 

Bungalows are on the beach at the far end of Columbus Cove.  They are similar to a cabana, but don't have the little "patio" area in the front -- just the roofed area.  

The beach in front of the Bungalows is restricted to Bungalow users only, so it's not wall-to-wall chairs like the rest of Columbus Cove.  

10 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Lounge chairs are free but a "helpful" person will follow you to the chairs to brush off the sand and hold their hand out. You have to pay for an umbrella, but that's a different person.

Which is the quietest  beach with the best view, where we could pay someone to get us an umbrella?  Several years we visited one, but I don’t remember which it was 😞

Edited by vacationlover_mn

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Which is the quietest  beach with the best view, where we could pay someone to get us an umbrella?  Several years we visited one, but I don’t remember which it was 😞

Not sure any of them would be called "quiet".  Adrenaline Beach is the least populated b/c of the rocky footing, but the zipline goes overhead so every 20 minutes or so you'll hear screaming/yelling go overhead.

Nellie's Beach is usually really crowded because it's the first "public" beach that is foot-friendly and it's smaller.  

Barefoot Beach is suites-only, but can contain children if they're in a suite, so noise level can vary.  

Columbus Cove is a larger beach, has a food pavilion, lots of people but more space for them all, and just past the vendor area that some people are scared of.  

• Like 1