NRD Pricing

RCIGUY

We are long time cruisers with 52 sailings under our belt. We love sailing Celebrity, but since they now seem to be following the pricing strategy of their parent company RCL with N.e.R.D pricing we most likely will be limiting ourselves to our LAST 3 previously booked Celebrity cruises! I don't like jumping through hoops to book my cruises. Include refundable pricing on your website like you used to! 

• Like 1

When I look at the website I see a lower price with non refundable deposit and no perks or a higher price with 2 perks and a refundable deposit.   Many did not like the previous pricing model where perks were bundled in and no option for a price without 

As I understand the non refundable deposit, should you cancel only a portion of your deposit is lost , much of it can be applied to another new booking.  

12 hours ago, RCIGUY said:

We are long time cruisers with 52 sailings under our belt. We love sailing Celebrity, but since they now seem to be following the pricing strategy of their parent company RCL with N.e.R.D pricing we most likely will be limiting ourselves to our LAST 3 previously booked Celebrity cruises! I don't like jumping through hoops to book my cruises. Include refundable pricing on your website like you used to! 

OK enjoy your last three Celebrity cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If a problem with the website is keeping you from coming back to Celebrity (which you say you love to sail on) then you had better cancel the three bookings you have -- checking in, booking shore excursions, choosing beverage packages, all kinds of things are difficult to do on the website.  

Or, get a good travel agent and he/she can do all of that for you.

My point is transparency. We should not have to contact Celebrity when booking through the website to get the refundable pricing. It should be a selectable option! I know several cruisers who have not noticed the NRD on Royal Caribbean, and booked without recourse. Oh, and by the way, I am schooled, with six months of day and evening training, at a large Florida travel school, and a 105% GPA. I don't care who you book through, transparency is the only way to conduct business!

• Like 1

We have "afaik" not had any issues  pulling up the refundable & non refundable  X  options, along with the perks we can select from. Just diff set of choices ...after we see the prices, we call to make our res with an X rep.

We would never be able to book the non refundable so we never went beyond seeing the diff rates and choices,,...not aware it was a problem

Edited by hcat

23 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

You don't mind losing $100 pp?

I do!

But are you not paying $200 - $300 more per person for the cruise? In my way of thinking that is more than the $100 pp.

• Like 1

Please pardon my inexperience, this will be our second cruise. I was planning a retirement cruise and ran across a $25 pp deposit for a 10 nt cruise on Reflection that had just come available. That means that my only risk is $50 if I have to cancel until final payment. Right? My invoice from X has a  breakdown of what is refundable at certain points in those last 90 days after final payment so that's when my risk amount starts to go up. Right? 

1 hour ago, diamondintn said:

Please pardon my inexperience, this will be our second cruise. I was planning a retirement cruise and ran across a $25 pp deposit for a 10 nt cruise on Reflection that had just come available. That means that my only risk is $50 if I have to cancel until final payment. Right? My invoice from X has a  breakdown of what is refundable at certain points in those last 90 days after final payment so that's when my risk amount starts to go up. Right? 

It's quite likely that at the time you booked your cruise that the $25 pp deposit was refundable up to final payment date. You should double check your invoice.

1 hour ago, diamondintn said:

That should be correct. Typical deposit is $100 per person. Is the $25 non-refundable? As you point out, you aren't out very much money.

Assuming deposit is refundable if you cancel prior to final payment you get the full refund.   After final payment it depends on the length of the cruise and other items you would have to look at the chart on your invoice to determine how much the penalty is according to how many days before cruise.  

On 8/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, RCIGUY said:

My point is transparency. We should not have to contact Celebrity when booking through the website to get the refundable pricing. It should be a selectable option! I know several cruisers who have not noticed the NRD on Royal Caribbean, and booked without recourse. Oh, and by the way, I am schooled, with six months of day and evening training, at a large Florida travel school, and a 105% GPA. I don't care who you book through, transparency is the only way to conduct business!

Unlike RCI I can see both prices at one time. Pretty transparent to me.

20D29D3B-F59F-494D-97DB-EBFDDC59D856.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, diamondintn said:

Where did you see the $25 pp deposit for the 10 night cruise?

I booked the SIL TA at Future Cruises. I paid the normal $100 pp deposit and took the non refundable rate. If a would take the refundable rate the base price would jump $317 to protect the $200 deposit. I guess that's one way of getting more from those who don't do the math and a way to enhance the profit margins.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Unlike RCI I can see both prices at one time. Pretty transparent to me.

20D29D3B-F59F-494D-97DB-EBFDDC59D856.png

Yep this is really transparent.  You can really see how much you are paying for the Beverage Package.   There's a $675 difference in price and if you subtract $150 to represent the OBC or gratuities that leaves you with $525 for the beverage package.  If this was a 7-night cruise that's $75/day.   

I think there's transparency when they offer refundable or nonrefundable online.

For us the perks add to our enjoyment of a cruise but we do the math. We did Future Cruise and were offered a refundable deposit and 2 perks on our selected cruise. If we would make it nonrefundable it would be all 4 perks (no change in cost). Do we like the idea of losing $100/pp if we cancel? No but we felt it was reasonable so we went with it: classic bev, paid gratuities, free internet, $500 OBC. By the way, Concierge for this cruise has gone up $1661/pp offering only a guarantee plus $315/pp for all 4 perks (refundable).

One thing we may forgo for 2021 is Concierge as many amenities are disappearing. We'll see what Future Cruise offers while on our Feb 2020 cruise.

2 hours ago, 39august said:

For the last couple of weeks, I see only two offers, both of which are non-refundable. I used to see both non and refundable rates. How do I get to see the refundable rate now?

Just tried a 2020 cruise and all deposits came up Non Refundable.

Whats up with that???

Celebrity currently runs a promotion (started last Friday and ends today, Wednesday at midnight EST), for "select" (ie. most) cruises from September 2019-March 2020. If you have searched for a cruise sailing within this period, that may be the answer to why you have only seen two prices with non-refundable deposits; one for the "Sail" cruise rate which is always with NRD, and one for this promotion, which is all 4 perks with NRD. Tomorrow option 2 should be back with "Sail Plus", which is 2 perks with refundable deposit.