Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

52 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

SO sorry to hear that Laura is under the weather. I hope that the meds she got will knock it out of her quick and she can enjoy the remainder of your cruise.

That stir fry looks delicious, but for those of us that can't enjoy the CK I guess we are out of luck. Enjoy your day.

Plenty of opportunities to get it in other venues.

I went over that on the first week, but it will come up again later.

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Sorry Laura is sick.  My husband caught something similar on our last cruise. Our suite attendant brought him a tray of different teas and then sent me to the vitality cafe.  She told me to ask for the same thing that the crew gets when they are sick. She didn't give me the name of it but the person making it knew exactly what to make.  It helped a lot, especially with the coughing.

Dane's recipe is two lemons, honey, mix it up, add hot water, more honey. 

The evening version adds Hennessy, probably less water

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Plenty of opportunities to get it in other venues.

Bucky and I got really sick on Rhapsody out of Tampa last winter.  Me on day 2,   Bucky 2 days later.  Not fun...but agree with you that Cozumel was not a bad place to get some meds.  We had the flu, even though we both had flu shots.  Many of the crew were sick also.  Apparently different strain of flu than what we were vaccinated for.  😞 

So sorry to hear Laura does not feel well.  Hope she gets well soon.  Seems poop happens...at the worst time.  

• Thanks 1

Laura's sleeping, feeling better.

And I'm back here. 😁

20190821_130835.thumb.jpg.d4b2c2838086e05b76566a451f0e007e.jpg

But I have a dilemma.  Do I use my $50 spa voucher today, and get hot stones for $138, or do the spa topia special (same hot stone massage) for $159 and save the $50 voucher for later in the week🤔

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Testing out the quoting tip from above.  Works perfectly, thanks!

I really wish more ships would carry something different that that stuff.  That had Sudafed in it that many people can't take because of high blood pressure or just because it causes their heart to race like me.  Plus it has Tylenol in it and many don't realize and take Tylenol on its own.  Anthem has a cough suppressant/expectorant syrup last time I went to medical, though had only the Dayquil the time before.  We have now added cough syrup to our first aid kit.

Hope Laura feels better soon.

I plan on adjusting our med chest in the future. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But I have a dilemma.  Do I use my $50 spa voucher today, and get hot stones for $138, or do the spa topia special (same hot stone massage) for $159 and save the $50 voucher for later in the week🤔

I vote for TWO visits with Wanpen!

(Glad Laura's feeling better!)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Get up to 17 and find Laura nursing some tea.  She says she feels like crap, really bad sore throat and coughing.

We go ahead and eat breakfast and discuss going down to medical.

Marvin's also been sick with the same symptoms which started a few days before we got off the b2b on the Harmony on the 11th.  I got it too but not as bad as he did.  Several bottles of cough medicine, Nyquill, nose spray and a bag of cough drops later, better.  Thankfully we carry a ton of medications of all kind so we were OK until we got home and needed replenishment. Even with all the hand washing and avoiding crowds, we still got it.:classic_angry:  I hope Laura feels better!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

But I have a dilemma.  Do I use my $50 spa voucher today, and get hot stones for $138, or do the spa topia special (same hot stone massage) for $159 and save the $50 voucher for later in the week

Such a dilemma for sure! 😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wanpen called and told me to remind you that there are 4 days left in the cruise and she would like to see you everyday.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, spj8705 said:

Do you happen to know what the drink of the day has been each day? Price?

It's $8, yesterday was WooWoo, but I don't see one for today.  I'll look thru the Compasses and get back with you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I can’t figure out how to get the whole sentence. (On my iPhone)

I can highlight a word and get the quote selection box, but no

more than one word. 

Hold down the beginning, then drag your finger to the end of what you want to quote.

On an Android😉

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can move those two blue bubbles to stretch out what you want to quote.

Ha! Maybe 99% of CCers can, but I get one word. If I try to spread it to more, it just moves over. And I only get one blue bubble!

i feel dumb!!

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wanpen called and told me to remind you that there are 4 days left in the cruise and she would like to see you everyday.😁

Actually, she's practically booked solid rest of the week.  Almost all were requests.  😀

I'm happy for her.

• Like 1

My granddaughter’s next door neighbor, Brian McCluney and his friend, Justin Walker went fishing out of Canaveral Friday. 

There is a massive search going on for these two firefighters. 

We cruisers know what a huge and mighty ocean the Atlantic is. 

Please everybody say a prayer for them to be found, although by now it may be just bringing them home. The search area has now stretched all the way to North Carolina. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually, she's practically booked solid rest of the week.  Almost all were requests.

Wow ! Good massage therapists are worth it. I may need to try and book her on our Oct. sailing.

Edited by Swank Pad G
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My granddaughter’s next door neighbor, Brian McCluney and his friend, Justin Walker went fishing out of Canaveral Friday. 

There is a massive search going on for these two firefighters. 

We cruisers know what a huge and mighty ocean the Atlantic is. 

Please everybody say a prayer for them to be found, although by now it may be just bringing them home. The search area has now stretched all the way to North Carolina. 

Yes, I've been hearing about it on the news and pray that the men are found....can't even imagine what their families are going through. Pray, pray, pray for all involved.

• Like 2