Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

21 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

It’s so easy to delete the pictures from a quote

Or just select the text that you want to quote (like I did above) and click on the "quote selection" box that pops up.  Very fast and no need to delete anything.  Someone else mentioned this tip a few weeks ago.  Lesser known option that I don't think existed in the older version of CC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Doctor Etsebeth saw us and confirmed Laura has Bronchitis. Luckily it's not contagious. Prescribed Dayquil, Prednisone, and a ZPack.  $182 all in. Unfortunately, they were out of Prednisone pills, so they gave her liquid.  It's really nasty stuff. 

Well, this is really not any of my business but I won't let a little thing like that keep me from commenting. If Laura was put on an antibiotic then the doctor must suspect a bacterial infection. Contrary to your post, it IS contagious. If the doctor suspected a viral infection then it is STILL contagious but the antibiotics will do no good. If the bronchitis was not caused by a pathogen then it is not contagious and the antibiotics are completely unnecessary.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, this is really not any of my business but I won't let a little thing like that keep me from commenting. If Laura was put on an antibiotic then the doctor must suspect a bacterial infection. Contrary to your post, it IS contagious. If the doctor suspected a viral infection then it is STILL contagious but the antibiotics will do no good. If the bronchitis was not caused by a pathogen then it is not contagious and the antibiotics are completely unnecessary.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. 

Appreciate the insight. Tagging you was my way of getting a second opinion. I'm crafty like that. 😉

Actually the primary diagnosis was Pharyngitis, but I didnt know that until I got the actual bill. 

Wikipedia said that's viral. So the ZPack is likely a $16 waste

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Or just select the text that you want to quote (like I did above) and click on the "quote selection" box that pops up.  Very fast and no need to delete anything.  Someone else mentioned this tip a few weeks ago.  Lesser known option that I don't think existed in the older version of CC.

Great tip!  Hope everyone will use it.  I must have missed it elsewhere....I’ve just been deleting the pictures.🙄

51 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love it, thanks

Screenshot_20190821-084645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.387823b129de1e691576e9775ff14950.jpg

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who is Mr & Mrs Faiella?

Their cruise alias? 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

When we got back to the cabin, more wine. Thanks Ken

Slick.  Very slick.  I like it.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is worthy of the trophy emoji.  Thanks for sharing the info.

John, I hope Laura is starting to feel better. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Wikipedia said that's viral. So the ZPack is likely a $16 waste

Could be viral or bacterial. Wiki doesn't know everything. It is contagious either way. Don't share glasses, eating utensil, and knock off the kissing.😘

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear Laura isn't feeling well. I hope she gets better and you can still have a great time. I like the caribbean cough syrup idea I may have to try it even if i'm not sick.

Edited by Swank Pad G
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Or just select the text that you want to quote (like I did above) and click on the "quote selection" box that pops up.

Wow!!  So much easier than deleting all the pictures (I do try to delete the pictures).

That sucks that Laura is sick.  I hope she recovers fast and I hope you spoil her a little bit more...

• Thanks 1

Wishing Laura a speedy recovery and pray you don't catch it!!!!!😲 Tom got the bug a couple of weeks ago, then I got it!🤢 Guess we didn't stay away from each other quickly enough. Anyway, we are both almost back to 100% now and I'm gearing up for the Allure!😁 Thanks again for letting us tag along!!

• Thanks 1

Sorry Laura is sick.  My husband caught something similar on our last cruise. Our suite attendant brought him a tray of different teas and then sent me to the vitality cafe.  She told me to ask for the same thing that the crew gets when they are sick. She didn't give me the name of it but the person making it knew exactly what to make.  It helped a lot, especially with the coughing.

• Thanks 1

So sorry to hear that Laura is "under the weather." Hopefully she'll feel better each day. Now I understand why we hadn't heard from you on Monday about your stop in Coco Cay.  Thank goodness the Doc isn't making Laura stay only in her cabin.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Prescribed Dayquil,

Testing out the quoting tip from above.  Works perfectly, thanks!

I really wish more ships would carry something different that that stuff.  That had Sudafed in it that many people can't take because of high blood pressure or just because it causes their heart to race like me.  Plus it has Tylenol in it and many don't realize and take Tylenol on its own.  Anthem has a cough suppressant/expectorant syrup last time I went to medical, though had only the Dayquil the time before.  We have now added cough syrup to our first aid kit.

Hope Laura feels better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SO sorry to hear that Laura is under the weather. I hope that the meds she got will knock it out of her quick and she can enjoy the remainder of your cruise.

That stir fry looks delicious, but for those of us that can't enjoy the CK I guess we are out of luck. Enjoy your day.

• Thanks 1