Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

Headed back to Pt Canaveral,  medical emergency 

Screenshot_20190818-212935_Maps.thumb.jpg.6ae811e604c11f40625e6e21d4d2eeab.jpg

Must have turned around a while ago.

Coco Cay arrival pushed back to 11am, but we're staying until 6pm. 

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

In our experience, Allure had nothing to do with it,  as it was years before Allure’s problems. Our cruises B2B’s were scheduled for the same areas. 

We also had a western/western back to back, but that was at the result of a hurricane. The cruise was supposed to be western/eastern, and turned into Western/Western, but I didn’t count that in the non-alternate scheduling. 

Anything is possible, and Allure’s issues can certainly cause another ship to change port

m

We had almost all Western after Irma in 2017

3 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hi John and thanks so much for your amazing review on Harmony!  Happy Belated Birthday!

I'll be sailing on Harmony in two weeks and we'll be stopping at Coco Cay.  Are clam shells available for the day? If so, where are they located and how much?  I read on CC that there are no clam shells but the email that I received from RCI noted that there are clam shells.

What time were you able to get off the ship in St. Maarten?  We're planning a day at the beach and would like to get off the ship ASAP.

Bella... OMG she is precious!  I'm a co-parent to a two year old Westie named Daisy and she has me wrapped! I love Westie's.

Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy!

St Maarten was early off, maybe 8am.

Will look into clamshells.

If we make it.

At some point this week could you investigate the great chocolate buffet in the WJ? Would love to know which night and see some pictures and a review that your taste buds could give on the treats.

Edited by Swank Pad G
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

I'll be sailing on Harmony in two weeks and we'll be stopping at Coco Cay.  Are clam shells available for the day? If so, where are they located and how much?  I read on CC that there are no clam shells but the email that I received from RCI noted that there are clam shells.

Sounds like there are umbrellas every couple of loungers on all the beaches/pools now.... is a clamshell really necessary if you have a free umbrella for shade?

On 8/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, torpeedo said:

Wait what!!!??   Any idea how temporary?  or which ship will replace??  

I think the new Icon class may replace her. I believe that class will be LNG, and PC will have the Mardi Gras there late next year with the same setup. We shall see I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I think the new Icon class may replace her. I believe that class will be LNG, and PC will have the Mardi Gras there late next year with the same setup. We shall see I guess. 

Icon class isn’t due until 2022.  I agree that that will eventually sail from OC but they need something else in PC from April 2021

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

St Maarten was early off, maybe 8am.

Will look into clamshells.

If we make it.

Thank you very much for checking into this, I greatly appreciate it.  

Hope the person that needed medical emergency will be OK.

Enjoy your cruise and looking forward to your posts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Sounds like there are umbrellas every couple of loungers on all the beaches/pools now.... is a clamshell really necessary if you have a free umbrella for shade?

That would be great.  My husband needs shade so if there are plenty around the beaches/pool that would work.  Thanks so much for letting me know.

1 hour ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

That would be great.  My husband needs shade so if there are plenty around the beaches/pool that would work.  Thanks so much for letting me know.

Here is a picture of the the area around the Oasis Lagoon. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of umbrellas. 

mac_tlc

725BD352-A0FD-4DDE-A3B9-AABA47EEA4A4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I am following other threads here stating the cost of the cabanas on Cococay.  

We never booked one on Labadee, with doing excursions and such, we would never be in it. And could not see using the money for so little time in it.

Can you find out if that is really the cost people are paying????

It seems very high to me.

Also, are they left un-booked (for lack of a better word).

I just cannot believe the cost!

TY

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We never booked one on Labadee, with doing excursions and such, we would never be in it. And could not see using the money for so little time in it.

TY

I can reply on our behalf.  We have cabanas booked over 3 different sailings.  2 are waterpark with 6 passes for each visit and one at the beach.  I could give you the pricing but in Canadian funds which for you would be like Monopoly money.  We booked them well in advance and the price has only gone up.  Currently the are all more than we booked them for, approximately 2.5 times more.  I did however grab one price drop of $75.  

My suggestions, book the one you want early and watch for price drops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

TY

We used them on Labadee back when they were like $175 (around 2012-2015) and they were new.  Once they went over $250, we said forget it.  There's shade under trees and now we book a clamshell instead at Labadee.  For our upcoming Harmony b2b cruise, cabanas on Coco (and Labadee) are ridiculously priced.   And, yes, people are paying those prices.  It's really supply and demand.  They are just way too expensive for what they are, yet they do sell. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BND said:

.  They are just way too expensive for what they are, yet they do sell. 

It would be interesting to know how much time people actually spend in the cabana (when they are not out swimming or doing other things) take that time and divide it into the total cost.  I would imagine the cost per hour is astronomical.

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

It would be interesting to know how much time people actually spend in the cabana (when they are not out swimming or doing other things) take that time and divide it into the total cost.  I would imagine the cost per hour is astronomical.

It will vary by individual, the cost of the cabana and what is included with it.  We will be one of the first off the ship at 8am and last to get back on board at 4pm.  We plan on being on the Island all day hitting the slides immediately.  Once the lines build we will hit the cabana and relax.  When the lines dissipate we will slide again or hit the wave wave pool.  The cabana will be our home base.  Each cabana also has a lockable storage device, to which we can leave our camera etc in while out adventuring/wave pooling.  

We purchased our cabana for approximatley $525 and it comes with 6 full day water park passes.  We should be "using" our cabana for 7.5 hours of our 8 hours there.  We should actually be in it for half the time.  In my eyes it works out to be a decent hourly price either way especially when you read the following.

Right now for our sailing next week, a full day water park pass is approximately $95.  Six full day park passes alone would be $570.  A cabana like ours is still bookable/available for $1000.  A Chill Island Cabana is available for almost $1,300. Oasis Lagoon ones are sold out but show the same cost of $1,300.  Beach Bungalows are sold out at approx $400 as well as Beach Beds at approx $300.  These are approx prices as I have exchanged them from Canadian to US Funds. None of those get passes to the water park included.  As crazy as the prices are, people are booking them.   It is what is justifiable too oneself.  If we wanted to recoup some of our funds we could sell our extra three water park passes on the black market in Central Park. LOL.  $50 each should be an easy sale.  Just Kidding.  That's US funds, not Canadian. 😉

Book early in my mind is the key and realisticlly consider how much time will you use it for.  You can always cancel prior to your sailing date, either for a cheaper price or changing your mind.  

Sorry John for the digression of your review.  Have a drink on me in the SL today.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

TY

A friend of mine just got back from a stop there on Adventure last week. He said the price was $1200 last week.

• Thanks 1