Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've lost track (I'm easily confused and unfortunately can't follow in real time).  You both did a Harmony Eastern, then Laura did a 4 day Majesty, and now you're both doing a Harmony Western.  Is that correct?  We're on the same western itinerary (Symphony) in November and am interested in what you do at Roatan.  Whatever it is, Bon Voyage.

Since Harmony does alternating eastern and western....I am guessing John is doing same eastern itinerary again.  (Skipped a week).  

Laura did Mariner.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Since Harmony does alternating eastern and western....I am guessing John is doing same eastern itinerary again.  (Skipped a week).  

Laura did Mariner.  

He showed the western itinerary a few posts ago.  You're right though, with normal east/west alternating and a week in between cruises, you would think it would be eastern again.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

He showed the western itinerary a few posts ago.  You're right though, with normal east/west alternating and a week in between cruises, you would think it would be eastern again.  

Hmm..indeed that is odd.  🤔  And you are right, just checked.  8/25 and next following (9/1) are  both eastern.  Kind of messes up trying to do different ports on a B2B.   Limping Allure perhaps has something to do with it...or has it been scheduled that way for awhile?  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Laura did Mariner.  

We're doing western. 

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We're doing western. 

Yup, saw that.  See my post a couple spots up ^.

Have a fantabulous cruise!!  🙂   Did you go up to CK for embarkation lunch?  My favorite perk! 🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

For some reason harmony, and before that oasis, had a few cruises that we’re not Eastern and Western alternating. We sometimes have book for our schedule rather than itinerary when we are doing the Caribbean. Twice we’ve had  the same area ( Eastern or western ) on a B2B. 

M

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Absolutely precious.... hope I can meet her in person next month!

I'm sure that can be arranged.  Not sure I can bring her to Raddison.  I'll look into that when we get back

#pooleparty

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yep, wierd that it's western, but I'm loving it

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Hmm..indeed that is odd.  🤔  And you are right, just checked.  8/25 and next following (9/1) are  both eastern.  Kind of messes up trying to do different ports on a B2B.   Limping Allure perhaps has something to do with it...or has it been scheduled that way for awhile?  

Our western is rather different than last week

I'm guessing

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yup, saw that.  See my post a couple spots up ^.

Have a fantabulous cruise!!  🙂   Did you go up to CK for embarkation lunch?  My favorite perk! 🙂 

Yep, met Ellen and Dan.

They may have been the ones to drink all the Amstel. My second one was not quite chilled properly.  😉🍺

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

The photo of the ship has the terminal in the foreground. 

The first few years I sailed out of Canaveral parking was in a field and check in was in a geodesic dome. And there was only one. 

Same people waving from Jetty Park, though!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

For some reason harmony, and before that oasis, had a few cruises that we’re not Eastern and Western alternating. We sometimes have book for our schedule rather than itinerary when we are doing the Caribbean. Twice we’ve had  the same area ( Eastern or western ) on a B2B. 

M

I dont even know where were going sometimes.  Totally jaded

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, met Ellen and Dan.

They may have been the ones to drink all the Amstel. My second one was not quite chilled properly.  😉🍺

LOL!!  At least Bucky won't get blamed for that one if we cruise together again.  He is a "hiney" guy!  😉  Was a funny joke one day when one of the waiters gave him a non-alcoholic Hiney.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The photo of the ship has the terminal in the foreground. 

The first few years I sailed out of Canaveral parking was in a field and check in was in a geodesic dome. And there was only one. 

Same people waving from Jetty Park, though!

Big Red boat (Premier)?  Seascape?   Lots of shrimp boats docked up where the cruise ships are now.  And that stinky Scallop processing plant!!  🤢

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

In our experience, Allure had nothing to do with it,  as it was years before Allure’s problems. Our cruises B2B’s were scheduled for the same areas. 

We also had a western/western back to back, but that was at the result of a hurricane. The cruise was supposed to be western/eastern, and turned into Western/Western, but I didn’t count that in the non-alternate scheduling. 

Anything is possible, and Allure’s issues can certainly cause another ship to change port

m

• Like 1

We're doing a  b2b on Harmony in Nov.  Nov 3 and 10.  First leg, Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel, second leg Coco Cay, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel.   We could have done eastern if we wanted to go the week before or over Thanksgiving.  Those dates didn't really work for us.

• Like 1

Hi John and thanks so much for your amazing review on Harmony!  Happy Belated Birthday!

I'll be sailing on Harmony in two weeks and we'll be stopping at Coco Cay.  Are clam shells available for the day? If so, where are they located and how much?  I read on CC that there are no clam shells but the email that I received from RCI noted that there are clam shells.

What time were you able to get off the ship in St. Maarten?  We're planning a day at the beach and would like to get off the ship ASAP.

Bella... OMG she is precious!  I'm a co-parent to a two year old Westie named Daisy and she has me wrapped! I love Westie's.

Have a fantastic cruise and enjoy!