What's wrong with this website? (Cruise Critic)

SumoCitrus

For several weeks I can not log into CC on my tablet.  I can view everything.  The icon to sign in are there but do not respond.  No problem on the laptop.  My preferred method to check in is the tablet since it can be done while watching tv or sitting outside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

For several weeks I can not log into CC on my tablet.  I can view everything.  The icon to sign in are there but do not respond.  No problem on the laptop.  My preferred method to check in is the tablet since it can be done while watching tv or sitting outside.

On your tablet don’t log on from the boards page, log on from the main Cruise Critic page https://www.cruisecritic.com/ then go to boards. 

Edited by Charles4515

32 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

This page isn’t working

boards.cruisecritic.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

It will all be better during the next update 🤓

I just love your optimism 😂😇🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

On your tablet don’t log on from the boards page, log on from the main Cruise Critic page https://www.cruisecritic.com/ then go to boards. 

I've tried that path several times with no luck.  I just tried my phone, which I don't like to use for this, and it was problematic.  It remembered me but would not let me reply.  Really wish CC hadn't abandoned the app.

It's been like this on my laptop for a couple of days. Maddening!
Not only that, but there are many glitches from the changeover to the new boards that have never been fixed at all! Also maddening. I've learned how to get around them, but it would be nice to take the direct route.
Put them both together, and I may find some other way to spend my time.

Not ready for prime-time website. (but not as bad as HAL's).

Some of us have been getting the Error 500 message since before the last update.  It was thought that the update would fix that error.   For two days, all was fine and now it is just crazy.  Almost every other page is Error 500.  

16 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I've tried that path several times with no luck.  I just tried my phone, which I don't like to use for this, and it was problematic.  It remembered me but would not let me reply.  Really wish CC hadn't abandoned the app.

Don’t know what kind of tablet or phone you are using but I have three iPads and one iPhone and am able to log in to all of them. Most of the time like now I am using an iPad for Cruise Critic. I rarely use my computer. I wish they still supported the app because I preferred the app for the phone. On the small phone screen it is more difficult to use the mobile browser than the app because of the smaller screen. 

47 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Here is the related thread:

Wow.  The link to the related thread has completely disappeared from my view but when I quoted my post I can see it again.  At the moment, anyway.

Ugh.  Getting that error message that says -200 upload failed again.  Anyway else getting that?

10 minutes ago, RuthC said:

It's been like this on my laptop for a couple of days. Maddening!
Not only that, but there are many glitches from the changeover to the new boards that have never been fixed at all! Also maddening. I've learned how to get around them, but it would be nice to take the direct route.
Put them both together, and I may find some other way to spend my time.

Not ready for prime-time website. (but not as bad as HAL's).

To put it mildly the changeover was poorly done. Whoever they have contracted with for their server is doing a poor job. I am on other forums using the new board software and those boards rarely have a glitch. They also still have their custom forum app and Tapatalk as options. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Don’t know what kind of tablet or phone you are using but I have three iPads and one iPhone and am able to log in to all of them. Most of the time like now I am using an iPad for Cruise Critic. I rarely use my computer. I wish they still supported the app because I preferred the app for the phone. On the small phone screen it is more difficult to use the mobile browser than the app because of the smaller screen. 

I’m glad it works for you, but trust me you are in the minority I think it is safe to say.

My older IPad can’t get half the posts to take on some days.  It gets stuck at “save”.

My new IPad gets the posts taken IF I can get to the thread.  The minute I click to go a thread 1/2 the time it goes to white space and I have to retry and retry.  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Sometimes I close CC and try again and sometimes I just get off the boards as it’s not worth the efforts.  Part of the reason my Bon Voyage thread was late the other day.

There is no reason for this IMO unless they hired the same techs that HAL used.  It’s abysmal and worked great before the “new and improved CC”.  

Who are they kidding?  They should have left what might have been outdated format alone.  At least it worked.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I’m glad it works for you, but trust me you are in the minority I think it is safe to say.

My older IPad can’t get half the posts to take on some days.  It gets stuck at “save”.

My new IPad gets the posts taken IF I can get to the thread.  The minute I click to go a thread 1/2 the time it goes to white space and I have to retry and retry.  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Sometimes I close CC and try again and sometimes I just get off the boards as it’s not worth the efforts.  Part of the reason my Bon Voyage thread was late the other day.

There is no reason for this IMO unless they hired the same techs that HAL used.  It’s abysmal and worked great before the “new and improved CC”.  

Who are they kidding?  They should have left what might have been outdated format alone.  At least it worked.

The white space or 500 error has nothing to do with your iPad. This is a problem with the boards not the device. It has little to do with the new format, other communities are using it without issues, although I agree that the old format was better. To be kind.... whoever is doing the tech is in over their head.  

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I'm using an iPad and am having the issue.  I do take updates as they become available.  So my device is current.  If you know a trick I'm willing to give it a try.