Princess Club Class

Debate

2 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

BTW, we were on the Regal last August and extra dishes were offered in CC. So the Regal is not left out of the program all the time.

Jim

That's nice to hear, we will be on her again 10/31 for 10 nights...hope they have some "extra dishes" to try out this time!

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

That's nice to hear, we will be on her again 10/31 for 10 nights...hope they have some "extra dishes" to try out this time!

Hi Gracie , so nice to see your name pop up . If you haven't booked your TA's for next year we're on the Regal April 19 and the Zuiderdam on August 19 , would love to sail with you guy's again ! 

Edited by scubacruiserx2

10 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Hi Gracie , so nice to see your name pop up . If you haven't booked your TA's for next year we're on the Regal April 19 and the Zuiderdam on August 19 , would love to sail with you guy's again ! 

Oh, that would be great, but next year we are booked on the Sky TA and Baltic that follows it.  We are FINALLY getting to St Petersburg.  Also going on the Regal this fall from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale,  we did it last year and it was a great cruise and wonderful to sail out of Brooklyn with the NY skyline and the Statue of Liberty in front of us.

Join us on the Millie in April 2021 in Japan!!  We are doing the 14 night around Japan April 14 and then the TP after it to Vancouver!!

Would love to sail with you again too!!!

24 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Oh, that would be great, but next year we are booked on the Sky TA and Baltic that follows it.  We are FINALLY getting to St Petersburg.  Also going on the Regal this fall from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale,  we did it last year and it was a great cruise and wonderful to sail out of Brooklyn with the NY skyline and the Statue of Liberty in front of us.

Join us on the Millie in April 2021 in Japan!!  We are doing the 14 night around Japan April 14 and then the TP after it to Vancouver!!

Would love to sail with you again too!!!

Fantastic , that sounds like a great TA/Baltic . We did do the Baltic in June this year from Copenhagen along with Iceland , Norway and Scotland so our review may help you .

Japan and the TP sound great and we'll take a look into it . 😊

9 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Fantastic , that sounds like a great TA/Baltic . We did do the Baltic in June this year from Copenhagen along with Iceland , Norway and Scotland so our review may help you .

Japan and the TP sound great and we'll take a look into it . 😊

Thanks for the link to your review, I am sure it will be helpful!!

We would LOVE to have you with us on the Japan trip!!!

5 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

If I'm happy then it is not a bad decision, but I'm sorry that you can't figure out on your own when you have made one.😉

Who said I can't figure it out?  Something you do can make you happy but till be a bad decision. To bad you have trouble figuring that our.

Edited by Potstech

6 hours ago, Rusty10 said:

I understand that the meal is the same as the MDR with extra entree options. But if you choose the regular meals, is your meal prepared when you order or is it still part of the mass production? 

On my last cruise (Ruby), the Maitre' D and Head chef said ALL meals are made to order.  Plating may be mass...but entree is not placed on plate until ordered.  

As for CC...I enjoy the extra dish, real anytime dining, and better service.

We had a least one special that was not on the menu on the regal every evening last February.  Ate every night between 7 and 7:30 and never had a wait.  In fact we had the same table and waiter every night but one.

• Like 1

Has anyone used the "Priority embark and debark" with the Club Class?  What does that give you?  How early can you board?  They also mention "evening canapés"  what is that - I assume they are no charge and you pay a delivery fee or tip?   I'd love to hear thoughts on those two benefits of Club Class?   I appreciate all the advice and input!  This will be our first cruise on Princess.  

9 hours ago, Rusty10 said:

I understand that the meal is the same as the MDR with extra entree options. But if you choose the regular meals, is your meal prepared when you order or is it still part of the mass production? 

While the regular items from the regular menu were the same "mass production" meals, we did find that they were hotter, fresher and just nicer looking than other regular dining room meals. We were told that the servers in the club class have priority over other servers - they don't have to wait and they get to select the plates they pick up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Debate said:

Has anyone used the "Priority embark and debark" with the Club Class?  What does that give you?  How early can you board?  They also mention "evening canapés"  what is that - I assume they are no charge and you pay a delivery fee or tip?   I'd love to hear thoughts on those two benefits of Club Class?   I appreciate all the advice and input!  This will be our first cruise on Princess.  

If they're the same canapes that Elite Captain's Circle members get on formal nights, they are indeed no charge and there is no delivery charge, nor have I ever tipped because  I've never even seen the waiter.   I usually have them delivered before I know I'll be back to dress for dinner, so I'm not interrupted by the delivery while I'm showering and dressing. 

On 8/24/2019 at 4:11 AM, Gracie115 said:

I find this interesting.  We were in a suite, in Club Class last November on the Regal for 10 nights and we never had additional items offered or anything done table side for any of the nights.  We enjoyed Club Class very much but this "added extra" to the menus seem to be absent from the Regal.

We were on the Regal this July in a Suite and the CC had plenty of dining extras.  Particularly lobster and shrimp.  And tableside pasta among other options. 

For me, tableside preparation is a big perk. Here in the US it has largely disappeared as an option in fine dining. If you want to know why I’ll tell you.  It’s a big money loser. Only on cruise ships where labor cost is much lower than here is it at all feasible. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, jasbo49 said:

I hope not to offend any previous poster, but ...

I would sure hate to try to please some of the cruisers whose expectations and standards are reflected on this thread.

BTW, we were on the Regal last August and extra dishes were offered in CC. So the Regal is not left out of the program all the time.

Jim

Just got off the Regal yesterday.  They do not do the cooking at the portable station like on some ships.  But they do offer a special menu item for each dinner. Sometimes small like a special sauce and sometimes more like lobster tails or special cut of steak.

Pooh

On 8/24/2019 at 8:29 AM, cougaraz said:

We are finishing our 10 day Alaska cruise in Club Class on Grand Princess today and it is hard for me to envision planning any future cruises without booking a Club Class mini. Your individual mileage may vary, but for us the dining room experience was nothing short of sublime. 

I find that MDR dining on the Grand Princess is always very good. Thus the CC dining must be superb. I suspect the dining experience depends on who is the executive chef and who is the maitre'd on the ship. Unfortunately the Grand will be moving home port from San Francisco to Singapore and I suspect taking its culinary crew with it.  😞

Another party to hear from.  We booked (a year ago) a Mini-Club Class on a 20 day (b2b) on a cruise in Feb 2020 on the Crown.  The price for the deluxe balcony is now more than what we paid for the Mini-Club Class.  That being said - I enjoy the extra pampering you get in the club class dining room.  It's like the Cheer's bar where "everybody knows your name."  Not sure food tastes better but the presentation is wonderful.  We enjoy being able to go anytime we want.  It is generally much quicker getting in and out so you can go to that special show you wanted to see.  One time they didn't have seats available and they comped us a meal at the Crown Grille.  Our next couple of cruises we have booked the deluxe balcony where the price is much less which allows us to go on more cruises.  We are on the Enchanted on its maiden voyage in June 2020 and are booked in the deluxe balcony.  Happy cruising everyone.

Edited by candy4040
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that No wait at meals is not the only CC benefit.  You get 1/2 bottle of two wines (They indicate one each of red/white, but you can ask Steward for 2 white or 2 red.  You get evening canapés upon request, upgraded robes and priority embarkation/disembarkation (if you do not already have that perk).  I did not see how long your cruise would be, but at $400+ pp, only you can decide it it is worth it.  My DH and I did it once and will do again in December.  For us on the Royal class, it is worth more because of the balcony.  However, we would never pay that much for a 7 day cruise.  Happy sailing.

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

It all depends on what's important to you.  I would never book Club Class for the perks that come with it.  They just aren't worth that much to me at all.  What I will book Club Class for is the cabin location on the Royal Class ships.  I happen to love the forward corner mini-suites with the massive balconies (M-107, 108 & L-107, 108) and they just happen to be CC.  

We have just rebooked our Alaska cruise for 2021.  Had to change from the Grand to the Royal, and went from 1 Grand Suite to 2 Club Class suites (M107 & M108).  Would love to see photos and hear all your details of those two cabins!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HUNNY BUN said:

We have just rebooked our Alaska cruise for 2021.  Had to change from the Grand to the Royal, and went from 1 Grand Suite to 2 Club Class suites (M107 & M108).  Would love to see photos and hear all your details of those two cabins!!

just to be sure, you are aware that a lot of the perks that came with the Grand Suite on the Grand aren't the same as the Club Class Mini's on any ship, correct ?

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

just to be sure, you are aware that a lot of the perks that came with the Grand Suite on the Grand aren't the same as the Club Class Mini's on any ship, correct ?

Oh yes, we are very aware.  Unfortunately we had no choice, as the Grand will not be sailing in Alaska next year, and the grand suites on the other ships are no where near as nice as the one on the Grand Princess was going to be.  So, we decided on the two separate suites. Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HUNNY BUN said:

Oh yes, we are very aware.  Unfortunately we had no choice, as the Grand will not be sailing in Alaska next year, and the grand suites on the other ships are no where near as nice as the one on the Grand Princess was going to be.  So, we decided on the two separate suites. Thanks!!

I, and many others, have previously posted that Princess 'should' make a new name for the Club Class mini's to NOT include the word "Suite" to avoid confusion ...

We tried Club Class on 3 separate occasions, we did not think it was worth the extra cost.  We like to dine in Traditional Second Seating, we show up 15 minutes after the doors open and walk right to our table...