Thank You Mariner Society

sail7seas

A few days ago, I called Mariners Society.

I spoke with a lovely woman and  told her I left my Platinum Medallion on Zaandam  in  May  and asked if Mariners Society could  provide  me with another.  She said yes and I received it in my mail   today;  Impressive.  I am most appreciative  and  will  carefully put  i t away to have for my next HAL cruise

Thank You,  Mariners

image.png.ea308851be6b0461549122d448afcaec.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

That's great that they replaced it.  But, curious, why do you take it on your cruises?

Where else would one take  their M edallion out of the  box but for the Medallion party before Mariners Brunch?

Do you have a Medallion and don't bring it on your cruises?

Entirely your choice if that is the case,

image.png.27cbfc21578d647240a1c2e3f9ba5d02.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Where else would one take  their M edallion out of the  box but for the Medallion party before Mariners Brunch?

Do you have a Medallion and don't bring it on your cruises?

Entirely your choice if that is the case,

image.png.27cbfc21578d647240a1c2e3f9ba5d02.png

We take ours. After all it is the most expensive piece of jewelry we both own. So good for you to take yours. It reminds you of all the beautiful cruises you have enjoyed to receive the Platinum  medallion each time you wear it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Storylady said:

We take ours. After all it is the most expensive piece of jewelry we both own. So good for you to take yours. It reminds you of all the beautiful cruises you have enjoyed to receive the Platinum  medallion each time you wear it. 

A lovely message,  thank you.    🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sail7seas said:

We take ours. After all it is the most expensive piece of jewelry we both own. 

I never thought of this medallion that way.  But, you are surely correct for me as well.  I don't regret a cent of what those cruises in the past represent regardless of the cruise line.

Flying to a port, the medallion is likely to stay home due to luggage weight issues.  When I drive to a port, I usually bring it and I do wear it when it is appropriate.  I always try to wear the Cruise Line's Loyalty pin, whether it is HAL or Princess,  on my shirt when I embark.  My thinking is that if there becomes an issue as to which check-in line I ought to be directed, it might help without me having to, once again, getting out paper documents as to whether I am HAL 5 Star or Princess Elite or whatever.

5 hours ago, sail7seas said:

I spoke with a lovely woman and  told her I left my Platinum Medallion on Zaandam  in  May  and asked if Mariners Society could  provide  me with another.  She said yes and I received it in my mail   today;  Impressive.  I am most appreciative  and  will  carefully put  i t away to have for my next HAL cruise

Thank You,  Mariners

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

I’m glad the Mariner Society was able to help you. I know how many memories my Medallion means to me, as I’m sure yours does to you.

Just one question, did they send it with the new logo or the old one, since the ones onboard now are the new logo.?

23 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

They look heavy

They are and that's the reason I leave mine at home when I fly.  I don't need more weight added to my luggage.  But, the medallions are lovely and the label pins that come with the medallions are nice.  I wear mine with thankfullness that I am able to do so.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

They are and that's the reason I leave mine at home when I fly.  I don't need more weight added to my luggage.  But, the medallions are lovely and the label pins that come with the medallions are nice.  I wear mine with thankfullness that I am able to do so.  

I acually like   the lapel pins more than the medallons.  My DH wore his on blazer/suit lapel when   on the ships.  I, too am grateful for having been able to cruise so much   and being able   to  continue to do so.

image.png.b9f39945e1ba91ab2b1f39a59126a75f.png

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, sail7seas said:

Thank You,  Mariners

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

And thank you, s7s, for your very classy and positive message.  Best wishes & smooth sailing.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:11 PM, 1ANGELCAT said:

I’m glad the Mariner Society was able to help you. I know how many memories my Medallion means to me, as I’m sure yours does to you.

Just one question, did they send it with the new logo or the old one, since the ones onboard now are the new logo.?

WHAT   a great question. 🙂  I  am so happy to say i t is  the 'old'  Traditional Logo

I wrote a thank you e-mail and sent t i to Mariners Society@ holland amer.ica.com  but sadly it bounced back  to me.   I did not wish  to send it t hrough the   contact us link on the HAL site.   I much pefer  to address it individually  but  Gerald Brnhoft's address  is the only name I  now kn w  at Mariners. I used to know many   but that was then.   I think it best to  not bother him with this .  I wish I knew  the address of the  lady who helped    me

image.png.9e296669369b8b494df5d9c324c8deca.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

WHAT   a great question. 🙂  I  am so happy to say i t is  the 'old'  Traditional Logo

I wrote a thank you e-mail and sent t i to Mariners Society@ holland amer.ica.com  but sadly it bounced back  to me.   I did not wish  to send it t hrough the   contact us link on the HAL site.   I much pefer  to address it individually  but  Gerald Brnhoft's address  is the only name I  now kn w  at Mariners. I used to know many   but that was then.   I think it best to  not bother him with this .  I wish I knew  the address of the  lady who helped    me

image.png.9e296669369b8b494df5d9c324c8deca.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

The email address I use is mariner_society@hollandamerica.com

59 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

The email address I use is mariner_society@hollandamerica.com

Angelcat   THank You so much,  I left out the (_  Underline).

Mail won't get through without it,      Will it ?   🙂

Edited by sail7seas

On 8/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, avian777 said:

And thank you, s7s, for your very classy and positive message.  Best wishes & smooth sailing.

And best wishes to you ,Avian,  &  for smooth sailing.

image.png.ad9243d5438ee2d95d9231cac8d0fec4.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, rkacruiser said:

Flying to a port, the medallion is likely to stay home due to luggage weight issues.  When I drive to a port, I usually bring it and I do wear it when it is appropriate.

I always bring ours and put them in my jewellery pouch in my carry-on bag.  I figure we've earned them, why not wear them to the Mariner's Luncheon.  Like others, I've often told people they are the most expensive pieces of jewellery we own, and they contain the most amazing memories.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

We've worn ours to a ceremony held on the Koningsdam, where the entire series of pins and history of the medallions is presented. Prizes were announced for newest medallion holder, longest voyages, longest time at sea, most cruises, etc. There was special recognition for a gentleman who has continually cruised with no breaks for FIVE YEARS. (He looked pretty young & healthy, lol.)

• Like 1

We have ours in a drawer at home, never taken them on a cruise other then when we received them.  I would find wearing one to be bragging in a sense.  That’s just us but lately we have started skipping Mainer lunches as well, food is really nothing special.  I glad some draw pleasure from theirs, it’s just not our thing.

10 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We have ours in a drawer at home, never taken them on a cruise other then when we received them.  I would find wearing one to be bragging in a sense.  That’s just us but lately we have started skipping Mainer lunches as well, food is really nothing special.  I glad some draw pleasure from theirs, it’s just not our thing.

We are with you on the medallions.   They have no meaning for us.  Like you said it just isn’t our thing.  We’ve received one so far and left it on the ship for them to reuse if they choose.   We will get our 2nd one next year (luckily on the way back to the US not on the way to Europe) and not sure if we will bring it home or not.  We usually give our tiles away to other passengers while on board but kept the last ones to use as coasters.  

I’m happy to hear the medallions are meaningful to others. 

32 minutes ago, DoggyDaddy said:

We didn’t get pins when we got our bronze medallions. Were we supposed to?

DD

No. Once upon a time the medallions, and a small pin with the same logo and color, was the Mariner award. Nothing else. 
Then, the new star program was introduced and the medallions were discontinued. 

Mariners were most unhappy about that last decision, and all but the copper medallion were quickly returned; the copper medallion was brought back about a year later. 
But it was decided not to bring back the pins that went with the medallions, as the new star medallions would suffice.