Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

I live in Atlanta local weather tonight said slowing so much it may not make landfall until Tuesday. Royal might be able to get up to unload all the passengers on time Sunday and get right back out. Hope it works out that way for you all.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sherman793 said:

I live in Atlanta local weather tonight said slowing so much it may not make landfall until Tuesday. Royal might be able to get up to unload all the passengers on time Sunday and get right back out. Hope it works out that way for you all.

I think it would be risky but you never know. Things can change. 

We did find this in our cabin when we returned. 

F8812564-C4AD-46A0-BE1D-5CB6EDCA4F5F.thumb.jpeg.bf10e0e9b31fcbc08eab2dceaae3389b.jpeg

And this in the Compass. 

image.thumb.jpg.4d218a3d28a864ff112e548944455efe.jpg

981E5324-B24A-4CD7-9A09-4F6A29E3A5D9.thumb.jpeg.991fd524ac9adecaf6d1fab54c85df93.jpeg

So at that rate we can’t we back until the earliest  being Monday. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

Is Harmony slower than Navigator?  They will be in Cozumel on Monday and back in Miami on Wednesday.   Doesn’t that mean Harmony could be in Cozumel Friday and back at Port Canaveral by Sunday if they can sail at similar speeds?

Edit:  I checked and both have same speeds shown on ship specs. 

CB1745B8-E741-4D6B-BF65-B4DCAD86D505.jpeg

Edited by thrifty99

7 hours ago, island lady said:

The ships don't have a clue on how to cook good grits.  Nasty stuff.  This southern girl knows how to cook them.  I don't skimp by using the instant stuff either.  Put love into your grits...you get love in return.  😉 

Shrimp and grits they way the restaurants do them in Charleston SC...oh yeah!!  Wonderful!  🙂  

82 Queen on Queen St makes shrimp and grits so good it’s hard not to do a second order on the spot. 

Pure heaven!

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Is that your local Publix there?  That is hilarious...they really have a great sense of humor!  😄 

My neighborhood Publix sold out of hurricane cakes, chips and beer. 

I’m hoping that is a printing error because according to what we see now it’s clearer that storm is slowing down so plenty of time for HOS to get back and for us to get out before storm arrives. Don’t be greedy, it’s our turn.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Is Harmony slower than Navigator?  They will be in Cozumel on Monday and back in Miami on Wednesday.   Doesn’t that mean Harmony could be in Cozumel Friday and back at Port Canaveral by Sunday if they can sail at similar speeds?

CB1745B8-E741-4D6B-BF65-B4DCAD86D505.jpeg

That compass isn't Cozumel on Friday - it's Costa Maya Friday, and tomorrow (Saturday) Cozumel - being Saturday.  Can't be in Cozumel on Saturday and Port Canaveral on Sunday 

Edited by Racer26

8 minutes ago, boogity said:

I’m hoping that is a printing error because according to what we see now it’s clearer that storm is slowing down so plenty of time for HOS to get back and for us to get out before storm arrives. Don’t be greedy, it’s our turn.

Judging by the other ships being delayed this is not a misprint. Captain Johnny said on his 6 pm announcement that unless the storm turns sharp back out to sea, the port will be closed before we even had a chance of getting there. 

It truly sucks as there are people that need to get home to prepare their homes and get back to work. Not to mention the 6,000 plus people who want to get on board. Not just Harmony but ships across the Caribbean from all lines. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Judging by the other ships being delayed this is not a misprint. Captain Johnny said on his 6 pm announcement that unless the storm turns sharp back out to sea, the port will be closed before we even had a chance of getting there. 

It truly sucks as there are people that need to get home to prepare their homes and get back to work. Not to mention the 6,000 plus people who want to get on board. Not just Harmony but ships across the Caribbean from all lines. 

reports on another thread Allure not returning until Wednesday.......I would assume likewise for you

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What happens with drink packages and internet plans.  They charge per day... When the cruise is extended do they charge you extra days on your account?

In the past, they have not.  I would imagine that their crack IT department would have a heck of a time figuring out how much to charge each person snce there are so many different prices that were paid.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What happens with drink packages and internet plans.  They charge per day... When the cruise is extended do they charge you extra days on your account?

I suspect internet will likely be free for the remainder of the cruise and in the past they have given free phone calls as well. And drink packages will likely remain with whatever you had initially purchased.

Edited by A&L_Ont

10 minutes ago, Racer26 said:

That compass isn't Cozumel on Friday - it's Costa Maya Friday, and tomorrow (Saturday) Cozumel - being Saturday.  Can't be in Cozumel on Saturday and Port Canaveral on Sunday 

Got it - my mistake on the days. Thank you. 

• Like 1

I also just got an email from my moms condo association in Sarasota. They are battening down the hatches and they are in the other side of the state. 

Sounds line no where in Florida is a safe bet as of now. Be safe all of you. 

• Like 2

I just received this from CruiseLifeRick. His 3 day Navigator cruise tomorrow is now a 5 day cruise - and they get a one day future cruise credit. 

So a 5 day cruise for the price of 2 days. 

68E9F639-6C1A-45BB-95B5-8281D695CC78.jpeg

Edited by Yorkvillain

2 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I just received this from CruiseLifeRick. His 3 day Navigator cruise tomorrow is now a 5 day cruise - and they get a one day future cruise credit. 

quite generous indeed.

5 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Very nice!

15 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I’d be thrilled about this but I sure there are a lot of people who can’t get extended time off work or change travel plans. Stay safe all I’ll be riding it out in Melbourne Fl 🎯

45 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Two years ago we were delayed three days on oasis. Anyone who had a drink  or Internet package had their packages extended. I don’t remember if they had the dining package at that time. 

And all of the alcohol and restaurants were half price for the remaining three days.    We were not charged gratuities for those three days although many people gave extra to the crew. 

3 points (Or extra depending upon accommodations) were provided. 

m

• Like 1