Princess Cruise Card Colors

wrl001

The color of your cruise card denotes your "level"; i.e. how many past cruises you've done.  Their loyalty program is called Captain's Circle, comparable to HAL's Mariners Society.  On your first Princess cruise, you have a blue cruise card.  You are "Gold" after your first cruise; "Ruby" after 4th or 5th cruise (or 31-50 days aboard); "Platinum" from 6th cruise - 15th (or 51-150 days); "Elite" on 16th cruise and next cruises. (https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page)  Benefits increase at each level. HAL uses stars to denote your level; you're a 1 star pax on second cruise, etc. and benefits also increase with the number of your past cruises (https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html).

• Haha 1

All of the cruise lines at least here in NA have a loyalty program with different levels according to how many times you have sailed with them.  Each level as you have now found out gives special gifts/privileges.  Happy cruising  

There are at least 2 exceptions, first is if you are traveling/booked on a Princess Friend's and Fsmily rate, you will be issued a 'blue' card no matter what level you have earned, you will NOT receive most,  if an captain circle amenities. You will get cruise days and sailing credit at completion.

Travel agents on a special TA group or on thier 'Commodore' cruise will usually  be issued 'Elite' card no matter if this is thier first Princess cruise. Commodore cruise is  earned by passing required Princess training.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

The color of your cruise card denotes your "level"; i.e. how many past cruises you've done.  Their loyalty program is called Captain's Circle, comparable to HAL's Mariners Society.  On your first Princess cruise, you have a blue cruise card.  You are "Gold" after your first cruise; "Ruby" after 4th or 5th cruise (or 31-50 days aboard); "Platinum" from 6th cruise - 15th (or 51-150 days); "Elite" on 16th cruise and next cruises. (https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page)  Benefits increase at each level. HAL uses stars to denote your level; you're a 1 star pax on second cruise, etc. and benefits also increase with the number of your past cruises (https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html).

Slight correction "Ruby" from 4th or 5th cruise  (or 31-50 days aboard);

10 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Blue=new

gold=2-3 cruises

ruby=4-5 cruises

platinum=6-15

black=elite 16+cruises

It is cruise points, not cruises.

For most people, number of cruise points will = the number of cruises.

However, sailing in a suite will get you an extra point. Also, sailing solo in a cabin will get you an extra point.

55 minutes ago, caribill said:

It is cruise points, not cruises.

For most people, number of cruise points will = the number of cruises.

However, sailing in a suite will get you an extra point. Also, sailing solo in a cabin will get you an extra point.

So if you had completed 3 cruises and then took your next cruise in a suite, on the following cruise you’d be platinum status?

1 hour ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently on Crown and if you want matching colour card to match your medallion i.e. Elite then you have to pay 3 dollars once onboard. As standard they are all blue with coloured medallion.

2 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

Wow who would have thought there would be so much discussion about cruise cards .....

Not to mention the different colour lanyards you can be issued - now that's a whole different system

😎

What amazes me is why anyone cares.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Currently on Crown and if you want matching colour card to match your medallion i.e. Elite then you have to pay 3 dollars once onboard. As standard they are all blue with coloured medallion.

Good point

16 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Blue=new

gold=2-3 cruises

ruby=4-5 cruises

platinum=6-15

black=elite 16+cruises

You can also go by cruise days to increase your status.   Since we tend to go on longer cruises, we have fewer sailings so we go by the number of cruise days.  On Princess.com go to the Captains Circle section. All the levels and perks that go with them are listed there!  
Happy Cruising!

5 hours ago, majortom10 said:

You would think that that would be an included perk that comes with your status. 

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

You would think that that would be an included perk that comes with your status. 

Well I certainly haven't paid the 3dollars mine is still blue and have taken it off lanyard and put it in my pocket. Not wearing that round my neck all day around the ship and many still wear it round their necks when they go into port. Lovely site seeing people wearing them wandering around Dublin and Edinburgh 😂

• Haha 1

I don't know what's stranger, Princess charging $3.00, or a passenger actually paying it.  Earlier this year, on the Royal, the medallions just came in the color to match your level.  I can hardly wait to get a blue one and have people (thinking it's my first cruise) giving me unsolicited advice on cruising. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2