Where is carnival taking us that is different.

jsscuba2

Have you looked on the Carnival website? You’re asking a weird question like you’re not aware where Carnival sails. Where have you sailed to?  I agree, staying with one cruise line is one of the worst cruising mistakes people make .... unless you want to cruise to Cozumel and Nassau every cruise. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m boarding the Splendor tomorrow for her last Mexico sailing, and then the TP to Singapore. This is the first time Carnival has done some of these ports on a TP.

The Legend is doing a couple of unique itineraries next year. The eastern TA will visit Iceland and Greenland, and then a Norway cruise follows. I usually cruise Royal for the more unique itineraries.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Have you looked on the Carnival website? You’re asking a weird question like you’re not aware where Carnival sails. Where have you sailed to?  I agree, staying with one cruise line is one of the worst cruising mistakes people make .... unless you want to cruise to Cozumel and Nassau every cruise. 

The OP came to a cruise forum, specifically the Carnival forum, to ask if there are any new ports of call. Yes, anyone can go to the website and look at sailings, but it's not like you can sort them to find any possible new ports. For example, you can look at cruises to the Caribbean, but let's say there happened to be a new port of call within that category. You'd have to search through all the Caribbean sailings/ships throughout the year to find it. Or...you can come to a cruise forum and ask if anyone knows of such sailings. CC exists for a reason.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

The OP came to a cruise forum, specifically the Carnival forum, to ask if there are any new ports of call. Yes, anyone can go to the website and look at sailings, but it's not like you can sort them to find any possible new ports. For example, you can look at cruises to the Caribbean, but let's say there happened to be a new port of call within that category. You'd have to search through all the Caribbean sailings/ships throughout the year to find it. Or...you can come to a cruise forum and ask if anyone knows of such sailings. CC exists for a reason.

This is correct. Carnival might offer one cruise with visits to St. Lucia, Barbados, and Guadeloupe (to mention some islands that I would like to visit) but how would I know?  If this itinerary exists, please let me know.

• Like 1

It's the only itinerary I found with this exact ports.  there might be others but not sure.  Aug 29  carnival magic

Half moon cay, Turks, Aruba and Bonaire   I've seen close ones but not this one.  I really like it

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

This is correct. Carnival might offer one cruise with visits to St. Lucia, Barbados, and Guadeloupe (to mention some islands that I would like to visit) but how would I know?  If this itinerary exists, please let me know.

I know Carnival offers a 7 day out of San Juan that goes to Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten and St Thomas.  that's the best 7 nt itinerary I've sailed. 

but...we hit Tortola on NCL and it was ridiculous.  Went to Marina Cay and basically had the island to ourselves, drank painkillers on the beach and swam around and walked around island in awe. 

5 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

I know Carnival offers a 7 day out of San Juan that goes to Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten and St Thomas.  that's the best 7 nt itinerary I've sailed. 

but...we hit Tortola on NCL and it was ridiculous.  Went to Marina Cay and basically had the island to ourselves, drank painkillers on the beach and swam around and walked around island in awe. 

Thanks!  I will check cruises out of San Juan.

5 hours ago, Garth2 said:

When there is a change in the partisan political climate in Washington I predict Carnival will resume sailing to Cuba.

Probably happen sooner if Cuba pulls their thugs out of Venezuela propping up an illegal dictator.

Carnival Pride had one visit to Grenada this year (maybe part of a journeys cruise?). I have heard rumors of going back to St. Croix (went there on the Triumph in 2001), so there are more unusual ports out there. I agree, however, that searching for them can be tricky on the website. 

16 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

This is the cruise we're booked on in 2021. Love the selection of Ports. NCL and RCCL didn't have anything like it.  So excited!

28 minutes ago, RumpunchGirl said:

This is the cruise we're booked on in 2021. Love the selection of Ports. NCL and RCCL didn't have anything like it.  So excited!

Royal hasn't released their dates for 2021 yet but they have a cruise from San Juan that visits St Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, Antigua, and St.Lucia in October 2020.

When the 2021 dates are released they will probably be continuing this route but when will they release the dates is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, cmichael1279 said:

There's a chance I just didn't notice the stops in the past, but - has Carnival always stopped in Costa Maya, Mexico?  I'm seeing more and more cruises that stop there now and don't remember seeing Costa Maya in the past!

Costa Maya has increased as Carnival's presence in Texas, Louisiana , and Alabama has increased.

3 hours ago, cmichael1279 said:

There's a chance I just didn't notice the stops in the past, but - has Carnival always stopped in Costa Maya, Mexico? 

First time I stopped in Costa Maya was on a Carnival ship (Liberty) back in 2005 when the port was fairly new and blissfully undeveloped. Since then, I’ve been back two more times (once with Disney and another time again with Carnival). Every time, I like this port less and less. They keep building and building, even adding a water park, and it’s becoming a Cozumel 2 (not a compliment). It’s loosing its sleepy and laid back charm. Granted, you can head to Mahahual or some other place farther away to escape the overcrowded chaos, but even those other places are losing their charm as well. 

Edited by Tapi

On 9/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

Carnival is going to Tortola on their 2/29/20.  Antigua was original port, but Carnival & Antigua were not getting along.

Edited by CoolOne56