Would you book the same ship 2 years in a row

dulcemariamar

I had a fantastic time on my Baltic Cruise on Regal Princess but I am a bit annoyed because the cruise I want to do next year, British Isles, is also on Regal. 

Can I assume correctly that all the shows will be the same? 

Would you book the same ship again or would you try to find a different ship even if the itinerary isn't as interesting for you?

Was in the same situation, booked the Crown for the British Isles which we were just on last cruise. Go for the Itinerary. The British Isles is so port intensive, as long as you like the ship you'll be happy. The entertainment on the Crown was a bit the same with some local entertainers as well mixed in. Great cruise, enjoy.

11 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Even if you book a different Princess ship for next year, you may well have some or all the same shows. I book based on itinerary and sail date.

This is correct ... especially for stage/production shows.

Edited by BigGuy25

If you enjoyed the ship, the staff, the dining and entertainment and you want to explore the British Islands itinerary no reason not to book the same ship. If you want a fairly different experience then consider another cruise line.

• Like 2

Guest arowe6

I’ve booked the same ship 5 years in a row. Multiple times a year. Nothing wrong with having a favorite. 

Andrew 🙂

ps— mine is the regal too...

2 hours ago, dulcemariamar said:

I had a fantastic time on my Baltic Cruise on Regal Princess but I am a bit annoyed because the cruise I want to do next year, British Isles, is also on Regal. 

Would you book the same ship again or would you try to find a different ship even if the itinerary isn't as interesting for you?

We can book the same ship more than once in a year!   😁

• Like 2

Not only have booked the same ship, but also the same exact cabin multiple times, in a single year.  We’ve done two on Grand this year with a third booked a few months from now.  Really couldn’t care less about the shows though I do like seeing different guest entertainment trip to trip.  If the itinerary suits you, book without hesitation.

we’ve found that different patterns emerge trip to trip, for example one trip we fall in with the service team / entertainment at Crooners, the next trip in Wheelhouse.  Can make for two very different sets of memories even if the ship and cabin were repeated.

3 hours ago, dulcemariamar said:

We have in the past several times booked on the same ship.  If we like the ship we book - BUT it's easy to get burned out on that ship for future cruises.  The Grand is one we're burned out on.  Can't wait for a new ship to come to San Francisco.

4 hours ago, dulcemariamar said:

We're kind of creatures of habit(me & my spouse)If the ship has great features food, entertainment, etc. We'll book it more than once. We did 5 on QM2/3 on Celebrity/2 on Oceania(would have been 3)Others have been once here & there. We'll do another on Princess in Jan. Hawaiian trip. Entertainment often stays the same, but enough "one" nighters & such come along to keep it interesting for us.

• Like 1

Not only would I book the same ship but have done it several times.  I book ships that offer voyages to where I want to go.  I have never had a bad time or anything near on a Princess cruise.  One advantage of booking the same ship again is that you know where everything is located on the ship.  I will even book the same cabin or if not available one nearby always on the port side. 

• Like 2

I definitely would; I do adore the Regal, though. Yes, the shows will likely be the same, but the daily offerings of music, activities, and guest performers will vary. I’ve done both of those cruises, and they’re both wonderful, with the British Isles slightly having the edge to me.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

We did the same ship and same itinerary about 3 months apart. We did the Mexican Riviera over Thanksgiving on the Crown. Shortly after we got back, I saw the same cruise on sale over the week of the Presidents Day holiday in February,  so we booked that one. We got to see a lot of the same staff and a lot of them recognized us (still not sure if that is a good, or a bad thing! 😉 ).

I do think that it depends greatly on why you are going - ship as destination vs itinerary vs ??    If your purpose is to try all the ships then no, don't go on the same one twice.  If your purpose is the itinerary then yes the same ship again is secondary.   If you have sailed on her before then you will settle in faster as everything is familiar already.  

The crew may have rotated off, and the shows and entertainment and entertainers may have rotated off as well.  You will likely find a mix of same and not same. 

Our record is five cruises in a row on the same ship--the Caribbean Princess from 2014 to 2017. The production shows tend to stay on the same ships from five to ten years. The cost of producing the sets and costumes is so much that they can't change out shows easily.  

I'm currently on the Crown's transatlantic crossing. We haven't sailed on the Crown since 2011, but two of the production shows are ones we've seen on other ships: Sweet Soul Music and Encore. When I sailed on back-to-back cruises this summer in Alaska, I went to the production shows I enjoyed both weeks. 

To answer the question .....    YES

not wanting to fly, our options are limited...

So if it is Princess which we enjoy, we are about to  do the same cruise we have done 4 times all ready.

But this time we are doing it twice B2B to make a longer cruise ( 26 nights )

We just love being on the ship it is a great holiday, a moving view, and different people to meet and everything done for you.

What more could you ask for..... It is like going to your holiday house ( which we don't have ) and enjoying been there.

we do not need new things all the time...... OMG a new better half    LOL  I do not think so

Cheers and only 6 weeks this our next cruise

Don