Coco Beach Club Floating Cabana, wow

lisa6191

The price for these on our May 2020 Oasis cruise has reached $2000. I guess people must be reserving them for the price to go this high, but this is a phenomenon I truly don't understand. That's more than we paid per cabin for the entire cruise (and that's for an ocean-view balcony cabin). They started at $1499 and I thought that was outrageous, and I assumed the price would come down once nobody reserved at that price. I was very wrong. 

They are up to $1200 on my sailing.....glad I bought in at $999 😉

And as a funny counter point....the Chill Island cabanas are down to $399 now for the same sailing from a much higher price (that I had reserved at since the floating cabanas weren't available yet, and were not confirmed they would be)

Edited by dodgestang

We are going August 2020 and the Thrill Park cabana's are $999.00 and the OTW ones are $1699.00. Insanity for both.  I get the water park ones come with admission, but for 4 of us, that is an additional $600.00 for some metal poles and canvas thrown over them and set right out in the middle of everything. They could have at least made the water park cabanas SEEM a little luxurious if they are going to charge that much for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

Come on now, this is just insane.

The insanity is people seem to be paying these outrages prices. Royal is in it to make money, as long as people are willing to pay, prices will stay high.

Sherri🙂

Of course Royal (as well as every other cruise line) wants to make money.  That's business.  They may post these prices, but the consumers will determine if these rates are value-added for the product, or not.  I was willing to pay for an Oasis Lagoon Cabana at $499.  My friends and I agreed to this rate, which boils down to about $84 per person for 6 of us.  Let's see who will do the CoCo Beach Club OTW cabanas at the current asking price (and make friends with them on our cruises!).

47 minutes ago, jptoz said:

$2000  now for my April 2020 cruise. RCI just raised the prices so they  can lower it back to $1499 and say 25% off on there Black Friday sale.

What a deal!!!🙄

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rcclmiami said:

We are in coco cay next November (11-1 Allure TA). We have decided to not even get off the ship. Royal has priced us off of their island!

Ahhh....you can enjoy the island quite well without spending a dime.  Don't artificially limit yourself from swimming in some of the nicest water around (or even in the giant pool) based on a lot of negative chat in discussion groups or pricing for add ons.

If you take a family of 4 to Alaska and want to fly to a glacier it will cost you over 2k.....and its cold 😉  Just saying....comparatively speaking....

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, rcclmiami said:

We are in coco cay next November (11-1 Allure TA). We have decided to not even get off the ship. Royal has priced us off of their island!

We stayed on board earlier this year on our celebrity cruise, will go if they have a suite area like ladabee which we love.

15 hours ago, rcclmiami said:

I am on that sailing as well.  I will add that I went to Perfect Day last June and it was fabulous!!! Plenty of sun and fun for FREE! I spent the morning floating in the crystal clear waters and then the afternoon at that AMAZING pool!  AND, after having been 9 days straight on the Atlantic, I will be looking forward to a Perfect Day at Coco Cay!

18 hours ago, dodgestang said:

If you take a family of 4 to Alaska and want to fly to a glacier it will cost you over 2k.....and its cold 😉  Just saying....comparatively speaking....

Comparing more apples to apples, I just checked my invoice from actual paradise (the Hilton Moorea, French Polynesia) in an overwater cabana...

3 nights last year cost me $1827

Canadian dollars!!!!

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

I'm not trying to help justify their price increase, especially because we have no evidence of how they look aside from the marketing material.  But $2,000 across the cabana's 8 person capacity is $250 per person which includes access to the Beach Club.  Not as bad!

Price isn't too bad if you are splitting across a large group.  I agree it's somewhat obscene if you were only 2-3 people looking to get one.

I can't wait to see actual pictures from real cruisers once they are open in January!  

• Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, rcclmiami said:

You don't have to spend a dime to enjoy either Labadee and Coco Cay.  I wonder how many use their cabana for any length of time.  I'm always reading comments like we use the it as a home base. $2000 is a lot of money for towel storage. If I had that much money to burn you can bet I wouldn't be on a Royal Caribbean cruise. We were fine with the free chairs for our home base. We spent most of the day floating in the water and at the swim up bar.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:50 PM, dodgestang said:

Ahhh....you can enjoy the island quite well without spending a dime.  Don't artificially limit yourself from swimming in some of the nicest water around (or even in the giant pool) based on a lot of negative chat in discussion groups or pricing for add ons.

It’s more of a statement. If enough people say “not worth the money” maybe the prices will come down. And what will it cost to go to their private beach in St. Lucia?

On 11/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, Hoopster95 said:

Comparing more apples to apples, I just checked my invoice from actual paradise (the Hilton Moorea, French Polynesia) in an overwater cabana...

3 nights last year cost me $1827

Canadian dollars!!!!

Hoopster loved your Marina Review.  Went the year after you did.  Yes the Hilton Moorea is real paradise. Not sure Coco Cay is worth that much!