Keel Laid for Ryndam

boze9999

Thank you for showing  @boze9999  , other pieces pre built for this ship are also on their way to Venice . The Bow section for instance is being pulled by tug boats from Palermo to Venice .

We have already placed a deposit on the Ryndam Premier cruise for sometime in the spring of 2021 ( May ??)  with a possible itinerary of going from Rome to Amsterdam booked on board the Koningsdam . Noting is official yet but I was told bookings will be opening up soon on line .

Tony :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, another monster they can't fill...

You're living in the past, the Ryndam is no way a monster at 99,000 tons and and it's below the new normal. Oasis and Allure at 225,000 tons and 6200 guests, they are monsters. If the customers want reasonable pricing this is the way they have to go. The only other choice is to become a boutique cruise line with applicable pricing (i.e. Oceania, Regent, Viking). 

DW and I would not consider going on ship that's over 20+ years old with all its problems and I think we're the upper end of the target audience HAL needs in order to survive (young 60's). I applaud this new ship. We're going on Koningsdam in January.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NordicPrince said:

You're living in the past, the Ryndam is no way a monster at 99,000 tons and and it's below the new normal. Oasis and Allure at 225,000 tons and 6200 guests, they are monsters. If the customers want reasonable pricing this is the way they have to go. The only other choice is to become a boutique cruise line with applicable pricing (i.e. Oceania, Regent, Viking). 

DW and I would not consider going on ship that's over 20+ years old with all its problems and I think we're the upper end of the target audience HAL needs in order to survive (young 60's). I applaud this new ship. We're going on Koningsdam in January.

Well, you'll find out that the Koningsdam is the most disorganized ship in the fleet...

4 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

We have already placed a deposit on the Ryndam Premier cruise for sometime in the spring of 2021 ( May ??)  with a possible itinerary of going from Rome to Amsterdam 

That would be an unusual initial revenue cruise itinerary.  If so, that would indicate that the Ryndam's initial cruises were Baltic/Norwegian/Icelandic type cruises.  Then, maybe a Viking Passage type cruise to North America as has been sailed in the past on HAL ships.  I'd be interested, if so!

8 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Thank you for showing  @boze9999  , other pieces pre built for this ship are also on their way to Venice . The Bow section for instance is being pulled by tug boats from Palermo to Venice .

We have already placed a deposit on the Ryndam Premier cruise for sometime in the spring of 2021 ( May ??)  with a possible itinerary of going from Rome to Amsterdam booked on board the Koningsdam . Noting is official yet but I was told bookings will be opening up soon on line .

Tony :classic_biggrin:

We too are anxiously awaiting the news of the itinerary and the departure date Sailingdutchy!

11 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

7 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

That would be an unusual initial revenue cruise itinerary.  If so, that would indicate that the Ryndam's initial cruises were Baltic/Norwegian/Icelandic type cruises.  Then, maybe a Viking Passage type cruise to North America as has been sailed in the past on HAL ships.  I'd be interested, if so!

HAL has launched new ships in Norway/Baltics in past, so a Rome to Amsterdam pre-inuagural (with naming ceremony in Netherlands) is not out of the question.  After her summer season in the Norway/Baltics she most likely would reposition to Rome in the fall before doing a transatlantic to Ft. Lauderdale.  In essence she would potentially replace the itineraries Nieuw Standam is doing in 2020 and Nieuw Statendam might offer a full season of cruises to the Mediterranean from Rome (This is what happened with Nieuw Statendam and Konigsdam for 2019).