The Good Fairy Has Made A Very Special Appearance

1ANGELCAT

Sailing this Saturday on Nieuw Amsterdam. I had originally booked an inside guarantee and ar final payment did a paid upgrade to an outside guarantee when the price dropped.

About a month ago the price for a VH guarantee dropped to a good price so another paid upgrade. Last week I took an upsell offer for a SS at a great price and today the Fairy really outdid herself and I took the upsell offer to my 1st Neptune Suite ! 🍾🛳🍾🎇

I can’t wait to have the friends I’m sailing with find out.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, friendswithdave said:

Congrats on the upgrades!!!! We are seeking one for our Dec 15 sailing on the Koningsdam. Did your travel agent (or HAL) contact you about the SS upsell on Nov 25? I was hoping to hear today but have not (at least not yet). I may call my agent.

My agent called HAL to see if any upsell was available after I declined the CO offer . The Neptune offer today was an email to my agent 

1 hour ago, kazu said:

WOW!!!

You really scored 😄 

Good for you 🙂. Enjoy every moment of your Neptune Suite.

Well done!

Thanks Jacqui. I know I get breakfast in the PG, what other perks do I get? 
Do they still give a corsage for the 1st gala night? 
I can’t believe I did it 😃

1 minute ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Thanks Jacqui. I know I get breakfast in the PG, what other perks do I get? 
Do they still give a corsage for the 1st gala night? 
I can’t believe I did it 😃

Check the note in your cabin that gives you your concierge names - there will be reception at 7:30’ish with drinks and meet the concierges, suite passengers, etc.

Yes - to the corsage. It’s just a carnation, really. (Except on the Prinsendam 😉 ) You’ll get a note asking if you want one or not.  Tick yes and give it to the concierge.

Free laundry, pressing and drycleaning of course along with priority embarkation, disembark whenever you want and priority tendering.

Want hors’ d’hoeuvres?  Place the order the day before with your concierge by noon.

Want dinner delivered from the MDR?  The concierge can take care of it.

Your Elemis products are upgraded as is your pillow selection.  The stewards are usually top notch and if you want something every day, they want to know (ie. ice at 4 pm).

Concierge is like the front desk, reservations and shore excursions all rolled into one.  They can change bills, cash travellers cheques, make reservations for you (there’s usually a few spots saved for NS), and help with shore excursions.

They are basically your “go to” person.  Treat them with a smile and they normally bend over backwards for you.

Lots of munchies in the Neptune Lounge - continental for breakfast, small sandwiches and niceties at lunch and around 3 it switches to munchies for drinks, etc.

Get there early at 3’ish for the chocolates and/or cookies if you are so inclined.

The Coffee Machine in the NL is very good and the teas are the same as served in the PG.  I usually snatch one to take to the MDR for my tea 😉 

I’m sure I’ve forgotten something - but that’s what I thought of off the top of my head.

• Like 1

Add to Kazu's great list - If you do not see anything about the first night Neptune Welcome party, ask the conceirge about it - time and place.

You now get Club Orange perks (not sure what will apply to the NA passengers, except for a different menu at dinner (one extra entree).

There will be a coffee machine in your cabin.

Normally you will get a bottle of champagne from the Captain and Hotel Director.  I do not like the champagne, so I ask to exchange it for something else (in the Neptune Lounge), most often the house white wine or sometimes sodas/water.  Also get afi bottle of water (big).

Afternoon Tea daily upon request.

BEST PERK - Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  Great way to start your day.   OR, you can use room service with an expanded door hanging menu and free mimosas.

Definately have dinner one night on your spacious balcony - you can order off of the main dining room menu and the Conceirge will set it up.  Have a couple of your friends join you to really make them jealous!

I hope that covers it -- will add more if I think of something.

Edited by DaveOKC

From inside to NS!  Wow!  We always stayed in an inside because, as my husband said, "We can cruise two to three times a year or once every other year.  Your choice."  When faced with that choice, you know what I chose, an inside cabin every cruise.  It wasn't all bad, since we booked the largest ones.  However, I longed to stay in a balcony cabin just once.  When he became so sick with cancer, we knew we'd never cruise again, but the doctors started using another chemo treatment, which helped him to bounce back for about 6-7 months.  His doctor suggested that we take a cruise, so I investigated as soon as we got the physician's permission to travel.  

Imagine my shock when I looked online and found a cruise with a flash sale on Neptune Suites.  Truly heaven-sent.  I couldn't believe I was seeing correct prices, so I called Seattle immediately and one of the consultants confirmed those bargain basement prices weren't a mistake.  It was only $200 per person more than we'd paid for an inside.  We booked immediately.  It turned out to be our last cruise together, and that suite was magical.  My husband enjoyed it so much. 

After he died, I couldn't bear to go back to an inside, so I've booked a balcony, lanai, or outside.  It's been great, but nothing like that suite.  You will be so-o-o-o spoiled.  Enjoy it.  How nice for you, and I know this cruise will be very special because of that cabin with all its perks.  Now, I'm dreaming of a deal similar to yours.  Have a fabulous cruise and come back to tell us all about your experience in your Neptune Suite.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Sailing this Saturday on Nieuw Amsterdam. I had originally booked an inside guarantee and ar final payment did a paid upgrade to an outside guarantee when the price dropped.

About a month ago the price for a VH guarantee dropped to a good price so another paid upgrade. Last week I took an upsell offer for a SS at a great price and today the Fairy really outdid herself and I took the upsell offer to my 1st Neptune Suite ! 🍾🛳🍾🎇

I can’t wait to have the friends I’m sailing with find out.

What a wonderful treat for you!  I have had a one time experience similar to this going from a booked veranda to a Signature Suite to a Neptune Suite.  All upsells, but all at prices that were very reasonable.

4 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Have a fabulous cruise in the Neptune Suite, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is a  pleasant start to the day.

Certainly do!  I'd like to learn your impression of having breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  For me, it was too formal.  But, on the day of disembarkation, it was a very pleasant alternative to Room Service, MDR, or the Lido.

Good for you!  You will so enjoy the Neptune.  I once had similar good luck and through a series of upgrades and very affordable upsells went from a lowly obstructed ocean view and ended up with my first Neptune Suite.  And that was it - I was hooked, LOL.  Have a wonderful cruise.