Celebrity Tuscan Grille Special Menu

Shlee2TheSea

Hello all,

I am going on the celebrity summit starting Feb 8th and saw there was an option to book a dining reservation on Feb 14th (Valentine's day) at Tuscan Grille for $119pp.

Does anyone know what the menu entails, and what it includes for that amount?

Screenshot_20200114-081405.jpg

Very good question which I’d like to know the answer to because @Peter118 and I have an 8:30 reservation on Valentine’s Day on the Summit but for the regular $45 pp. I made the reservation quite a while ago and both $45 pp and $119 pp were available. I recently saw a post on CC that somebody else had a similar situation and Celebrity apparently didn’t realize it was Valentine’s Day and told them they needed to pay the $119 instead of $45 and I believe it was for the same menu. I did not get any notice yet but am prepared and will probably eat in the MDR that night if Celebrity is going to charge $119 pp simply because it’s 2/14. We already have reservations at Tuscan  for the first night at my birthday on 2/11.

Edited by njsweetie
Include tag
  • Like 2

boy...let this resonate...an additional $240 per couple to dine. Now don't get me wrong, we have dropped a couple hundred on dinner before but it at least included a bottle of wine. I do not know what could possibly be served to warrant this price tag. even a surf and turf will not justify this in my mind.

Better yet...it appears to be a mystery since they are not even indicating what the $240 will provide? At least the $45 (or $90 per couple) you know what your options are since the menu is on the app and documented numerous places. The $119pp is mind boggling in my opinion.

• Like 2

We were notified that our original reservation at Murano (on Equinox) would not be honored, that a special event meal was being held on Valentine's Day, and that we could switch to another night or pay to "upgrade" to this menu (at a price of $119pp).  My wife would hardly consider white chocolate anything an upgrade 😂  We changed nights!  Trying to attach the menu...

Murano Valentine's Menu.gif

Edited by KurtMo

For $119 per person?  Even if it were not a boring vanilla menu (which it is) there is no way that anything in a ship's dining room that is worth $240 over the MDR meal (which possibly also could be "special" because of Valentines Day).

People really do this?

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

We were notified that our original reservation at Murano (on Equinox) would not be honored, that a special event meal was being held on Valentine's Day, and that we could switch to another night or pay to "upgrade" to this menu (at a price of $119pp).  My wife would hardly consider white chocolate anything an upgrade 😂  We changed nights!  Trying to attach the menu...

well...they are out of their minds! $119pp for this menu. NO THANKS!

Appreciate you posting this.

thank you KurtMo

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yes many people do it.   The menu in many ways looks like the Chef's Table but IMO not as exciting.  I was booking a land based restaurant for Feb 14 and was informed they had a special menu which was about 3X the normal price.   I spoke with my feet and didn't book.

It may be more widely booked than you would imagine as fleet wide all of the ships are also offering a Vow Renewal.   The link is from last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7TzE2mBJMk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

For $119 per person?  Even if it were not a boring vanilla menu (which it is) there is no way that anything in a ship's dining room that is worth $240 over the MDR meal (which possibly also could be "special" because of Valentines Day).

People really do this?

My problem is that's its also my birthday on 14th Feb. I get so fed up with us having to pay high prices for mediocre meals and also restaurants throughout the country packed out with adoring couples,  red hearts decorations and balloons and red roses everywhere on my special day 😉😍. We usually end up eating in and celebrating another day. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, njsweetie said:

Very good question which I’d like to know the answer to because @Peter118 and I have an 8:30 reservation on Valentine’s Day on the Summit but for the regular $45 pp. I made the reservation quite a while ago and both $45 pp and $119 pp were available. I recently saw a post on CC that somebody else had a similar situation and Celebrity apparently didn’t realize it was Valentine’s Day and told them they needed to pay the $119 instead of $45 and I believe it was for the same menu. I did not get any notice yet but am prepared and will probably eat in the MDR that night if Celebrity is going to charge $119 pp simply because it’s 2/14. We already have reservations at Tuscan  for the first night at my birthday on 2/11.

Wow.  I think you got a great deal @ $45 pp.   Their loss, your gain.

Enjoy your special meal!

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1

That "special" menu is not even as good as the regular Tuscan menu in my opinion. The chateaubriand is about the same as two filets. And no pastas or big selection of apps and sides!  Luckily we have a rather tiring excursion in Cartegena that day and so will dine at leisure in the OVC! 

4 hours ago, KurtMo said:

These are just dishes from Murano's regular menu, arranged into three courses instead of the usual two. Given that they will serve you three courses if you ask on any given night, it's pretty brazen of them to double the price for this "special" menu. Then again, it is a holiday, and many people are probably willing to pay extra for it, so...

Paying a premium and everyone has to have the same meal - is the chef having a night off? 

Shared Chateaubriand can be a problem for a couple if they like their steaks done differently 

Edited by DYKWIA

Welp, just as predicted I received the email from Celebrity this afternoon. Here it is. Same menu as Murano. We planned and paid for this 2 month’s ago at $45 pp (cancelled and rebooked at $40 pp during a sale). Not very friendly of Celebrity. We should all get on the phone and complain. We will be dining in the MDR that night which is fine by me. We have reservations at Tuscan Grille two other nights of our cruise but this certainly has put a bad taste in my mouth. I’m sure there’s something in the ‘fine print’ that they can change on us but not very good guest relations nonetheless.

AD4072F6-C322-4F6F-9BF6-F0F928778E22.png

F80247F3-923D-4A06-8A9E-D9C84ED89B12.png

03737316-729A-4BC4-9F74-DD82E7A77472.png

9F0B6F7B-5EA3-44AC-B70D-EF71A4729DA1.png

10 minutes ago, njsweetie said:

Welp, just as predicted I received the email from Celebrity this afternoon. Here it is. Same menu as Murano. We planned and paid for this 2 month’s ago at $45 pp (cancelled and rebooked at $40 pp during a sale). Not very friendly of Celebrity. We should all get on the phone and complain. We will be dining in the MDR that night which is fine by me. We have reservations at Tuscan Grille two other nights of our cruise but this certainly has put a bad taste in my mouth. I’m sure there’s something in the ‘fine print’ that they can change on us but not very good guest relations nonetheless.

At least we will get more than a three course meal and 4+ times the choices for each course in the MDR 🤪🐷

Edited by Shlee2TheSea
  • Like 2

cancelled our reservation...Celebrity offered nothing. I was told that this was "normal" for Tuscan and Murano that these restaurants have something "very special" on the menu for that evening.

WHAT!!!!!! You call this menu "special"??? OMG...It's lame. Were we born yesterday? 

Oh well...too rich for my blood. create a menu worth 240 bucks and you may have me at "hello"...but for now its "see ya".

Tempted to cancel all my specialty dining...

20 hours ago, sgmn said:

My problem is that's its also my birthday on 14th Feb. I get so fed up with us having to pay high prices for mediocre meals and also restaurants throughout the country packed out with adoring couples,  red hearts decorations and balloons and red roses everywhere on my special day 😉😍. We usually end up eating in and celebrating another day. 

Same for me.  Sailed on my birthday and went to Murano the next day. 
Also don’t go out for my birthday if on a weekend.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter118 said:

cancelled our reservation...Celebrity offered nothing. I was told that this was "normal" for Tuscan and Murano that these restaurants have something "very special" on the menu for that evening.

WHAT!!!!!! You call this menu "special"??? OMG...It's lame. Were we born yesterday? 

Oh well...too rich for my blood. create a menu worth 240 bucks and you may have me at "hello"...but for now its "see ya".

Tempted to cancel all my specialty dining...

Peter118 - Did you Call Celebrity about this issue?  

If if you read the link in Post 19, KurtMo had the same problem in Murano and the customer service rep refunded his payment, booked him on a different night PLUS gave him OBC to cover the cost of his dinner on the new night. He basically got a free dinner. This was totally Celebrities error by not recognizing February 14 was Valentines Day. It happens on the same day every year. Changing this a month before your cruise is not acceptable. Give it a try and use his experience and resolution in your “argument “.  Good Luck

Edited by RICCruisers

On 1/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, KurtMo said:

$119 is absolutely crazy, IMO.  You can dine at a fine restaurant on land for this.  While I do think Celebrity has decent food compared to other mass lines, it's still not the same as dining in our nicest restaurants in our home city. 

Also, these items are on Murano's regular menu.  You can have them any night you dine there for less than half that cost.  Even less if you done the first night or get a discount onboard.

10 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Peter118 - Did you Call Celebrity about this issue?  

If if you read the link in Post 19, KurtMo had the same problem in Murano and the customer service rep refunded his payment, booked him on a different night PLUS gave him OBC to cover the cost of his dinner on the new night. He basically got a free dinner. This was totally Celebrities error by not recognizing February 14 was Valentines Day. It happens on the same day every year. Changing this a month before your cruise is not acceptable. Give it a try and use his experience and resolution in your “argument “.  Good Luck

Yes called Celebrity. Made opinion known and was not offered anything nor did I care. I canceled. 

but... I believe there is a new email that now says “we are sorry”. It was a mistake and they have retracted their demands. Lol. 

will update here if this is true. 

Celebrity has listened and has done the correct thing in my opinion. 

I need to clarify the menu for that evening as I am not a fan of what they were advertising. 

Dear Valued Guest, 

You may have received an email from Celebrity Cruises yesterday advising you on a change to your Specialty Dining Reservation.   

There is no change to your original Specialty Dining Reservation for February 14, 2020 and there is no action necessary. 

We apologize for any confusion this has caused. 

We look forward to welcoming you on board for your Valentine’s Day Sailing. 

Celebrity Cruises 

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions
Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus
CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com
Fax (305)603-0045

Edited by Peter118