Toddler Death Law Suit Update

2 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@Midwestgal I didn't mean to be condescending. I simply thought based on your final comment about angles that you thought he wasn't to blame.

Not at all .  There’s nobody to blame but him period . Some photos it looks like you can just stick your head out the window , others you really can’t easily if at all. 

All good here😊

Edited by Midwestgal
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KelSny1011 said:

I'm hoping when the jury is selected that some of them have cruised before.  😏

Doesn't the prosecutor give approval for half the jurors and the defense gets to approve the other half. I would assume the defense is smart enough to want jurors who have experienced being on a cruise ship.

25 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Doesn't the prosecutor give approval for half the jurors and the defense gets to approve the other half. I would assume the defense is smart enough to want jurors who have experienced being on a cruise ship.

Normally each side gets a set number of rejections. When they are used up, you’re stuck with whoever is left, to fill the jury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodgem said:

I would have thought that any officer when on duty would have to give consent if their picture is to be used by a third party (not RCI).

Why would you think that? And how do you know the officer was on duty?

I'm sure people take pictures all the time of officers while on duty. I doubt the officers give their permission.

Edited by time4u2go

2 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

I would have thought that any officer when on duty would have to give consent if their picture is to be used by a third party (not RCI).

The officer is nobody special, whether "on duty" or not. 

When in a public place, there is no expectation of privacy, so no permission is needed to take photos or publish them.  

Just like everyone who posts a picture at the beach, or on the Promenade or pool deck of a cruise ship, or at a parade.... public means not private.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, brillohead said:

When in a public place, there is no expectation of privacy, so no permission is needed to take photos or publish them.  

Just like everyone who posts a picture at the beach, or on the Promenade or pool deck of a cruise ship, or at a parade.... public means not private.

Exactly.  Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Normally each side gets a set number of rejections. When they are used up, you’re stuck with whoever is left, to fill the jury.

There are two types of challenges each side may use to exclude jurors: challenge for cause and peremptory challenge. The number of challenges for cause available to the attorneys is unlimited but are subject to concurrence by the judge. The number of peremptory challenges without giving a reason is limited by statute.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

There are two types of challenges each side may use to exclude jurors: challenge for cause and peremptory challenge. The number of challenges for cause available to the attorneys is unlimited but are subject to concurrence by the judge. The number of peremptory challenges without giving a reason is limited by statute.

I'm curious...are rules (laws?) like this the same for all states and territories (like Puerto Rico)?

6 hours ago, rusty nut said:

Were his actions malicious, ore merely a tragic accident? Ask yourself this; We now know that it's crystal clear that Anello Knew the window was open. I mean, it's clear, beyond any shadow of a doubt, simply by viewing the video. So, knowing the window was open, why would he lie? I can think of only one reason. 

I don’t believe his intentions were anything but innocent. I do believe he lacks in the between the ears area. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thank you for explaining

10 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

I've had jury duty a couple of times and seen the challenge rules work as you describe.  But do they work the same way for a civil case?  Does there even have to be a jury?

On 2/20/2020 at 9:53 AM, buddylover said:

Kind of harsh......have you paid for a funeral recently????  WAYYYY more than the cost of a cruise!

True.  People think a funeral is so inexpensive.  In fact, it is very expensive.  One could definitely afford a cruise more easily than a funeral. 

6 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

True.  People think a funeral is so inexpensive.  In fact, it is very expensive.

They can be almost as expensive as a wedding, and some might say they are the same thing. 😉

We have friends that own 4 funeral homes and they have since opened a cost effective cremation service. They know that not all want to, or can afford to pay the steep costs that come with passing. 

On 2/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, JennyB1977 said:

What about Life Insurance? Do folks not carry that as a matter of routine? I make sure that my coverage is enough to payoff anything outstanding and about $20K for funeral costs. Currently my minimum payout is way more than I would need but that is just how it's set up (I can't choose less LOL)

I"m not sure how many people get life insurance on their kids, much less a toddler. 

24 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I"m not sure how many people get life insurance on their kids, much less a toddler. 

Most don’t, it’s not recommended. If anything, put money into an account earning interest that can be used for anything in the case of a tragedy. It’s a big cost but folks are still young if they are losing a young child and have time to recoup the cost. And especially in this go fund me age, most of the time, friends and family are glad to contribute.

He is not a step-grandfather. He is the boyfriend 51 years old on G'ma. Her mom is 40.

The whole thing is nuts. RCCL will not lose a penny.  They never do. So glad when this

post goes away! Getting on the ship in one hour in Tampa! Yay!

We're the bliss.thumb.jpg.9151a229f358c9b14dc1cfeb685df5d6.jpgMoore's

Tampa Bay

24 minutes ago, eddeb said:

He is not a step-grandfather. He is the boyfriend 51 years old on G'ma. Her mom is 40.

The whole thing is nuts. RCCL will not lose a penny.  They never do. So glad when this

We're the bliss.thumb.jpg.9151a229f358c9b14dc1cfeb685df5d6.jpgMoore's

Tampa Bay

Haven't seen it myself but my wife tells me he and grandma married since the incident.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, trey420 said:

Something I wonder, is that window still open, or permanently sealed?

I will be on Freedom for her first sailing since amplification, March 8. I’ll go by there to see. I’m betting it will still open. 

Edited by MalteseMama2
Add date

Just now, MalteseMama2 said:

I will be on Freedom for her first sailing since amplification. I’ll go by there to see. I’m betting it will still open. 

Could you also confirm how far the window actually is from the H2O-Zone?  We'll be on Freedom again in April, 2021, but a lot can change before then.  As I recall it's a good 30 feet but my memory hasn't been so good lately - or is it ever? I forget.

46 minutes ago, eddeb said:

Not so sure about that.  I have to think that there have been settlements in the past where they paid something.

• Like 3

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

Could you also confirm how far the window actually is from the H2O-Zone?  We'll be on Freedom again in April, 2021, but a lot can change before then.  As I recall it's a good 30 feet but my memory hasn't been so good lately - or is it ever? I forget.

I’ll do my best.