New England/Canada Cruse/Newark/Royal Carib

mcascade

The better place for your research would be the Royal Caribbean board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

You might want to define what you want to know. "Nice" is sort of a vague term. Also, it may be the first time that ship has run that route, so the comparison might be to another ship in the RCI fleet. "Fall Colors" cruises can be very popular.

@mcascade

Howdy! emo22.gif 

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍 

Since your thread concerns a specific cruise line ship & itinerary, I have moved your thread to the Royal Caribbean Internationaloyal forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Anthem frequent that forum and will provide you feedback there.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Just did the same cruise, same ship, 9 nights, this past October 2019. We sailed on the 10th, so a bit earlier than what you’re interested in. Unfortunately, our weather was far from the best, lots of gray days, on and off rain, temps pretty cool, but there’s no guarantees.  If you’re familiar with Anthem OTS, you probably know that the entertainment is better than most, much like the Oasis class. 

I did pretty much the same cruise over 10 years ago on the Jewel OTS, but round trip out of Boston. We sailed around the 26th of September, had gorgeous weather, but there was just the hint of the colors changing. 

Fortunately, I cruise mostly just to enjoy the ship, the entertainment and the food, all while being on the ocean, my most favorite place to be, although cruising in warmer climes does appeal to me, to be able to enjoy the balcony. 

If if you have any specific questions, ask away! 😊

Ellen

Mcascade,

This cruise I call "Endless Lobsters".  Wife and I did it once and will do again.  Fresh Lobsters are served in every port therefore; we feasted on Lobsters at all port of call.  Lobster was on the menu during Captain's Night and of course I ordered Lobster.  That may have been the last RCI served lobsters in MDR.  Of course, Lobster is still in the menu for a fee.  If you love lobsters you chose the right cruise.  

Born-To-Cruise (Diamond)
Past Cruises: 13-RCI, 3-Carnival, 1-Celebrity and 1-NCL
(funds permitting, always looking forward to great cruises)

Future Cruise:  3 booked.  New England/Canada is one.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:32 AM, lenquixote66 said:

Personally if I do a New England/Canada cruise it must include Quebec City.We did that a few years ago on Celebrity and it was great

Is this round trip or you have to fly back from Quebec City.

Edited by nelblu

On 1/27/2020 at 9:32 AM, lenquixote66 said:

Personally if I do a New England/Canada cruise it must include Quebec City.We did that a few years ago on Celebrity and it was great

Have done both 9 night Royal and 14 night Celebrity.  Vastly preferred Celebrity itinerary because of the overnight in Quebec.  Also, smaller ship so easier on/off.

On Anthem you can go anywhere due to her design.

However as a person who lives in New England and sailed to NE/Canada numerous times I can say

- Foliage season dates are not set in stone

- Weather at the end of October is unpredictable (could be colder but sunny, could be rainy or snowy)

I would take this cruise as 8162378 cruise to these places (we did several roundtrips from Boston , NY, NJ) as well as one ways to Montreal so all ports are covered more than once. If it is one and only cruise planned to there I would go maximum by the end of September and skip foliage... There are other amazing things to see there aside from it which I wouldn't want to skip due to cold and rainy weather (rain still can happen)

On 1/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, Baron Barracuda said:

Have done both 9 night Royal and 14 night Celebrity.  Vastly preferred Celebrity itinerary because of the overnight in Quebec.  Also, smaller ship so easier on/off.

A B2B on the Adventure:  Cape Liberty to Quebec / Quebec to Cape Liberty provided three days in Quebec. 🙂