Denied boarding

erllje

Nearly all of the cancelled cruises in the Asia region are offering full reimbursement plus 100% FCC. And this for a whole ship load of passengers. You would think Celebrity X could have done the same thing for the few passengers who couldn't board the OP's cruise🙄.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ducklite said:

The only time I got the flu I had had the vax.  Big pharma not going to pull that one over on me again.  

Did you get a full-blown case? Man, that's terrible.

I've gotten flu-like syptoms twice in the many years I've had a flu vaccine, they lasted less than twenty-four hours each time. I believe it was direct result of the vaccine as my body developed antibodies..

I had a full-blown case of flu one year that lasted about a week and I was miserable during that time. That was before I started getting an annual vaccination.

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Nearly all of the cancelled cruises in the Asia region are offering full reimbursement plus 100% FCC. And this for a whole ship load of passengers. You would think Celebrity X could have done the same thing for the few passengers who couldn't board the OP's cruise🙄.

Exactly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Underwatr said:

What insurance do you have that doesn't cover a flu shot? ACA requires it be covered, although insurers can dictate where you have to go for it.

And also your county health department may at time offer free flu shots.

10 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Did you get a full-blown case? Man, that's terrible.

I've gotten flu-like syptoms twice in the many years I've had a flu vaccine, they lasted less than twenty-four hours each time. I believe it was direct result of the vaccine as my body developed antibodies..

I had a full-blown case of flu one year that lasted about a week and I was miserable during that time. That was before I started getting an annual vaccination.

Yes, full blown flu, 103 fever and felt like Tyson had pummeled me for nine rounds.  They needed a positive flu test before they could prescribe Tamiflu, and they definitely got a positive result.

12 hours ago, Underwatr said:

What insurance do you have that doesn't cover a flu shot? ACA requires it be covered, although insurers can dictate where you have to go for it.

It would take about 90 minutes out of my work day, which means I'd have to take a half day vacation.

2 hours ago, ducklite said:

It would take about 90 minutes out of my work day, which means I'd have to take a half day vacation.

So, you work 3 hours a day then? Guess you don't get a lunch break? Couldn't stop before/after work in the other 21 hours of your day. You making excuses that don't hold up to any scrutiny.

Look, if you don't want to get a flu shot, don't get a flu shot. It doesn't matter to me (though it might to your co-workers and family); but you are giving flimsy excuses, not good solid reasons. Yes, I can often get a flu shot at work while I'm working. But I'm not always working on the day/time they give the flu shots and have never found it excessively burdensome or time consuming to stop by the pharmacy for 15 minutes and get one while running errands or on my way too/from work.  I doubt you would either. 

Edited by sanger727

5 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

So, you work 3 hours a day then? Guess you don't get a lunch break? Couldn't stop before/after work in the other 21 hours of your day. You making excuses that don't hold up to any scrutiny.

Look, if you don't want to get a flu shot, don't get a flu shot. It doesn't matter to me (though it might to your co-workers and family); but you are giving flimsy excuses, not good solid reasons. Yes, I can often get a flu shot at work while I'm working. But I'm not always working on the day/time they give the flu shots and have never found it excessively burdensome or time consuming to stop by the pharmacy for 15 minutes and get one while running errands or on my way too/from work.  I doubt you would either. 

Many employers recognize the value and dispense flu shots on site.  Anyway, I agree flu shots are readily available and there is no need to take more than a couple minutes out of a normal routine to get one.   

35 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

No, I actually work about 10 hours a day.  I don't typically take a lunch break, I work through lunch.  I have a very defied time frame in which I can successfully do my job.  If I need to take time off during that time frame, I have to take a half day vacation.  

I work from home so my coworkers (most of whom also work from home) could care less.  My husband gets a flu shot--his employer offers a clinic a few times each fall.  A couple years ago I stopped into the local CVS and was told it would be a two hour wait because they are chronically understaffed and there were others waiting in front of me and prescriptions had to take priority.  Last year it was the same thing.  So I gave up.  Between the inconvenience and the fact that I got the flu after having the flu shot, I don't see the point of even trying. 

It's a huge scam by big pharma who try to fearmonger so they can profit.  Bring the efficacy to >80% and I"ll bother getting the vax.  Until then, I'm not going to line big pharma's pockets by getting a vaccine that has been less than 50% effective eon average in the past 10 years.

9 minutes ago, ducklite said:

It's a huge scam by big pharma who try to fearmonger so they can profit.  Bring the efficacy to >80% and I"ll bother getting the vax.  Until then, I'm not going to line big pharma's pockets by getting a vaccine that has been less than 50% effective eon average in the past 10 years.

Have you notified CDC that their scientists are all wrong?  Or, maybe they have been paid off by big pharma too.  

Let me guess, you read this flu shot scam theory somewhere on the internet.   😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Have you notified CDC that their scientists are all wrong?  Or, maybe they have been paid off by big pharma too.  

Let me guess, you read this flu shot scam theory somewhere on the internet.   😁

I got the efficacy information from the CDC's web site.  They haven't paid off big pharma, but there are a lot of indicators that big pharma controls much of the CDC.  

I am not anti-vax--for vaccines that have a reasonable success rate.  DPT, MMR, Hep A, etc.  I'm not wasting time or money on a vaccine that has had a less than 44% ten year average effectiveness rate--and markedly declining since the 2015-16 season--last year was only 29% effective. 

Edited by ducklite

1 hour ago, ducklite said:

You should actually follow the money and read the CDC's web site.  It will be rather eye-opening.

Aw Ducklite, I would rather spend my time getting a flu shot.  Even at 30% I'm better off.   I'll stick with the rec's made by my Doc and the CDC.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Aw Ducklite, I would rather spend my time getting a flu shot.  Even at 30% I'm better off.   I'll stick with the rec's made by my Doc and the CDC.  

Me too.

It’s hard to call protecting greater than even 40% a scam.

And someone who got treated on day one of the flu cannot claim “full blown” flu because they have absolutely no way of knowing how long their symptoms would have lasted. I don’t know if the % efficacy figures even include all those with lessened symptoms due to vaccine.

When one of the largest medical institutions in the world requires their employees to be vaccinated, and provides it free of cost, I hardly think it is a scam.

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

Me too.

It’s hard to call protecting greater than even 40% a scam.

And someone who got treated on day one of the flu cannot claim “full blown” flu because they have absolutely no way of knowing how long their symptoms would have lasted. I don’t know if the % efficacy figures even include all those with lessened symptoms due to vaccine.

When one of the largest medical institutions in the world requires their employees to be vaccinated, and provides it free of cost, I hardly think it is a scam.

I was sick with it for three days before I went to the doctor.  Even with Tamiflu I was still flat on my back for two more days.  

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

This thread has gone completely off topic😜 but I guess if people are going to discuss flu shots it should be remembered it takes two week for the flu vaccince to be fully effective after administration. In those two weeks you are still vulnerable to the flu.

When To Get The Flu Shot

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story. 😂

On 2/10/2020 at 4:10 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

Another person who does not understand the concept.  A clue:  war is, within the meaning of the term, an act of god.  Which is caused by people.  But still in legal parlance it's an act of god.

In what law school did you learn this? I am pretty sure 99.99% of us practice, or practiced, law where Act of God was specifically defined as a natural event (often disaster or catastrophe) that is not associated with human activity or intervention.

Are they teaching something else and I just never heard it?

Unless people stop with this act of god nonsense insurance companies will continue to use it as an excuse not to pay out. And they do. A lot.

I suffered this 10 years ago and others are suffering now.

I dont recognise god. Thats the first thing. Any god.

And I lived on a flood plain for 10 years and my insurance company happily insured me. Until it flooded.

Then suddenly my insurance was invalid because it flooded. Didnt bother them taking my premiums for 10 years though. And no. There was nothing in the small print. Hence why I won eventually.

We had huge levels of rainfall. The worst ever recorded. Bridges collapsed etc.

Suddenly the term act of god was thrown at us all.

I told them there was no god. How can it be an act of something that doesn't exist?  I despise the term. And refuse to recognise it. 

If you live in an area suspectible to hurricanes and your insurance company insures your property. They can say it's an act of god when a hurricane occurs.

It's more an act of gross stupidity on their part.