New Princess Plus Fares Coming - Includes Bev Pkg, Grats, WiFi!

idahospud

The fine print disclaimer says “only available on cruises/voyages indicated as Princess Plus” so I guess they call the shots. But the flier says “all destinations”.  You can find a lot of the info at book.princess.com which is where they have a lot of their travel agent information (but it’s a publicly available website, there is no login or anything). 

I just ran sample bookings of Saver and Plus prices for the sam 7 day Alaska r/t from Seattle using 2 passengers in the lowest balcony room.  Disclaimer - My math isn't always spot on, so please don't rip me apart.  

Saver was $4470

Plus was $5030 ($560 more)

On the Saver fare, gratuity was $101.50 ea, and internet is usually $70 in advance.  That comes come to $273 total for both passengers (sharing 1 internet package).  That's just $287 less than the Plus price.  

The Premier Coffee & Soda package on this example is $165 each, the Classic Soda Package is $82 each.  

So it looks like if you use any paid internet and want any beverages higher than the classic soda package or coffee cards the Plus is a better deal.  

$ 287 / 2 = $ 143.50 / 7 days = $ 20.50 pp pd for the complete PBP which includes the coffee, soda, WATERS, and 15 alcoholic drinks per person, per day

an outstanding deal in our opinion - as the PBP as a stand alone is $ 70 pp pd

• Like 1

The Princess Plus Fares are pretty much the same as the BSE with a few differences:

1. Deposits under the Princess Plus Fares have increased. $100pp for 3-6 day voyages, $200pp for 7-12 day, $400pp for 13+ day, and 30% for World Cruises. Only guests #1 and #2 pay the deposit and there are still both refundable and nonrefundable options. 

2. Unlike BSE, Princess Plus Fares apply to Grand Voyages and World Cruises. 

3. There is no expiration date for the Princess Plus Fares. They may occasionally offer OBC options and reduced deposit options, but the fare option is here to stay. (At least according to the direct-from-Princess training I had today.)

on a 'new booking' do you have the option to book at base fare, then do an 'add-on' , say like BEST2DG , if you just want to use your 'free' status minutes ,  or just buy one unlimited package once on-board ?

new bookings

3 hours ago, sibylcoe said:

Can anyone tell me where this information came from because Princess said it was not applicable to my world cruise.

The beverage package has never been offered on World Cruises. We were booked for (but later cancelled) a 49 day cruise around South America. They wouldn't allow the beverage package. I re-booked as 3 segments (same cruise) and they allowed the beverage package on all three segments. Anything over a certain number of days is disallowed.

52 minutes ago, voljeep said:

on a 'new booking' do you have the option to book at base fare, then do an 'add-on' , say like BEST2DG , if you just want to use your 'free' status minutes ,  or just buy one unlimited package once on-board ?

new bookings

They still have the add-on codes, but it does say in the literature us TAs received that the codes are intended for bookings made either prior to this being available (BEST3) or for bookings that already have one amenity and the client wishes to take the other two. I'm guessing it would still work if you only wanted drinks and grats, but it seems like the codes are not really intended for an "opt out".....

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They still have the add-on codes, but it does say in the literature us TAs received that the codes are intended for bookings made either prior to this being available (BEST3) or for bookings that already have one amenity and the client wishes to take the other two. I'm guessing it would still work if you only wanted drinks and grats, but it seems like the codes are not really intended for an "opt out".....

thanks - looks like you 'might' want to do a courtesy hold at base price, then try to 'add-on' the desired 2 'perks' … and see if that works

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

thanks - looks like you 'might' want to do a courtesy hold at base price, then try to 'add-on' the desired 2 'perks' … and see if that works

It works in Polar - it's not that it can't be done. It's more that it's not what it was intended for. This is from the TA info:

"Note that the BEST2DG, BEST2DW, and BEST2WG are only intended for guests who have already booked under a prior sale which offered one of the Princess Plus amenities in order to give them the other two they were missing."

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It works in Polar - it's not that it can't be done. It's more that it's not what it was intended for. This is from the TA info:

"Note that the BEST2DG, BEST2DW, and BEST2WG are only intended for guests who have already booked under a prior sale which offered one of the Princess Plus amenities in order to give them the other two they were missing."

Perfect ... so Princess 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Wubba said:

I just ran sample bookings of Saver and Plus prices for the sam 7 day Alaska r/t from Seattle using 2 passengers in the lowest balcony room. Saver was $4470 Plus was $5030 ($560 more)

On Princess site FAQ regarding Princess Plus states :

'Is a fare only option still available?
YES. Our fare only option still remains available to all guests and all cruises, called Princess Savers fare. Having two different fares allows our guests to choose the best fare options for them: Best Value with our Princess Plus fare adds $95 of value per day for only $40 or Best Price with our Princess Savers fare.'

See last part 'of value per day for only $40' agrees with you calculation $560 / 7 / 2 = $40. So it seems Plus will always be $40 pp pd. Checking two saved cruises Plus OV cost $42 and Balc $44. Canada New England was $40 pp pd for OV and Balcony. I guess this makes spreadsheets easier 🙂

Edited by Tedferg
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, idahospud said:

The Princess Plus Fares are pretty much the same as the BSE with a few differences:

1. Deposits under the Princess Plus Fares have increased. $100pp for 3-6 day voyages, $200pp for 7-12 day, $400pp for 13+ day, and 30% for World Cruises. Only guests #1 and #2 pay the deposit and there are still both refundable and nonrefundable options. 

2. Unlike BSE, Princess Plus Fares apply to Grand Voyages and World Cruises. 

3. There is no expiration date for the Princess Plus Fares. They may occasionally offer OBC options and reduced deposit options, but the fare option is here to stay. (At least according to the direct-from-Princess training I had today.)

Yes I noticed that there is no expiration date for Princess Plus fares like the promos. But they will still be offering promos I hope? As in the Landmark, and the (best in my opinion) Three for Free? Please tell me they aren't doing away with the traditional promos...

Update: Just looked at 4 Day SFO - Van and Plus is $47 Balcony $54 over Saver. Still a great deal but not the rigid $40 pp pd that FAQ stated.

Ceilidh1 does this not work for new bookings ? You implied POlar allows booking Saver Fare and add BEST2DG 'though this was not what it was intended for'. Since Wi Fi has no value to us BEST2DG $30 on Saver would be the only way to beat PLus pricing. Even then it is just $10 pp pd.

A few weeks ago we paid $850 for an interior.  This is for the Caribbean Princess, 14 night, southern caribbean on April 4, 2020.

Now the "Princess Plus" is $1909 and the "Princess Savers" is $1349 for this same cruise.

$2118 (the difference for two people) for the three gifts is not for us, especially since we get free wifi and free drinks anyway, as Elite level guests, although not unlimited.

Edited by Tagsalong

6 hours ago, richsea said:

Consider yourself lucky. I guess timing is everything. It has been about three years since I’ve found a comparable Celebrity sailing whose fare can beat what I can find with Princess, with or without perks.

I have been getting a lot of last minute deals with Celebrity ever since they changed their pricing strategy. I haven't booked anything this year as life is getting in the way.

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been getting a lot of last minute deals with Celebrity ever since they changed their pricing strategy. I haven't booked anything this year as life is getting in the way.

Delete - Google answered my question 🙂

Edited by Tedferg

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Ceilidh1 does this not work for new bookings ? You implied POlar allows booking Saver Fare and add BEST2DG 'though this was not what it was intended for'. Since Wi Fi has no value to us BEST2DG $30 on Saver would be the only way to beat PLus pricing. Even then it is just $10 pp pd.

I think the ability to do this will depend entirely on who you speak to! Technically, no it isn't allowed per the terms of the promo. However, it CAN be done in Polar. Like everything Princess, if the first person says no call back and ask the next! I also have no use for internet but, honestly, if you are planning on buying the drink package anyway then it is a no-brainer to just add on the Princess Plus!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I think the ability to do this will depend entirely on who you speak to! Technically, no it isn't allowed per the terms of the promo. However, it CAN be done in Polar. Like everything Princess, if the first person says no call back and ask the next! I also have no use for internet but, honestly, if you are planning on buying the drink package anyway then it is a no-brainer to just add on the Princess Plus!

Agreed, it was mostly curiosity on my part. I thought Princess was moving to a new simpler price model and it seemed strange that BEST### add ons would still exist. No doubt there are prior bookings where it is useful.

Do not know if this has been mentioned it but the Plus fares include grats which means that grats are part of the fare price along with WiFi and PBP.  This is a great move by Princess as people will not have to go down to the customer desk and get in line in order to (sic) remove the grats from their cruise.  A big time saver for them.

We have always treated grats as part of crew pay and are happy to see them included in this fare.  Thanks, Princess.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Its a good deal.  Let's move on and have fun

This fare structure, along with the overall onboard experience, will make it more likely that Princess would be my primary choice when looking at cruises, provided that itineraries/dates are comparable with oth lines such as Celebrity, HAL, NCL and Royal. 

On 3/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, rocklinmom said:

Yes I noticed that there is no expiration date for Princess Plus fares like the promos. But they will still be offering promos I hope? As in the Landmark, and the (best in my opinion) Three for Free? Please tell me they aren't doing away with the traditional promos...

Good question. Guess we will have to wait until late summer to find out. Could be it will be savers' pricing and the three usually for free in the past) would be the add on at additional cost.

Also it will be interesting to see if the Sip n' Sail promotion is still offered this year.

My experience so far with two 2020 cruises I booked last fall under Three-for-Free is that both saver fares and CSE/Plus fares are higher than what I paid originally.

I just rebooked a European cruise yesterday. Moved from Oct 2021 to Oct 2020. I got the new package with WiFi,tips,beverage package plus the price was $2,000 less for same cabin.