New Princess Plus Fares Coming - Includes Bev Pkg, Grats, WiFi!

idahospud

This promotion was offered on the Coral Princess during our February 2020 cruise.  We weren't intending on booking another cruise on board, but this was too good a deal to pass up - so Alaska here we come again!

On 2/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, ano said:

But do they include the gratuities on the free drinks?  On a recent cruise, the gratuities on the "free" drinks cost us more than the drinks would have.

From the document in #1 "Princess Plus does not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services."

35 minutes ago, brisalta said:

From the document in #1 "Princess Plus does not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services."

I checked the flyer online to be sure that still shows and it does. Weird because that is contradictory to the large graphic just above the disclaimers:

image.png.821e4d300a9c6f8868f833c4c44ff3cd.png

The graphic is directly comparing the pricing and the left side clearly says "includes tips". The fine print below states a different thing which includes the quoted text from the prior post.

Edited by Thrak

44 minutes ago, brisalta said:

This likely means we would still pay gratuities on anything not included in the PBP, like drinks over $12, wine bottles, canned soda, etc.

11 minutes ago, smf81 said:

This likely means we would still pay gratuities on anything not included in the PBP, like drinks over $12, wine bottles, canned soda, etc.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! 😄

under the BSE and now Princess Plus the Premier Beverage package includes tips on the drinks covered under the package.  Any beverages purchased that are not included would incur the normal gratuity charge on top of the price of the drink.

5 hours ago, Coral said:

Before BSE came out, there was a promo to add to Sip and Sail advertised. The day it came out, it was removed. Those who had Sip and Sail had to re-fare to BSE, they couldn't add amenities. 

Thankfully - some friends I look out for, I suggested they re-fare from Sip and Sail to Cybersale and they saved $$$ and then was able to add Sip and Sale and Gratuities the next day. So it worked for them. But it takes someone crazy like me to think through that and look at prices.

Several of the recent postings indicate that Internet and gratuities can be added to a Sip and Sail booking for $25 a day.  Are you saying that this is no longer allowed?  I am not sure how I missed it.

Thanks

8 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Several of the recent postings indicate that Internet and gratuities can be added to a Sip and Sail booking for $25 a day.  Are you saying that this is no longer allowed?  I am not sure how I missed it.

Thanks

I am not sure. I probably didn't pay attention after the sale started.

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

I checked the flyer online to be sure that still shows and it does. Weird because that is contradictory to the large graphic just above the disclaimers:

The graphic is directly comparing the pricing and the left side clearly says "includes tips". The fine print below states a different thing which includes the quoted text from the prior post.

10 hours ago, brisalta said:

I interpret this to say that any tips on any bar charges are not included with Princess Plus.

In comparison, the Premier Beverage Package did.

Regardless of the Princess Plus pricing released today, the pricing on our cruises remained the same this morning. It will be interesting to see what the next 'sale' may offer. Hoping for tips and OBC that have more value to us.

6 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

I interpret this to say that any tips on any bar charges are not included with Princess Plus.

In comparison, the Premier Beverage Package did.

Regardless of the Princess Plus pricing released today, the pricing on our cruises remained the same this morning. It will be interesting to see what the next 'sale' may offer. Hoping for tips and OBC that have more value to us.

Yes, I see it that way as well but the graphic is making a direct comparison which is contradicted by the fine print. This leaves me with the choices of either deceptive advertising, incompetence, or error.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

They also lump in spa services and dining room wine accounts into the gratuity disclaimer which has nothing to do with Princess Plus further confusing the issue.

3 hours ago, ian441672 said:

What about us in the UK?! Are we left behind again, or are we included? I could only see about the 50 US states etc.

Princess have been offering the package for £35 on UK bookings for a while now.

Thanks for posting. This ended up being a no Brainer for me. When I booked I got OBC and Gratuities. Just called Princess and added Premium Beverage and WiFi for $350. I was planning on adding the coda and soda package and internet a la carte, which would have cost about $450. So I saved $100 AND got the Premium Beverage instead of just Premier Coffee and Soda. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brisalta said:

As someone else said, this probably implies items not covered by PBP. It state 'bar charges' there is no bar charge under PBP, right ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Princess have been offering the package for £35 on UK bookings for a while now.

Yes, under the Best. Sale. Ever. deal. This seems to be a new one taking over from this, coming to the US. Will they keep BSE for us or this new one? Hope we get something! 

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

As someone else said, this probably implies items not covered by PBP. It state 'bar charges' there is no bar charge under PBP, right ?

Now that I think about it the disclaimer is probably for the gratuity portion of the deal not the drink package. Those who follow CC all know that paid gratuity refers to the room steward and the wait staff. The bar gratuity is always additional. This explains why spa services and MDR wine accounts are added to the disclaimer. 

I just returned from a cruise on the Crown.  Loved the ship but as far as drink package - yuck.  Drinks had very little alcohol in them.  At most 1/2 of a shot.  If you like wine or beer it is a good deal.

Here is the full disclaimer.

General Terms (applicable to all portions of Princess Plus) – Available to legal residents of the 50 United States, DC, Canada, and Puerto Rico. One guest’s participation in Princess Plus may be dependent on the other guest in his/her stateroom’s participation in the Princess Plus, as determined by booking method. Princess Plus is contingent on ship capacity and only available on select voyages, while capacity lasts. Princess Plus and its parts are non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash at any point, and may not be combined with other offers or other onboard credits. Drinks, Wi-Fi, and Gratuities are only available on board the ship (not applicable to land portions of cruisetours), may only be used on a single voyage, and expire at the end of such voyage. Only available on cruises/voyages indicated as Princess Plus. Visit princess.com for additional terms, inclusions and restrictions. †Premier Beverage Package applies to guests booked in an interior stateroom or above. It is valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. Guests who are under 21 years of age at the time of sailing can still book Princess Plus, but will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package and will not receive any refund or otherwise for that portion of the Offer. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Bar tips are included in the package and value per day stated. ‡‡Wi-Fi included for one device per guest. Wi-Fi details will be delivered to the stateroom. All internet usage subject to Princess Cruises’ standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change with or without notice. ‡Gratuities valid on select items only and are in U.S. dollar amounts. Amount of gratuities paid on behalf of guest may vary based on stateroom type. This amount is paid on the behalf of guests (up to 4) in a stateroom only. Princess Plus does not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services. Deposit required for guests 1 and 2 is refundable. The amount of deposit varies according to the cruise length and stateroom type. Reference promotion code: NP*.Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom or other reasonable accommodations, please call 1.800.774.6237. ©2020, Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Ships of Bermudan and British registry

Just now, candy4040 said:

I just returned from a cruise on the Crown.  Loved the ship but as far as drink package - yuck.  Drinks had very little alcohol in them.  At most 1/2 of a shot.  If you like wine or beer it is a good deal.

That's has always been the case for mixed drinks.  I order cocktails that are primarily alcohol like Martini's and Manhattans.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, Anubi said:

Just remember one very important thing about this.  If they weren't making money they wouldn't be doing it.  Its all about the bottom line...its never in your favour.   

Anubi, 

You got that right. It’s always about the MONEY!!!

Tony

13 hours ago, ian441672 said:

Yes, under the Best. Sale. Ever. deal. This seems to be a new one taking over from this, coming to the US. Will they keep BSE for us or this new one? Hope we get something! 

Cannot think what more to expect. Unusually but we seem to have had the offer in the UK before the US we can book a normal fare or for £35 per day extra get drinks package, wi-fi and gratuities dont think there is anything more on the US offer.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:55 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Thanks,  I did price out a cruise during this promotion and  as it turned out Celebrity worked out better per day with their pick your perk program.  

Consider yourself lucky. I guess timing is everything. It has been about three years since I’ve found a comparable Celebrity sailing whose fare can beat what I can find with Princess, with or without perks.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, idahospud said:

This fare, which starts March 2, 2020, has everything that made Best. Sale. Ever. so incredibly popular, meaning it includes drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities — and it’s here to stay! It’s available for every destination we sail, and even includes World Cruise and Grand Voyages. Of course, if your clients want the best fare and no perks, they can still book into our Princess Savers fares.

Can anyone tell me where this information came from because Princess said it was not applicable to my world cruise.

13 minutes ago, sibylcoe said:

Can anyone tell me where this information came from because Princess said it was not applicable to my world cruise.

It's on the Princess site right now. Try doing a dummy booking and see if your cruise is included.