Your best Princess Cruise moments (Anti-Coronavirus thread)

Steelers0854

With all that’s going on in other threads: discussion, panic, things in between, I thought it may be nice for a break and for us to focus on why we choose to cruise and why Princess makes cruising home for you.  Please leave the virus discussion to the dozens of other threads, lets focus on the wonderful bits of life here.

For me there is nothing better than a blended drink with an umbrella, no ringing phones, no responsibilities and the wonderful motion of the ocean making me sleep like a baby!

91006384-CCB4-4E0B-9BB6-935F9D98FC9E.thumb.jpeg.8f5836f966e282ea59329df74ba42cf0.jpeg

24743D12-159F-4BAA-9202-87CFC78C4FDA.thumb.jpeg.846a016f00fc293be2fba22bb380f206.jpeg

(Ok so that last one in in Puerto Rico pre-cruise, but close enough!)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Meeting Margaret and Dave and also meeting Theo and Anke. Cruise moments that keep on giving. Also stepping onto Sea Princess on our first cruise and being amazed and boggled. Watching dolphins play in the wake. The smiles I see on my wife's face.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Meeting Margaret and Dave and also meeting Theo and Anke. Cruise moments that keep on giving. Also stepping onto Sea Princess on our first cruise and being amazed and boggled. Watching dolphins play in the wake. The smiles I see on my wife's face.

I hope our paths will cross one day on a cruise (also would love to meet @Pam in CA and @PescadoAmarillo)!

Its hard to even explain, walking off that gangway onto the ship, its like a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders and you just take this big cleansing breath.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Its hard to even explain, walking off that gangway onto the ship, its like a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders and you just take this big cleansing breath.  

My favorite thing about cruising is how relaxed my husband is. At work, he was always meeting people on the worst day of their lives, and it was his job to try to make it better. At home, there is always something to be tended to. On RV vacations, there's always a concern of something breaking down, navigation, road hazards, etc.

On a ship, if something breaks, it's not his job to fix it. They certainly aren't going to let him drive. If there were a medical emergency, of course, he'd jump in, but would defer to ship staff or someone more qualified as soon as they arrived. Had I realized how chill Hubby would be cruising, I would have started doing it sooner. Don't get me wrong, he's not a super tense person by any stretch, he's just extremely relaxed on a cruise. Now that he's retired, we've got lots of cruises booked, and I'm really looking forward to them!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Steelers0854 said:

I hope our paths will cross one day on a cruise (also would love to meet @Pam in CA and @PescadoAmarillo)!

Thanks. 🙂 You never know. I’m cruising again next month and haven’t any plans to cancel. 

I agree with you about boarding the ship. Once I’m over the gangway, I’m in my “happy place.” Love being onboard a ship. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Couldn't say it better. 😎

• Like 3

Indeed, great thoughts everyone!  Sailing as a single, I love cruising!  I never feel alone, always meet great people.  Most times on my longer cruises, I run into people from previous cruises.  Last Fall on a Norway cruise, a server from Royal Princess previous Fall, was excited to see me, it was like old home week!  A good feeling! 🙂 

• Like 3

Two-week Baltic cruise on the Emerald with DD and DS and DH.  The "kids" both married soon afterwards, so this would be the last time our family of four could travel together as just the four of us.  Such a special and wonderful time.

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 3

- 35 nights on Sea Princess doing one of the twice yearly Hawaii/Tahiti cruises out of Sydney. I have never come home so relaxed as on tbat cruise.

- standing on our balcony at Kotor hearing the Love Boat theme played on the ship's horn and echoing back from the hills.

- our first cruise, a Christmas cruise on Sun Princess to Fiji in 2014, where we discovered the magic of being At Sea.

• Like 2

Walking into our first Princess Cruise, and being greeted by Jenni and Bond at Crooners like old friends....then becoming friends.[emoji3][emoji3] That feeling of coming home.

We love Jenni! We had the pleasure to do 2 cruises with her. She is a very special Princess employee. Top notch!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

My best cruise moment was seeing the end of a rainbow as we sailed passed it.  I saw where the rainbow went down into the ocean.  The end of the rainbow look like bubbling rainbow of colors. 🌈 The movement of the waves/water made it look that way.  We were not right on top of it, but pass by close enough to see it.

And no, there was no pot of gold!!🍀

• Like 1

I sailed on the original Pacific Princess in 1982 when I was in Junior high and a HUGE Love Boat fanatic! I loved everything about it! My photo album is loaded with pictures of the most magnificent and over the top buffet displays. I played shuffle board and ping pong. I remember having a full run of the ship while my parents hung out at the lounge. I even got to sleep in my own room and order room service. I even invited a boy back to my cabin. It was scandalous even though we didn't even kiss!  I was sure I was the most sophisticated 12 year old on the whole planet. 

Back then it was heavily Love Boat branded and I really loved it. I felt like I was in the show. They really did welcome each guest individually, even though it wasn't Gopher and Julie. Oh! and they let you throw confetti off the boat! 

I know that the cruise industry had to change like everything else, but jeez I miss the age of the midnight buffet and Acapulco lounge.  I have such a nostalgic smile on my face now. Thanks for this thread.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, geocruiser said:

And no, there was no pot of gold!!🍀

Of course there was. It's just that it was too heavy so it sank! 

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

Love to hear the words "Welcome aboard"

Also loved

*Hearing the ship's horn play the "Love Boat" theme song for the first time - Regal Princess

*Watching a gorgeous sunrise on a warm spring morning as we entered the Panama Canal -Coral Princess 

*Experiencing New Year's Eve on Royal Princess 2017' - best NYE ever!

*Early morning Irish Coffees on deck of Ruby Princess as we entered spectacular Glacier Bay - Alaska

*Encountering two most favorite Princess crew members(Rob & Ramel) again onboard four years later

*Having the Enclave on the Regal all to myself one evening...I could go on.

Cruising is my "happy place" too. Have sailed other lines - but am happier when sailing with Princess. 

Being filmed by a UK TV production company aboard Royal Princess and discovering we were included by my golf buddies when the series was eventually aired.The shock of them seeing us in the middle of the programme dancing was funny.

17 hours ago, MamaFej said:

My favorite thing about cruising is how relaxed my husband is. At work, he was always meeting people on the worst day of their lives, and it was his job to try to make it better. At home, there is always something to be tended to. On RV vacations, there's always a concern of something breaking down, navigation, road hazards, etc.

On a ship, if something breaks, it's not his job to fix it. They certainly aren't going to let him drive. If there were a medical emergency, of course, he'd jump in, but would defer to ship staff or someone more qualified as soon as they arrived. Had I realized how chill Hubby would be cruising, I would have started doing it sooner. Don't get me wrong, he's not a super tense person by any stretch, he's just extremely relaxed on a cruise. Now that he's retired, we've got lots of cruises booked, and I'm really looking forward to them!

My husband loves to tell people that on a cruise is the only time I sleep. I am type A personality and always fretting and fussing on shore. I get on the ship, have a tea and cookie and "nap" until dinner.

• Like 3