Will you book another cruise on Princess ?

jpj39

On 3/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, dog said:

I was very positive towards Princess until today. I am not sure they will follow through with the refunds & FCC, after talking with an agent today. Not impressed.

I feel the same way.  I canceled a cruise well prior to the full payment date.  They first made an error in the amount that they said I was due.  Spent over an hour on the phone getting that corrected.  The person I was talking with had no idea when the refund would actually be processed. Since this type of refund is exactly what their systems are set up to process automatically they cannot claim manual processing issues.

36 minutes ago, npcl said:

I feel the same way.  I canceled a cruise well prior to the full payment date.  They first made an error in the amount that they said I was due.  Spent over an hour on the phone getting that corrected.  The person I was talking with had no idea when the refund would actually be processed. Since this type of refund is exactly what their systems are set up to process automatically they cannot claim manual processing issues.

I am guessing that refunds won’t be coming until/ if/ when they are back to sailing. Also, staff could be off sick and they have inexperienced people answering phones. Just my guess because none of us really know, do we?

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and you 'know' this how ?

Because it was exactly the normal type of refund that you would get within 24 hours before this incident.  The kind that when a refund used to be delayed you could call up customer service, and while you are on the phone they could look it up and make comments like. "Oh I see it, but no one requested for it to be processed.  Just a minute.  Ok now it has been submitted" and then it have it hit your CC within 24 hours.

You know that kind of automation.  It was not for any of the cruises that were canceled under any kind of unique conditions.  It was a straight forward cancel before final date.  FCCS were back in my account within an hour.  My prepaid gratuities were refunded and hit my credit card the next day.  It has now been 15 business days  with no sign of the refund.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dog said:

I am guessing that refunds won’t be coming until/ if/ when they are back to sailing. Also, staff could be off sick and they have inexperienced people answering phones. Just my guess because none of us really know, do we?

When I was on the phone with them the person handling the call was not very familiar with their systems.  Not their normal job.  So she had difficulty in trying to figure out why their balance disagreed with what it should have been.  They finally were able to get that straightened out, but could not say how long it would take to process, she even checked with accounting and they would not give a date.

• Like 1

Just booked a Feb 2021 Princess Cruise. This is not a re-schedule or me trying to use FCC. I usually plan a year in advance so booking this cruise makes sense. So to answer the OP’s question, the answer is yes. 

Will we book Princess again?  To put my answer in context you should perhaps know we were on Grand for the February 21 sailing.  Yes, THAT sailing, the one that was extended by 4 days and included 6 days of cabin confinement.  The one that was followed by a 14 day quarantine at Travis.  That one.

Even with all that we are looking forward to the 3 Princess cruises we have booked in September, January '21 and October '21.  Our biggest questions are will these sailings go off as planned.  Would we put out new money to book something new today - not sure - we're waiting on a substantial refund for a cancelled April sailing - that alone might dissuade me from handing Princess more money.

In principle though, we're asking ourselves when more than whether.  Would I enjoy another stay at Travis - no way.  But do I expect we'll ever face a similar situation again, not likely.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Booked several weeks ago after our panama Canal cruise was cancelled. May 16 Caribbean Princess. Might not happen either. CDC say no cruising for 100 days unless the virus is lifted.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/us/2020/04/10/cdc-extends-no-sail-order-for-cruises-until-covid-19-pandemic-declared-over.html

On 3/15/2020 at 11:15 PM, kkmiausa said:

Only because we may have to or lose over $6000. But it would only be if they find a cure for the Covid 19 and if we live to take it.  My son who is 32 believes it will all blow over since only the old and immunosuppressed will die, while most people under 60 won't have much of a problem, more like a cold for a few days.   

Your son is wrong.  There have been many under 60, uncompromised, and have gotten very ill and died of Covid 19,  including children. And some over 90 have had the disease and lived.  They do not yet know enough about the disease to make these blanket statements.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, dog said:

I was very positive towards Princess until today. I am not sure they will follow through with the refunds & FCC, after talking with an agent today. Not impressed.

This is my thinking too.....if they stiff thousands of passengers and do not refund monies for cruises THEY CANCELED then I can see no reason supporting them as a company or wanting them to succeed as a business.....karma!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

This is my thinking too.....if they stiff thousands of passengers and do not refund monies for cruises THEY CANCELED then I can see no reason supporting them as a company or wanting them to succeed as a business.....karma!!!

From what I am hearing recently a few of us now have our FCC. It is the cash refunds that I have only seen 1 person on here say they received so far. 

We are booked for next Feb 2021... my sister husband died, so was looking on line for options for her to book, very surprised most cabins we would consider are already booked.... so would guess many cancelled and re booked for next year.

12 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

If we do not get our refund, we will not book another cruise with Princess!

I can't imagine anyone booking another cruise with Princess if they didn't get their refund. We have cruises booked in August and September. If we don't get our FCC and refund for the April 11 cruise that was cancelled before final payment is due on May 26 and June 6, then we will cancel. I'm not worried about that happening, but I certainly wouldn't give Princess any more money until they are caught up. 

• Like 1

We’re done with cruising. We have taken 6 cruises, 4 Mexico and 2 Hawaii and been sick 4 out of 6 times. Sometimes a 1-2 day “ bug” or a 3-4 day fever type thing.  Our last cruise on the Grand ( Nov 17-Dec 3 2019), my wife was sick all the way back from Hawaii to SFO....never left the room. Now please do not rush to judgement.

We wash our hands constantly, limit our trips to the Horizon Court ( if we go at all) and do not go to the big shows either. We prefer to find a quiet place, read a book and watch the ocean go by. Maybe it’s just us I’m not sure. We’re in our late 50’s and early 60’s. I always thought we were very proactive in our hand washing. I know it’s impossible to keep a ship totally clean, I was in the Navy for 24 years.

Ships are petri dishes and with thousands of cruisers from all over the world in various stages of health, with varying attitudes on hygiene all confined in a space. We debated this issue a lot on the way back from Hawaii - basically to cruise again or not and we still weren’t sure as we docked in SFO.

Before we disembarked we went to the Horizon Court to get a quick cup of coffee from that area with the hot water dispensers and those stacks of coffee cups. As we approached there was a man actively and forcefully coughing ( UNCOVERED) directly at the stacks of cups. Completely oblivious to his actions.  He nevered even attempted to cover up, unbelievable.  My wife and I just looked at each other, did an about face, grabbed our bags and left the ship. That was the nail in the coffin for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never been sick on a cruise but then I've gone maybe once to the buffet.  I stick to IC, MDR, and Crooners / Vines. The buffet has nothing that I want and too many temptations. I take too much at the buffets on land and sadly eat it all. I simply do not need the temptation when I can get everything I want portioned out to me

Now Hazygreyunderway has given me a more compelling reason to avoid them

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2020 at 12:31 AM, eclue said:

I want to go as soon as they are sailing.

Us too.Gutted our Enchanted Princess cruise this July wont happen.

Cruise lines and particularly Princess are getting bashed unfairly. 

They didn’t start the pandemic but the media love to stir it up. The spread of the virus through a nursing home or a church congregation just isn’t good telly by comparison.