Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

Between ships idled because some ports are shut to passengers entirely for an extended period, such as China, and all the other things happening, I doubt very much anybody is going to be able to give you any sense of a real answer for questions regarding when things restart and how itineraries will be adjusted/affected because of the 30-day pause of US sailings. Everyone really will just have to learn a little patience. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shaylans said:

Maybe a silly question but does anyone know if cancelled itineraries will be rescheduled? Our April 4th cruise out of Tampa to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Belize City unfortunately falls into the window but there are no more cruises with that same itinerary on Royal until November and we're not really looking to wait that long, just curious if they might add an additional date a little closer to make up for the cancelled one. 

How would they reschedule?  It's not like there are periods of time where the ships aren't already scheduled to sail to other places

• Like 1

It seems reasonable to me they are doing 30 days instead of 2 months like some other lines.  A pause in the US, started early enough, might be all we need to get over this.

It's nice they are refunding even tho they are the ones canceling.  Gate1 Travel canceled everyone from land tours and pretty much said it is what it is with the airline and we'll give you the $ spend to use later, no refund.

25 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Cancelled should mean money back, not a FCC.  

23 minutes ago, dagadget said:

yes this is true

There are clauses in the contract that allow them to offer FCC and not refund in time of "National Emergency"; I am not saying I know what they will do, but the company is in dire straights from a cash flow perspective, and giving back truckloads of cash would not be in the companies best interest at this time.

47 minutes ago, Ivebeenpwnd said:

Wish they announced it yesterday since I am on a flight to get to Miami for the symphony of the seas on saturday now

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.  You might want to consider looking into spending the week at a really nice Orlando resort ...with Disney World & Universal shutting down, there may be some screaming last minute deals on hotels

Edited by Boatsie

1 hour ago, DCL2RCI said:

No details. Refunds or are they going to be requiring FCC?

Dang, I voluntarily cancelled my April 4th sailing YESTERDAY for FCC.  If I had waited 24 more hours I possibly could have gotten a better deal. It is all about timing😂.   I know this was a hard decision for the cruise lines to make, but it appears to be currently what has to be done.

3 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Dang, I voluntarily cancelled my April 4th sailing YESTERDAY for FCC.  If I had waited 24 more hours I possibly could have gotten a better deal. It is all about timing😂.   I know this was a hard decision for the cruise lines to make, but it appears to be currently what has to be done.

We were debating whether or not to ultimately cancel our B2B in May, but either way I was going to wait until 72 hours or so before sailing to see if they would up the offer or cancel outright. We'd take a bonused FCC over a refund personally

4 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Son is to leave for San Juan in the a.m.   Waiting to hear if this includes Freedom. 

Yes it does. A friend on mine is on the 3/15 sailing and he just got a call from his travel agent that it was cancelled.

I do wish they had done this mid week. I’m sure a lot of people have already flown to Florida or other ports for their cruise for tomorrow or Sunday.  Mid week would have been much better.

Before I get yelled at, I realize this is a fluid situation and things have been changing rapidly.  Kudos to Viking and Princess for getting the all rolling yesterday.  While I don’t think the sky is falling if containing this is warranted, the cruise lines need to do their part.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LissyTx said:

I don't see this anywhere official.  Can you link me?  We were actively packing to drive to port tomorrow...    Thank you!!

I spoke directly to Crown and Anchor. It is definite. 

I wish they would of made it 60 or even 45 days , I’m on April 19th and any excitement I had is gone and just don’t care to go. I was hanging on in hopefully the line canceled and they did but not far enough out....personally I’m hoping for an extension.

• Like 1

Our sail date on the Mariner is the April 13th.  The planner says "31 Days to go"...I guess we are wait and see at least until the official dates are known.

The plan is still to go if they sail that cruise, but there are a lot of "what ifs"...

30 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would imagine that all ships currently sailing from U.S. ports will have to "harbor-in-place" once they complete their current voyages, and that TA's will not be widely affected since most of them don't happen until mid to late April. It will be interesting to see where they park all of the ships :classic_ohmy:

Someone reported that Explorer is sailing around Freeport for the next 2 months.  Makes sense to move them there out of the weather and close to supplies