Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

16 minutes ago, onboard2005 said:

There are plenty of boards discussing the COVID19 and related health issues.  Please take those topics elsewhere. Let's keep this board on the Coral. Their direct issues and the passengers trying to get home.  🙂

Completely agree. I am still on board and need to focus on facts directly on the Coral.

HMG Consul General Miami has emailed UK nationals this evening, to tell us that 2 BA planes are coming to take us home tomorrow.

Edited by pb_uk
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, pb_uk said:

Completely agree. I am still on board and need to focus on facts directly on the Coral.

HMG Consul General Miami has emailed UK nationals this evening, to tell us that 2 BA planes are coming to take us home tomorrow.

That's wonderful!!  So glad for you. 

Hopefully you'll be on your way home and everything will go smoothly.  

Please keep us updated with your progress.

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Mayor of Miami:

“We had some people that were dying on that ship,” he said. “We had to them here as soon as possible.”

...at least someone gets it.

Entire artical is here:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article241768491.html

He did the right thing.  America is doing the right thing. 

4 hours ago, pb_uk said:

No, don’t believe so.

These are those within driving range, and being taken home by car.

Cannot see beyond the terminal so no idea what happens beyond the wharf!

You mean if they drove themselves to the port, as many locals do, they could not drive themselves home???

welcome home. good luck to all you on the coral as you get to you homes. Continued  thoughts and prayers as you continue on your journeys.  If you are reading this after you are safely home, know that a community of people were sending you good vibes as you were on board. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

That's fantastic news!

Hope you get a great night sleep knowing that you will finally be on your way home tomorrow. 

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You mean if they drove themselves to the port, as many locals do, they could not drive themselves home???

They were concerned that some of the guests would not go directly home and into quarantine. Considering that many who have Covid-19 are asymptomatic, they didn't want them possibly exposing others on their way home.

58 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The ship didn’t leave from Miami so no ones car is here! 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The ship didn’t leave from Miami so no ones car is here! 

Not only that but, I believe it was scheduled to disembark in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago.  So, yes, you are right  ... nobody would have been leaving their car at the port of Miami.  

On 4/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, FoghornLeghorn said:

The families were told first. And the captain just now came on at 10:22 pm Eastern Time  and shared with everyone that people tested positive for the coronavirus. 

Just curious...when/where did the Coral pick up testing kits ? 

5 hours ago, pb_uk said:

pb_uk it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you have a safe journey home.

I have been following this thread the last week or so.

So glad to read that the Coral Princess has finally docked and passengers have begun to disembark.

I know it will take a while to get everyone off the ship, but prayers all will arrived home safely and those that are ill will get better.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Once this happened:

"His oxygen level dropped perilously low around 5 p.m., forcing ship medical staff to put him on a manual ventilator, the kind someone hand pumps to keep a patient’s lungs breathing. He needed a mechanical ventilator immediately to keep him alive."

What was the doctor onboard waiting for, before evacuating the passenger to a hospital?

Particularly when the ship is alongside in Miami, and an ambulance can be there, and the passenger in a hospital in minutes.

2 hours ago, Wichard said:

pb_uk it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you have a safe journey home.

Wichard and Mrs Wichard (!), likewise to have briefly met you both, and to have shared a epic voyage.

I will write more later.

Let us know when you get safely home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Just curious...when/where did the Coral pick up testing kits ? 

They made an unscheduled "service stop" at Barbados where they got kits and then took them back ashore to be analyzed at a local lab.

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

Wichard and Mrs Wichard (!), likewise to have briefly met you both, and to have shared a epic voyage.

I will write more later.

Let us know when you get safely home.

I will and thank you.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I doubt if any drove themselves to port since this was a very long itinerary.  You'd have to take out a second mortgage to pay the parking fees ($15/day in Fort Lauderdale)!

Edited by capriccio

This Cruise left March 5th from Santiago Chile. So no one drove to the port ....the first segment was to end on March 19th in Buenos Aires and those people getting off had flights to go home. The rest of us that were on the full 32-day Cruise would have ended up in Fort Lauderdale on April 6th. 

We got close🐧😄

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Thank you! I so agree

I am on board also but don't care to hear about stats and how to take your groceries and Amazon purchases in the house and all the speculation of what is going to happen to us

And what different news medias have said, most of those are out of date or incorrect

I go to this board for information about our situation on the coral.

But a huge thank you to everyone who is so kind and concerned and are praying for us. It is much appreciated

so what is your exact status on Sunday at 10:20 am ?

29 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I doubt if any drove themselves to port since this was a very long itinerary.  You'd have to take out a second mortgage to pay the parking fees ($15/day in Fort Lauderdale)!

LOL - yes you are correct.  The government here was doing similar for people arriving on flights that presented with symptoms.