US LEVEL 4 NO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL ALLOWED

JOHN474

1 hour ago, JOHN474 said:

In retrospect, I wish I had NOT cancelled 5  B2B cruises for partial Cash Refund & partial FCC.

It is obvious now, Celebrity will be cancelling all cruises worldwide for several months.

It makes absolutely no sense to cancel for a 100% FCC, when it is imminent that Celebrity will be cancelling cruises worldwide, and subsequently issuing cash refunds. 

Wish I had held out for the 100% cash refund .... congratulations to those of you that made the smarter decision to hold out for cancellation and 100% cash refund!

It is not that your decision was not smart, it was smart at the time it was made based on the best info you had.

It was a good deal at that time, no one had any inclination as to where this was going.

bon voyage

• Like 2

Guess this means, all cruises will now be cancelled. If you can not travel to the port, or home from the port, how can you have cruises?

It's not set in stone that we are not "allowed" to travel internationally as of right now.
And saying all cruises will be cancelled is just your opinion not fact, not all of them leave from international ports.   
Maybe we should wait for official announcements from the State Dept. before posting "info" from "sources"
at various News outlets that have been known to get their stories wrong.

It's rumors and conjectures like this that cause panic.  We don't need that right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JOHN474 said:

Guess this means, all cruises will now be cancelled. If you can not travel to the port, or home from the port, how can you have cruises?

My advice to ANYONE starting a thread is to make sure that your information is accurate.Check and recheck what YOU THINK you heard before posting it on here, as too many people are going to assume you were correct. In the past 2 weeks, the amount if incorrect, inaccurate, and totally false stories has been staggering. In all likelihood, you may have seen the Presidents Crystal Ball and this will become reality (well, not the Level 4 Warning part, as there is no such thing...), but wait until it actually happens.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, clojacks said:

My advice to ANYONE starting a thread is to make sure that your information is accurate.Check and recheck what YOU THINK you heard before posting it on here, as too many people are going to assume you were correct. In the past 2 weeks, the amount if incorrect, inaccurate, and totally false stories has been staggering. In all likelihood, you may have seen the Presidents Crystal Ball and this will become reality (well, not the Level 4 Warning part, as there is no such thing...), but wait until it actually happens.

The post did not come out of thin air.  There are numerous reports about it.  The advisory is not yet on the State Department Website, but they are traditionally a couple days behind.

And there definitely IS a Level 4 warning.  Did you miss the graphic posted above from the State Department?

19 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I would drive to Florida from ATL to get on a cruise..not scared in the least.  

You obviously have not been on a cruise in the last month or so.

We have and you'd have to be absolutely crazy to get on one now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

President Trump just announced (1220 PM EST Wednesday) that Carnival has offered its Carnival ships to house patients, as needed , in cities such as NYC.  Celebrity & RCL should offer to do the same with all the ships are idled by imminent cancellations. Celebrity should cancel immediately ...and not wait to the last minute to cancel cruises.

It's a nice gesture but as we have learned, cruise ships are not equipped properly  as hospitals,   esp for patients with  virulent disease.,, Cooking, cleaning and other jobs also need staffing...seems impractical. 

I wish cruise lines would fully sanitize ships before they carry pax again...and replace all mattresses on ships that have carried pax and crew with the virus. Just a worry ( perhaps irrational) that the virus lingers someplace.

Maybe the ships could be better used to house some visiting drs and nurses , or natl guard members who may come in to aid  the health care efforts.

Edited by hcat

6 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

The post did not come out of thin air.  There are numerous reports about it.  The advisory is not yet on the State Department Website, but they are traditionally a couple days behind.

And there definitely IS a Level 4 warning.  Did you miss the graphic posted above from the State Department?

Feel free to read the graphic again....

It refers to ADVISORY...

9 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

The graphic post said what a Level 4 ADVISORY meant.  Also according to the Mexican Consulate in Arizona, there is no level 4 State Department advisory being considered for Mexico.

My issue is both that the State Department does not and cannot ban foreign travel. Very misleading. 

I will be going to Mexico tomorrow - just a few miles - for some items we normally buy there.

I agree a Level 4 warning for most countries is being considered. But as of 20 minutes ago there was no 

Level 4 warning except for a couple of countries.

Edited by az_tchr

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

It's a nice gesture but as we have learned, cruise ships are not equipped properly  as hospitals,   esp for patients with  virulent disease.,, Cooking, cleaning and other jobs also need staffing...seems impractical. 

I wish cruise lines would fully sanitize ships before they carry pax again...and replace all mattresses on ships that have carried pax and crew with the virus. Just a worry ( pethaos irrational) that the virus lingers someplace.

Maybe the ships could be better used to house some visiting drs and nurses , or natl guard members who may come in to aid  the health care efforts.

President Trump did not communicate they would be used necessarily to house patients. Apparently Carnival Cruise CEO or President made offer, that ships could be used in any capacity, the Presidents Task Force or Governors could use them?  Cruise ships and vacant hotel rooms, possibly could be used for some type of purpose in the "war" effort.

1 minute ago, hcat said:

During the Q&A following the press conference, Trump indicated that no specific use of the ships has been discussed. It should also be noted that there was no mention of the price tag attached to Carnival's offer, which I somehow doubt was purely altruistic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clojacks said:

It refers to ADVISORY...

The difference between a Warning and Advisory, may be strictly semantics, but the connotative difference between a Warning and Advisory to many is significant.

8 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The graphic post said what a Level 4 ADVISORY meant.  Also according to the Mexican Consulate in Arizona, there is no level 4 State Department advisory being considered for Mexico.

My issue is both that the State Department does not and cannot ban foreign travel. Very misleading. 

I will be going to Mexico tomorrow - just a few miles - for some items we normally buy there.

9 minutes ago, clojacks said:

It refers to ADVISORY...

Advisory.  Warning.  Especially when the Advisory is "Do Not Travel"

It wouldn't be banned, true.  You would just be incredibly stupid to ignore it.

And we are not, in general, talking about taking a short jaunt across the border to Mexico, which you obviously frequently do.  We are talking about going half way across the world and getting caught in a travel mess.  Maybe not a ban, per se, but making it extremely difficult to return home.

The situation we were in a week ago today in Muscat, Oman.

Edited by ECCruise

7 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Also according to the Mexican Consulate in Arizona, there is no level 4 State Department advisory being considered for Mexico.

Correct. A global Level 4 advisory is being considered, not an individual one for Mexico.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

So how are we going to get home from San Diego when this cruise to nowhere finally ends?  Still being held by the uncooperative Chileans off the coast of Valparaiso.  We have lost 5 precious days in getting home because of them.  No one sick on board, so maybe we're lucky to be here in our safe little bubble, being treated royally by Celebrity.

Hopefully helpful info in this newly posted thread!

Have you e mailed your equivalent of US State Dept to let them know your status?

Good luck and keep  us posted

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I wish cruise lines would fully sanitize ships before they carry pax again...and replace all mattresses on ships that have carried pax and crew with the virus. Just a worry ( perhaps irrational) that the virus lingers someplace.

Viruses live on surfaces for hours and sometimes days;  not weeks... By the time the ships sail again any virus particles will be inactive.

• Thanks 1

Yes, and for the last time, we know it is not a ban.  We know it is not a warning.  We know it is only an advisory and you are not obligated to abide by it, and you can go on your cruise if you like.

Perhaps the HMS Beagle will continue to sail.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Haha 1

NEW STATE DEPT ADVISORY ISSUED as per Fox TV News ( around 4 p.m,)

I am sure someone will post the text

Basically, in sum and substance,  if you are out of the country, return asap.

If you remain out of US or travel outside, you may have travel disruption and not be allowed back for awhile!

10 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Yes, and for the last time, we know it is not a ban.  We know it is not a warning.  We know it is only an advisory and you are not obligated to abide by it, and you can go on your cruise if you like.

Perhaps the HMS Beagle will continue to sail.

No cruise line will be operating a cruise out of the United States at least while this advisory is in effect. And good luck getting to anywhere else in the world since most international flights will likely be operating skeleton schedules at best; Delta already cancelled its service to Europe for the time being.

1 minute ago, hcat said:

NEW STATE DEPT ADVISORY ISSUED as per Fox TV News ( around 4 p.m,)

I am sure someone will post the text

Basically, in sum and substance,  if you are out of the country, return asap.

If you remain out of US or travel outside, you may have travel disruption and not be allowed back for awhile!

The link is a few posts above.