Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

17 minutes ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

Not paying you is refusing to pay you. The cheque is in the mail is not paying you. File the dispute as they are refusing to pay you and you will get your $ back.

What you say is true, delaying the payment is refusing to pay. But I don’t have any communication from Celebrity putting this in writing, which is what the person I got on the phone said. I know they’re all besieged with calls and working under stressful conditions, but he wasn’t the most helpful of people and got a tone by the time I got off the phone.

Am going to send Chase all the documentation I have and take it from there. Anyway I can talk with Celebrity even though my booking was with a TA?

TeaBag, congratulations on getting your refund, good to hear of a happy resolution, that too in a little over a month!

I called the Zenith "hotline" yesterday concerning the delay in our promised refunds.

Our March 7th letter promising a refund was still not settled after 6 weeks... this was before all the cancellations, no working from home yet, no employee layoffs..

delay, stall, postpone, and make excuses... oh the cheque is in the mail, processed yesterday..

Our cancelled Silhouette cruise of March 15th is not being processed because it was part of a group sailing... call your travel agent..

Was booked for a 5/31 alaska cruise. Was told by my travel agent yesterday it will be another 45-60 days and since we had a non-refundable deposit, the deposit will not be a refund, but given as FCC.

Edited by kevin1551

51 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Good news for us.  Our Mar 15 cruise was refunded in full yesterday to Amex.  We received the taxes Apr 1.  We had originally booked through Celebrity and then switched to a TA.  The refund came from Celebrity, so this may answer some peoples' questions.  Nothing, not even taxes, for the Mar 30 cruise which was a B2B.   Maybe because it is charged to a CDN card?  I hope everyone soon has their money.

Hi,

Great to hear!

However, was that a 100% refund for the cruise portion?

Or refund with FCC?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Argo. said:

I called the Zenith "hotline" yesterday concerning the delay in our promised refunds.

Our March 7th letter promising a refund was still not settled after 6 weeks... this was before all the cancellations, no working from home yet, no employee layoffs..

delay, stall, postpone, and make excuses... oh the cheque is in the mail, processed yesterday..

Our cancelled Silhouette cruise of March 15th is not being processed because it was part of a group sailing... call your travel agent..

I was planning on calling the Z line at 31 days, it seems like you didn’t get any resolution or much information.  Ugg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jj6961 said:

I was planning on calling the Z line at 31 days, it seems like you didn’t get any resolution or much information.  Ugg

Z: Working from home, made some calls, could not get through to the TA, no resolution.

• Like 1

When Celebrity cancelled my March 15 and March 27 cruise I asked for a refund. Until today there was no help from Celebrity or my TA. This morning I disputed charges with my credit card. This afternoon I got a call that my first cruise was being processed and I should see it on my credit card in a few days. Coincidence? If I actually get something I will share info.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

Great to hear!

However, was that a 100% refund for the cruise portion?

Or refund with FCC?

Thanks

It was 100% refund for the cruise portion given in 3 amounts for each of us, totaling $4298.  One of the amounts ($100) was the deposit for booking on board.  We indicated we were not interested in FCC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Good news for us.  Our Mar 15 cruise was refunded in full yesterday to Amex.  We received the taxes Apr 1.  We had originally booked through Celebrity and then switched to a TA.  The refund came from Celebrity, so this may answer some peoples' questions.  Nothing, not even taxes, for the Mar 30 cruise which was a B2B.   Maybe because it is charged to a CDN card?  I hope everyone soon has their money.

That’s great! Hopefully that means that our March 14 cruise that was cancelled the evening of March 13 and refund requested on March 14 will be received soon. Fingers crossed! We paid for 2 cabins so waiting for quite the refund!

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

That’s awesome! 🎉

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

It was 100% refund for the cruise portion given in 3 amounts for each of us, totaling $4298.  One of the amounts ($100) was the deposit for booking on board.  We indicated we were not interested in FCC.

Excellent news! 

Thanks for letting us know!

3 hours ago, kevin1551 said:

Was booked for a 5/31 alaska cruise. Was told by my travel agent yesterday it will be another 45-60 days and since we had a non-refundable deposit, the deposit will not be a refund, but given as FCC.

If Celebrity cancelled the cruise, you are entitled to a full refund, even of the nonrefundable deposit. From the FAQs:

If a full refund is preferred, we’re happy to process this request for your client. Should your client wish to decline the higher value 125% Future Cruise Credit and receive a lower value 100% refund of their cruise fare, please access the new “Cancellation Form” on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News”.

We are waiting for a refund for our May 11 cruise, for which I submitted a refund request on March 24. The air has been removed from the booking, but somebody incorrectly applied a $75pp cancellation fee. And somehow the price of the cruise fare went up by $1100 on the latest invoice. So I spent an hour getting those adjusted. The rep told me to allow another 2-3 weeks for the refund to be sent out.

5 hours ago, prish said:

We were booked on the Apex 5/10 sailing and put in a request for refunds as soon as Celebrity cancelled last month. Our big box store TA sent a confirmation after about a week saying the refund would be processed within 90 days! 

It’s almost 4 weeks since we cancelled and yesterday I called Chase to file a dispute. After talking with two different people they said I’d need to fill out a form which would be mailed to me, providing documentation, including proof that Celebrity was refusing to reimburse me. But Celebrity isn’t refusing to pay us, just dragging out the whole process. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience, what do you suggest I do? I will of course send out the form with the documents I have, but what else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Surprised by this.   I bank with Chase and Use Chase Sapphire for my cruise bookings.    I disputed 4 charges totaling over $10,000 directly on line by clicking the Dispute this Charge function.   I was given temporary credits on all of them by the next morning.    I stated only that Celebrity confirmed a credit would be issued and I haven't received the credit within 30 day.    In the information box I put my reservation number and the reason for the credit.

I just spoke with a Celebrity TA  re my April 25th cruise on Millennium booked directly with Celebrity and cash refund requested online by me on March 27th.  Luggage tags arrived in the mail today!  The TA told me that refunds are "taking longer than originally expected" to be processed.  He said that originally it was expected that credits would be processed within 30 business days and that I should expect to begin to see credits being posted to my card account "in a minimum of 45 days".  (I neglected to ask if he meant 45 business days).  He also said that credits are being given in three installments, but that all three should arrive within a week of one another.  Hmmm.......

9 hours ago, prish said:

We were booked on the Apex 5/10 sailing and put in a request for refunds as soon as Celebrity cancelled last month. Our big box store TA sent a confirmation after about a week saying the refund would be processed within 90 days! 

It’s almost 4 weeks since we cancelled and yesterday I called Chase to file a dispute. After talking with two different people they said I’d need to fill out a form which would be mailed to me, providing documentation, including proof that Celebrity was refusing to reimburse me. But Celebrity isn’t refusing to pay us, just dragging out the whole process. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience, what do you suggest I do? I will of course send out the form with the documents I have, but what else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

I disputed a charge w/Chase on line. Just look up the charge, click on it, and you’ll see a link to dispute. It was simple and easy vs. calling. The amount of dispute was deducted from my balance the next day and Celebrity has 60 days to respond.

The time limit for filing a dispute is 60 days after it was charged. Are you within or outside the 60-day window?

26 minutes ago, BEAV said:

I disputed a charge w/Chase on line. Just look up the charge, click on it, and you’ll see a link to dispute. It was simple and easy vs. calling. The amount of dispute was deducted from my balance the next day and Celebrity has 60 days to respond.

The time limit for filing a dispute is 60 days after it was charged. Are you within or outside the 60-day window?

Chase took mine more than 60 days after charge for my airfare, I assume because the flight hadn’t happened and was ultimately cancelled and they initially refused to give refund.

I’m glad to hear that. I read on a travel blog that sometimes they will accept disputes greater than 60 days, especially if it’s in regard to “travel-related bookings made in advance”. 👍

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Surprised by this.   I bank with Chase and Use Chase Sapphire for my cruise bookings.    I disputed 4 charges totaling over $10,000 directly on line by clicking the Dispute this Charge function.   I was given temporary credits on all of them by the next morning.    I stated only that Celebrity confirmed a credit would be issued and I haven't received the credit within 30 day.    In the information box I put my reservation number and the reason for the credit.

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

Thanks for your input. When you say online do I go to their website and file under claims? 

We’re outside of 60 days but in the past I have successfully disputed charges with Chase even after six months. Will look online and let you know how it goes, thanks again.

15 minutes ago, prish said:

Thanks for your input. When you say online do I go to their website and file under claims? 

We’re outside of 60 days but in the past I have successfully disputed charges with Chase even after six months. Will look online and let you know how it goes, thanks again.

Log into your credit card account at Chase.com. Scroll through the list of your charges. Locate the charge you’re looking for. Click on the > button at the right of the charge description. It will display the details of the charge. Click where you see “dispute transaction” and complete and submit the form. 

If you’ve already started the dispute process over the phone, I’m not sure you can now try on line, but give it a shot. 

My transpacific cruise from Sydney to Hawaii was cancelled on 23/3 and I requested a full refund the same day. I called on 10/4 and they said I would receive the money back before 23/3. I called again on 20/4 and they say the refund will now be on on 7/5. I know they have a lot of refunds to get through but I am still getting impatient as it’s £23300. 

• Like 1

Re 2nd March Constellation out of Dubai Terminated Mumbai mid cruise

Very pleased to say that received refund this morning back to my Amex credit card for the 100% LESS the taxes and port fees. Hopefully those charges will trickle through eventually.

Thank you Celebrity for getting us quickly and safely out of Mumbai.

Stay safe everyone.