Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

Imo, it is a cash flow issue and a staff issue.  This does not make it okay.    Before all this started, I cancelled a HAL cruise on Feb. 23, and the refund hit my credit card the NEXT DAY.  I am currently only waiting on some airline refunds.  If I was waiting on a cruise line refund I would be frustrated too, very frustrated.  I do think you will ultimately receive your funds.

With due respect to the OP, I agree...

Another thread to vent or track or discuss only diffuses the info. Hope mods merge this into the Cruise Tracker thread.

Here's a link to the original one that remains current!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

For those suggesting this is a duplicate thread - this thread is not to track refunds.  This thread is to talk about why they are taking so long.  I understand there may be duplicate discussions, but that was not my intent.

Please let’s not have another thread related to refunds, they really are taking over the forum. I would much rather we just had one thread where refunds in general could be discussed. The issue of refund delays and possible reasons really are being discussed on too many threads already.

• Thanks 2

• CCHelp changed the title to Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)
2 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

Our cruise was canceled 3/13 for 3/14 sailing. We requested refund upon return home. Nothing Yet, But I do know other friends in same situation on different cruise lines, non-cruise packages and airlines are also still waiting on their refunds. 

Both of my plane tickets for cancelled flights were refunded to my credit card within a week of the cancellation.  It is possible to do this.  They just have to want to.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, yorky said:

Please let’s not have another thread related to refunds, they really are taking over the forum. I would much rather we just had one thread where refunds in general could be discussed. The issue of refund delays and possible reasons really are being discussed on too many threads already.

Great this was merged!

bon voyage

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Great this was merged!

bon voyage

I was hoping that a discussion of the "why" could be had that would not get lost in the discussion of the "what" (meaning details of individual refunds).  I guess like most of my hopes related to cruising these days it was a lost cause.😒

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Great this was merged!

bon voyage

Thank goodness. Having to be stuck at home for weeks on end I’m desperately looking for anything positive on here to cheer me up. Sadly it’s been tough going on the forum of late.

• Haha 1

As I previously mentioned somewhere, I think they could easily sep out straight deposit refunds and refunds for X  cancelled cruises from ones that require  further calculations, of penalties, excursions and dining  charges,  FCC  etc.

Those in the easy pile could be sent out very quickly, thus allowing  the backlog to reduce.

For those with credit card disputes, i think X may wait out the review time frame ( 60 days for  BOA) and just let them automatically be  marked resolved.

Only a guess???

Edited by hcat

We were notified on March 30th that our May 13 Viking Rhine cruise, along with all the rest of Vikings cruises thru June 30th, were cancelled.    We opted for the 125% voucher to use on another cruise in the next two years.   One positive note, we received our FCC vouchers from Viking yesterday.    The nice things about Vikings vouchers is they are transferable.    Also,  your cancelled cruise will be refunded at 100% if the vouchers haven't been used by the time they expire.

51 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I was hoping that a discussion of the "why" could be had that would not get lost in the discussion of the "what" (meaning details of individual refunds).  I guess like most of my hopes related to cruising these days it was a lost cause.😒

It will only be lost to new readers of the total thread, all new messages in the thread are flagged, for the rest of us.

bon voyage

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, yorky said:

Thank goodness. Having to be stuck at home for weeks on end I’m desperately looking for anything positive on here to cheer me up. Sadly it’s been tough going on the forum of late.

Yes, I know... even the ones which are pointedly meant to be positive get hi-jacked... LOL

Gotta love it...

bon voyage

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Both of my plane tickets for cancelled flights were refunded to my credit card within a week of the cancellation.  It is possible to do this.  They just have to want to.

I agree.  We had non refundable airfare and had fully intended to make the trip, but when the Chicago to Venice air went missing, we made the call to American.  Just got an email yesterday that it would be refunded to our card in within the week.  Just called them about it 9 days ago.

While we still haven’t received our refund for our March 14 cruise that was cancelled the evening before and refund requested almost immediately, we have finally received our refund from Allianz. We had 2 cabins and cancel for any reason insurance so it was nice to see the almost $800 credit show up on my cc today.

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Joking a bit is all one can do to alleviate the tension as we wait for refunds without any idea of the when or why....

👍

My other remedy when bored or after a bad day is to browse on my iPad for my next holiday / cruise, and at present that is not really an option as I have 2021 already all booked up and 2022 is not yet fully released 🤷‍♀️😳.

We are waiting to hear about a $900 deposit refund for a  cancellation we made on April 8th of a Connie 2022 cruise.  Never received any conf that it was cancelled so will call Celeb later today.   Won't file any credit card dispute until 45 day pass.

Like others,  we are curious about the process but at this point assume they are inundated. Each rep gives a slightly diff story but that's not unusual for X!

I know this is a discussion about cruise refunds and particularly Celebrity refunds. Many of us a waiting for our money to be returned.  There has been some information shared about airline ticket refunds here as well.  But I am curious about other types of refunds.  This goes far beyond the cruise and travel industry.  For example, many people have purchased tickets or are season ticket holders to sporting events and concerts.  Some have weddings on hold.  You name it.  A lot of money tied up with delayed or no refunds.  Do you have other types of refunds owed?  

No.. Cancelled hotels and rental car  on line without issue...just  res not  deposits. Will be changing SW Air res soon

We are waiting on Covid  masks that seem lost in space ( or China?).Contact with vendor is through Walmart..long waits for online chat or phone call back.  They charged our credit card  claiming it was shipped, but Post Ofc says package not yet received..We don't want to  cancel..

All other transaction  via mail.order running smoothly. Celeb takes the booby prize!

Edited by hcat

Finally, some movement on my refund for the 3/15 Edge cruise.  I was notified 4/3 that my pre-purchased internet charge was being refunded but might take up to two billing cycles to post.  Not seen it yet.  But this morning there was an email from AMEX for a 'merchant credit', which totaled the charge for the MoveUp to Aqua.  EM

We cancelled a December cruise on March 16.  It was expensive and I was making monthly payments on it and used several different credit cards. I saw the 1st refund today on my American Express card and confirmed that they were all processed.  I know BOA takes a while to post credits. 

We were booked on the Apex 5/10 sailing and put in a request for refunds as soon as Celebrity cancelled last month. Our big box store TA sent a confirmation after about a week saying the refund would be processed within 90 days! 

It’s almost 4 weeks since we cancelled and yesterday I called Chase to file a dispute. After talking with two different people they said I’d need to fill out a form which would be mailed to me, providing documentation, including proof that Celebrity was refusing to reimburse me. But Celebrity isn’t refusing to pay us, just dragging out the whole process. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience, what do you suggest I do? I will of course send out the form with the documents I have, but what else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by prish

18 minutes ago, prish said:

We were booked on the Apex 5/10 sailing and put in a request for refunds as soon as Celebrity cancelled last month. Our big box store TA sent a confirmation after about a week saying the refund would be processed within 90 days! 

It’s almost 4 weeks since we cancelled and yesterday I called Chase to file a dispute. After talking with two different people they said I’d need to fill out a form which would be mailed to me, providing documentation, including proof that Celebrity was refusing to reimburse me. But Celebrity isn’t refusing to pay us, just dragging out the whole process. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience, what do you suggest I do? I will of course send out the form with the documents I have, but what else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Not paying you is refusing to pay you. The cheque is in the mail is not paying you. File the dispute as they are refusing to pay you and you will get your $ back.

• Like 1

Good news for us.  Our Mar 15 cruise was refunded in full yesterday to Amex.  We received the taxes Apr 1.  We had originally booked through Celebrity and then switched to a TA.  The refund came from Celebrity, so this may answer some peoples' questions.  Nothing, not even taxes, for the Mar 30 cruise which was a B2B.   Maybe because it is charged to a CDN card?  I hope everyone soon has their money.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 2