Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Im sorry, I believe you are mistaken. In the UK chargeback is an option for Credit cards, as well as Debit and Charge cards. You are correct, insomuch, that Section 75 only applies to credit cards.

My apologies. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We were asked to fax but do not have one at home. 

Mail address we were given is:

BOA Credit Claims

P.O. Box 982234

El Paso Tx 79998-2234

Thank you so much. Not sure if it will matter, but I'll send off the info anyway.

13 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We received our FCC certificates today from our shortened March 13 cruise. Still no refund.

Did they come directly from Celebrity or through a TA?    email or snail mail?

11 minutes ago, DUC950 said:

Has anyone in the US receive a refund from Celebrity for cancelled cruise other than taxes or excursions.  A refund to your Credit Card, not a FCC.

Yes... cruise we cancelled after final payment....50% credit to Card and 50% fcc

And full deposit on another cruise we cancelled

Had filed disputes on both

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes... cruise we cancelled after final payment....50% credit to Card and 50% fcc

And full deposit on another cruise we cancelled

Had filed disputes on both

how long did you wait to speak with someone?  I have been on hold for 56 min...…(CC-Barclays)

Edited by cjcruiser27

Starting to get very frustrated. We were scheduled to cruise on the edge March 15 and the cruise was canceled on March 13. Called and requested the refund option versus the FCC.

Was told could take 30 days for refund. Called this week and was told refund was approved and processing began April 4 and to allow 7 to 10 days. Still nothing on my card, called back yesterday and was told could be a couple more weeks with all of the volume they are running behind, etc. 

I seem to be reading all these boards that others whose cruises were canceled after mine are receiving the refunds?

it’s an $11,000 refund so obviously starting to wonder if I’m not alone and whether celebrity has financial means to survive this whole mess and refund their customers?

34 minutes ago, Tbucs19 said:

Starting to get very frustrated. We were scheduled to cruise on the edge March 15 and the cruise was canceled on March 13. Called and requested the refund option versus the FCC.

Was told could take 30 days for refund. Called this week and was told refund was approved and processing began April 4 and to allow 7 to 10 days. Still nothing on my card, called back yesterday and was told could be a couple more weeks with all of the volume they are running behind, etc. 

I seem to be reading all these boards that others whose cruises were canceled after mine are receiving the refunds?

it’s an $11,000 refund so obviously starting to wonder if I’m not alone and whether celebrity has financial means to survive this whole mess and refund their customers?

WOW, that's a BIG refund you are waiting on.  Mine is a little under 2000.  BUT, they said multiple times I would have it, and still do NOT.  I don't believe them.

1 hour ago, Tbucs19 said:

You are not alone. Our cruise was not until December but we had over $11K paid on it. We cancelled on March 16 because we were worried about the potential for bankruptcy.  I called on April 6 and was told 30 days. Called on April 14 and told the refunds were set up on April 7 and it would be 10 business days from them. Like you, I'm starting to gt a bit worried and will soon be filing disputes with the credit card companies that I used to pay down the cruise.

1 hour ago, cjcruiser27 said:

how long did you wait to speak with someone?  I have been on hold for 56 min...…(CC-Barclays)

Not long waits for X...I usually call at 8 am. That's before the rep can call accounting or reso dept.  But you can cancel or inquire.......

My card is BOA.. For my earlier dispute the biggest annoyance were all the options you must go through before you get a human...

Second time, later in the game,  there was a longer hold time estimated( would have to scroll back for details).  I put the phone on speaker til they answered...but much less than 56 mins,  you can call early am...or late evening.

(Everything is slammed these days..tried to have a customer svc chat with Walmart about a delay in an  order.,They estimated a 79 minute wait...no way!)

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not long waits for X...I usually call at 8 am. That's before the rep can call accounting or reso dept.  But you can cancel or inquire.......

My card is BOA.. For my earlier dispute the biggest annoyance were all the options you must go through before you get a human...

Second time, later in the game,  there was a longer hold time estimated( would have to scroll back for details).  I put the phone on speaker til they answered...but much less than 56 mins,  you can call early am...or late evening.

(Everything is slammed these days..tried to have a customer svc chat with Walmart about a delay in an  order.,They estimated a 79 minute wait...no way!)

I gave up after an 1 hr and 15min

I am getting all my documents and proof together to go out in the mail 1st thing tomorrow, maybe overnight or priority.  Do I need a signed signature on the other end?  I have never had to do this before.

Thanks for your help!!

You can usually file a credit card dispute online and upload any supporting documentation.  I like the option BOA gives of having them call you back when it is your turn in line.  I use it with them and other companies and have always gotten a call.

17 hours ago, isdoo said:

Your old credit card number is still valid and linked to your current card.

This is in case any legitimate company charges against it - perhaps on an annual renewal or indeed like this a refund. 

I have the same situation as you as my credit card was compromised and they closed it and issued a new credit card.   I got one credit back already and it made it's way through to my new credit card.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, newcruiserdave said:

Does anyone have the internet link to request refund on cancelled cruise.  The letter is on the website for cruises through June 11, but the link is not active.  Anyone from the previous set of cancellations have the link?

•  

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.239803779.1211176312.1587167630-177227451.1587167630

it is buried really deep in this link:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered:

• You may request a refund and you’re certificate will be deactivated. You must request your refund by:

◦ December 31, 2021 for sailings departing March 13th – May 11th, 2020, plus Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing).

◦ December 31, 2020 for sailing departing May 12 – June 11th, 2020.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.

• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.

• You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.

Well our Canada/New England cruise - changed to Nassau cruise is finally cancelled.  Best friend cruising in the Med at the same time got notice of his cancellation.

We were tempted to rebook an August 2021 Canada/New England and grab the 125% but ... (pls don’t get mad) we all agree it’s crazy to do a cruise until a vaccine it available.  (I have a compromised medical history X 4).

Also (and this reality hurts) this is a deathly environment for the cruise business.  I doubt everyone will make it without filing for bankruptcy.  If anything, cruising as we know it is gone.  It just cannot remain the same.

Cruise lines will jettison personnel and maybe even ships.  Policies on board will be different.  Lovely service we have been spoiled by will be different as crew has been reduced.

So give us our 100% back.  We will watch our autumn sailings and my handicapped cabin as prices plummet and hopefully all is good and we can cruise next fall.

Just too dangerous for me to step onboard until there is a vaccine available. 

Sigh.

1 hour ago, cjcruiser27 said:

I gave up after an 1 hr and 15min

I am getting all my documents and proof together to go out in the mail 1st thing tomorrow, maybe overnight or priority.  Do I need a signed signature on the other end?  I have never had to do this before.

Thanks for your help!!

I never did this before either...but check the website for your card,,for possible guidance..esp if you are filing a dispute,  Any way you can also e mail them??? Is there any info on your hard copy bill?

Edited by hcat

49 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

You can usually file a credit card dispute online and upload any supporting documentation.  I like the option BOA gives of having them call you back when it is your turn in line.  I use it with them and other companies and have always gotten a call.

unfortunately  Barclays doesn’t have that😟 I did file online but I was only able to write in a few things, all the other things I need to mail and they gave the address. I wasn’t able to upload anything. I hope I did it right.

Update

Check  arrived from BOA for our first dispute which was  refunded to  the card.  I am assuming it is ours to keep because they indicated in the online memo area that the  review was closed based on  a settled dispute.

As to the  more recent cruise deposit dispute, we also requested a check for the credit balance....in process. 

Today we rec'd  a letter saying the merchant had 60 days to respond  to the claim...if they don't respond it will be deemed resolved.   

If they challenge, more info will be needed before a  final decision is made and they might request more info..  To save time we sent in all the documentation we had. 

Not sure if other companies work it this way...

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled a July 4 and July 12 b2b on April 2, just before final payment, tho' we had paid in full. I  got $500 and $388  refunds about a week later. On April 16 I received a large amount of refund, making the total so far of $6445 but have no idea what amount is from which cruise. Anyway, I guess we are lucky to get the refunds started trickling in so soon after cancellation. Of course X cancelled our May 2 cruise about a week before that April 2 date, so the refunds may be from that May cruise. All told X owes us around $12000. Our Visa is through BOA and our checking accounts are also BOA. Hoping I can transfer the credits from the card to my checking account. Anyone done this?

46 minutes ago, 39august said:

Our Visa is through BOA and our checking accounts are also BOA. Hoping I can transfer the credits from the card to my checking account. Anyone done this?

Generally card issuers will not let you carry a credit balance on an account.  In your case, I'm sure BOA would be happy to transfer the balance over to your bank account, as it's easiest and cheapest for the bank, and easiest for you.  If you did nothing, they would eventually mail you a check, since usually they won't let a large credit balance stay more than 2 billing cycles. 

Harris

Denver, CO

28 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Generally card issuers will not let you carry a credit balance on an account.  In your case, I'm sure BOA would be happy to transfer the balance over to your bank account, as it's easiest and cheapest for the bank, and easiest for you.  If you did nothing, they would eventually mail you a check, since usually they won't let a large credit balance stay more than 2 billing cycles. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Really?

We've just let our balance stay on our account.  Since we use that credit card for everything, we just were going to watch the balance grow smaller, and smaller (probably take a few months).  Are you saying that we can't do that?

Should we call the bank?