Allure upgrades cancelled

smeck

Just now, xDisconnections said:

The “only” reason?

Not really the ONLY reason but I would not have booked it.  Would have just gone back on Anthem.

I have the amped Oasis booked for July.  I want to sail all of the Oasis sisters but when it comes to older ships, I prefer the updates of that add some of the features of the newer ships.

For me, the ship is the primary destination.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Not really the ONLY reason but I would not have booked it.  Would have just gone back on Anthem.

I have the amped Oasis booked for July.  I want to sail all of the Oasis sisters but when it comes to older ships, I prefer the updates of that add some of the features of the newer ships.

For me, the ship is the primary destination.

My opinion but the Allure was just fine before the tentative and anticipated projects that would have been introduced with Royal Amplified. The ship is only ten years old and will certainly have more to do than you saw with your previous cruises on the Paradise, Splendor, Magic and even when you are ready to sail on the Mardi Gras.

I think you’ll be just okay and if you truly only booked the Allure because of Royal Amplified, perhaps you should contact Royal Caribbean to seek a reasonable alternative option.

Edited by xDisconnections

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

My opinion but the Allure was just fine before the tentative and anticipated projects that would have been introduced with Royal Amplified. The ship is only ten years old and will have certainly have more to do than you saw on your previous cruises on the Paradise, Splendor, Magic and even when you are ready to sail on the Mardi Gras.

I think you’ll be just okay and if you truly only booked the Allure because of Royal Amplified, perhaps you should contact Royal Caribbean to find out a reasonable alternative option.

I will never sail that Carnival trash I previously sailed.  NEVER again.  Hopefully Mardi Gras has some redeeming value.

Yes, I think I'll be fine on Allure.  I'm not going to cancel.  It's just OCD.

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

I will never sail that Carnival trash I previously sailed.  NEVER again.  Hopefully Mardi Gras has some redeeming value.

Yes, I think I'll be fine on Allure.  I'm not going to cancel.  It's just OCD.

Dont worry man. I have been on the Allure 4 times. I took my daughter, her hubby and grandkids last October because I wanted them to experience it before the upgrades. The Allure is wonderful as is. They all loved it.

Edited by TonyFred
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Symphony never had a DL where Allures is located. Royal should utilize the current DL for Pinnacles and move the D/D+ to deck 4. 

In my opinion. 

That would free up Dazzles for other activities

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hope they move the existing sign on the Diamond Lounge to Deck 4 like the other Oasis Class ships have done. Make the existing Diamond Lounge the Pinnacle Club and prohibit access to SL/CK unless in a GS or higher. They should do this on the Presidents Cruise October 25 (if it still happens).  I think this is a great idea. 

In my opinion 

Given that there are more D/D+ than P’s on any given cruise, I would leave the DL where it is and make the P Club on deck 4.

mac_tlc

• Like 4

Guest BigRoger

Similar to others having only recently got off the TA to Europe I have to say Allure is looking beautiful as ever... will be so pleased if the amp doesn’t take place and we can keep her as she is now including diamond lounge and champagne bar.....

and (and it’s my personal view so no abuse) not having that god ugly slide messing up the boardwalk....

that said... I’d like to have playmakers on there 

yep (cup) cake and eating it....

On 3/20/2020 at 10:06 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not surprising at all, although this means I will not book any cruises on either one of these ships.  My wife and I are too spoiled by the ships that have already been amped. 

I love Allure and could care less if she is Amped or not.  Just a great ship with great shows and everything.  Will miss her now that she is going to Galveston and I don't get to cruise on her anymore.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:45 AM, John&LaLa said:

Even before the cancellation, all they were doing to the A1 was repairs and carpet.

Never understood why folks are thinking they were updating cabins. Other than door locks, not much done to Oasis cabins

Disappointing as the A1 needs updated furnishings to appear more upscale like the rooms on deck 17.   In the current state, the room decor does not match the price of the room. 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:47 AM, ZiggaZagga17 said:

All of the above!

Aren't cabins installed as a complete (ish) unit and slotted into the ship on build?

That tells you that they're never gonna get anything more than a tidy up - as you say, carpets/sofa's/mattresses 

I'm pretty sure Celebrity's older ships that went into dry dock rooms were completely updated to match the decor on the Edge and Apex ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Similar to others having only recently got off the TA to Europe I have to say Allure is looking beautiful as ever... will be so pleased if the amp doesn’t take place and we can keep her as she is now including diamond lounge and champagne bar.....

and (and it’s my personal view so no abuse) not having that god ugly slide messing up the boardwalk....

that said... I’d like to have playmakers on there 

yep (cup) cake and eating it....

Sounds like you are not a fan of the Bionic bar.. We have a B2B booked for Oct/Nov.  Amped or not I hope she still sails the Med and then heads home.  Agree the slide messes up boardwalk and what a shame moving the DL to the dungeon.  

9 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Disappointing as the A1 needs updated furnishings to appear more upscale like the rooms on deck 17.   In the current state, the room decor does not match the price of the room. 

I'm pretty sure Celebrity's older ships that went into dry dock rooms were completely updated to match the decor on the Edge and Apex ships. 

Rooms on other Celebrity ships were totally re-done. New bathrooms, cabin furniture and balcony furniture. They're very nice. 

As for Allure.....we were on the Feb 23 cruise before the TA. While cabins could use a bit of an update I think the upholstered furniture in many areas in in dire need of replacement or, at least, reupholstering. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Sounds like you are not a fan of the Bionic bar.. We have a B2B booked for Oct/Nov.  Amped or not I hope she still sails the Med and then heads home.  Agree the slide messes up boardwalk and what a shame moving the DL to the dungeon.  

As a STAR passenger on the recent TA, I would have loved the Bionic Bar. Don't get me wrong, the Champagne Bar was OK, but it was dullsville

13 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Rooms on other Celebrity ships were totally re-done. New bathrooms, cabin furniture and balcony furniture. They're very nice. 

As for Allure.....we were on the Feb 23 cruise before the TA. While cabins could use a bit of an update I think the upholstered furniture in many areas in in dire need of replacement or, at least, reupholstering. 

8730 was very threadbare on some pieces, and the coffee table was practically falling apart. Many cabinet doors needed work as well. Easy fixes for the most part.  Might be working on them now

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But don’t they (many) argue that they are so loyal to Royal?? So the goal is, to expect to be treated like royalty while spending as little as possible with Royal?

In my opinion 

I think that perhaps this perception is an exaggeration with no real data to support it.  Anecdotal evidence, maybe.

My point is, people like perks.  If Gold level people got free stuff in the promenade the line would be long.  Go to Costco or Sams when the free samples are handed out.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:47 AM, ZiggaZagga17 said:

All of the above!

Aren't cabins installed as a complete (ish) unit and slotted into the ship on build?

That tells you that they're never gonna get anything more than a tidy up - as you say, carpets/sofa's/mattresses 

TBH, having just done the Eastbound TA on her, my major gripe was the state of our cabin and overall furnishings so in my opinion even this remedial work would more than satisfy me!

Not accurate.  That is done to speed up construction.  However, cruise lines can and have done amazing retrofits to prefab cabins.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Pretty sure Amped project has been postponed. Upgrades?  If she gets new bearings in Azipods, is that an upgrade??

Yes, officially on hold. Don’t think it’s officially cancelled. Would be good to keep titles factual.