Allure upgrades cancelled

smeck

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

Already covered in detail

Some of us are happy she isn’t going to change! 

Read on previous threads many cruisers are disappointed that the amplification has been put on hold as that was one of the reasons they had booked the cruise and maybe paid a premium price.

Fully understandable on both parts RRCL and the folks who had booked because of the amplification.

• Like 2

Apparently redoing the cabins must be a large part of the process.  It would be nice if they could do the cabin refits or refurbishment since that is our home when we enjoy our cruise.  A fresh cabin makes a huge difference.  Do you choose a hotel at a port that has old worn out rooms?  Maybe we do knowing we are getting on our beautiful ship.  I have never been on Allure but reviews do indicate the cabins can use an update.  

I hope they move the existing sign on the Diamond Lounge to Deck 4 like the other Oasis Class ships have done. Make the existing Diamond Lounge the Pinnacle Club and prohibit access to SL/CK unless in a GS or higher. They should do this on the Presidents Cruise October 25 (if it still happens).  I think this is a great idea. 

In my opinion 

25 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

I have never been on Allure but reviews do indicate the cabins can use an update.  

That can probably be said of any of the ships in the fleet more than 5 years old. Other than carpet and perhaps the sofa, cabins usually don't get updated on any ship.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That can probably be said of any of the ships in the fleet more than 5 years old. Other than carpet and perhaps the sofa, cabins usually don't get updated on any ship.

Even before the cancellation, all they were doing to the A1 was repairs and carpet.

Never understood why folks are thinking they were updating cabins. Other than door locks, not much done to Oasis cabins

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Even before the cancellation, all they were doing to the A1 was repairs and carpet.

Never understood why folks are thinking they were updating cabins. Other than door locks, not much done to Oasis cabins

All of the above!

Aren't cabins installed as a complete (ish) unit and slotted into the ship on build?

That tells you that they're never gonna get anything more than a tidy up - as you say, carpets/sofa's/mattresses 

TBH, having just done the Eastbound TA on her, my major gripe was the state of our cabin and overall furnishings so in my opinion even this remedial work would more than satisfy me!

3 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Apparently redoing the cabins must be a large part of the process.  It would be nice if they could do the cabin refits or refurbishment since that is our home when we enjoy our cruise.  A fresh cabin makes a huge difference.  Do you choose a hotel at a port that has old worn out rooms?  Maybe we do knowing we are getting on our beautiful ship.  I have never been on Allure but reviews do indicate the cabins can use an update.  

Royal is great in marketing and how geat most of the "enhancments" are during the dry docks the main goal is to generate more more space for venues to generate more revenue including reducing the space ratio on the ship by adding even more cabins. They are quoting something along the lines for the Royal Amplification that every aspect of the guest experience will be touched somehow the cabins are not part of it. Then even on the Amped ships, the most you will get in the cabins is a new carpet and a new TV. For instance on the Voyager Class of which the ships have hit around 20 years it would be time to fully renovate the bathrooms, well did not happen.

Hence, at the end of the day, as long as proper maintenance is maintained on the ship making sure everything is in good condition this is as good as it gets on Royal and going to experience a Allure without the additional cabins planed during dry docl you will probably be better of.

• Like 1

I did a b2b in january and allure looked just fine to me.  I guess when workers at dry dock in spain are allowed to resume work they will fix propulsion issues and some other general maintenance items.   

I prefer for royal to hold onto their cash and stay afloat for all of us to cruise when this virus is resolved.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Read on previous threads many cruisers are disappointed that the amplification has been put on hold as that was one of the reasons they had booked the cruise and maybe paid a premium price.

I'm disappointed, but at this stage I'll happily cruise on Explorer late September - amped or not 😁

Much better than being quarantined at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 4:16 AM, irzero said:

Quote source please.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I saw a post on YOUTUBE Traveling With Bruce who I find a very reliable source. 

On 3/21/2020 at 6:04 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hope they move the existing sign on the Diamond Lounge to Deck 4 like the other Oasis Class ships have done. Make the existing Diamond Lounge the Pinnacle Club and prohibit access to SL/CK unless in a GS or higher. They should do this on the Presidents Cruise October 25 (if it still happens).  I think this is a great idea. 

In my opinion 

Totally disagree !!! But, we are only Diamond and have yet to sail in a suite.  + not enough Pinnacles to fill the two story Diamond Lounge.  We have a B2B booked starting with the presidents cruise so we will hope for the best. Also hope she stays in the Med after the shortened dry dock.  If she sails back home to the Caribbean in May I think the Allure Med season is kaput. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

not enough Pinnacles to fill the two story Diamond Lounge.

Obviously, that’s your opinion. Some cruises have high numbers of  P’s. Royal needs to find them another place on those cruises. Going to be a bunch on next years Presidents Cruise ( if it happens) and the Diamond Lounge would be perfect for them. 

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

So this thread title still says ‘cancelled’ but I still don’t believe there is anything official which says that.

I think RC has said ‘on hold’. Am I wrong?

Local press report that the dry dock had been reduced first to include only the mechanical issues. 

They later reported that the project was 'postponed' until the shipyard would be able to reopen following the Spanish State of Emergency and lock-down. The State of Emergency was just extended until April 11th. 

While Madrid has been very hard hit by the virus with 1/3 of the 24,926 cases in Spain, Cadiz has not yet become a hot spot. 

While not cancelled, the dry dock has been reduced and will be severely delayed at the minimum. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Local press report that the dry dock had been reduced first to include only the mechanical issues. 

They later reported that the project was 'postponed' until the shipyard would be able to reopen following the Spanish State of Emergency and lock-down. The State of Emergency was just extended until April 11th. 

While Madrid has been very hard hit by the virus with 1/3 of the 24,926 cases in Spain, Cadiz has not yet become a hot spot. 

While not cancelled, the dry dock has been reduced and will be severely delayed at the minimum. 

This was roughly my understanding. It will be difficult to salvage the dry dock but nothing is decided. There are multiple possible outcomes, with differing probabilities but the title of the thread is very misleading. 

33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Obviously, that’s your opinion. Some cruises have high numbers of  P’s. Royal needs to find them another place on those cruises. Going to be a bunch on next years Presidents Cruise ( if it happens) and the Diamond Lounge would be perfect for them. 

Our last TA on Symphony they used Dazzles every night for pinnacles during HH.  Lowly D and D+  were put into the Attic, Jazz on 4 and the DL.  I think the same will apply to the Oct. 25th cruise.  During the day DL was pretty empty. 

26 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our last TA on Symphony they used Dazzles every night for pinnacles during HH.  Lowly D and D+  were put into the Attic, Jazz on 4 and the DL.  I think the same will apply to the Oct. 25th cruise.  During the day DL was pretty empty. 

Symphony never had a DL where Allures is located. Royal should utilize the current DL for Pinnacles and move the D/D+ to deck 4. 

In my opinion.