P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning hope all you loveable people are ok ♥️:classic_smile:

Reading your posts about the smell of flowers likes and dislikes got me thinking and 

I too think that lilies give off a weird smell. After giving it some thought ,my most favourite

smell has to be the Cauli-Flower ,served with steak and roast spuds ,covered in a nice 

thick gravy with onions in it :classic_love: Fine dining at it's best !  Mrs K  will be serving me my 

porridge soon but this morning I may surprise her, looking for a bit of advice from you guys

What's the best number of Roses to give the her for Valentine's Day? - 6? 12? 24? :classic_unsure:

Or do I just give her the whole tin? :classic_wink:

Hope you all have a nice day -Take care :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

Morning everyone, hope everyone is well.

Still very windy down here, but at the minutes it's dry.

Spent yesterday afternoon looking at some cruises, but can't make my mind up🙄 Was looking at four but have now narrowed it down to three, although two are looking more interesting.

Meeting a friend for coffee later and a natter.

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe.

Pam

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We first went to Krakow in about 1997ish.  Did Auschwitz back then, but not the mines.  The Ole Lady went again for a Ladies long weekend a few years ago and did the Salt Mines as well as the Schindler factory and wants to go again so those trips are both on the books.  Plenty of time to relax and just be away abroad for a change.

We were in Krakow at Easter about 15 years ago.At the end of the saltmine tour,the way up was in the little wooden original lifts or a strenuous walk up,a little claustrophobic but an experience.We walked to the Schindler factory to find it closed but the 2 security guys opened the gate and kindly gave us a "private" tour.They didn't ask but we gave them a handful of Slotys.PS,hope CC parent company don't put this on their reviews,lol.Brian.

• Like 2

Morning everyone, it’s an awful day here, raining heavily, in fact it’s rained all weekend as well.

Not doing much today apart from Neuro physio appt this afternoon. I might have to bake to keep myself occupied or I will just sit all morning and watch the Olympics 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, it’s an awful day here, raining heavily, in fact it’s rained all weekend as well.

Not doing much today apart from Neuro physio appt this afternoon. I might have to bake to keep myself occupied or I will just sit all morning and watch the Olympics 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle 

Good luck with you appointment  this afternoon.

It's an awful cold and rainy day here too.  I stupidly went out to Tesco at the same time as the school run and it left me wondering whether the double yellow lines on the narrow road up by the school are there so that  the parents/carers  taking the children to school have guaranteed parking spaces and to prevent all other road users from driving up there.

22 hours ago, ccpm said:

That is both of us my father instilled in us the "buy the best you can for what you can afford" ideology  added to "money is not just for spending today, there is always tomorrow and who knows what that brings so set money aside now". Stood me in good stead added to which was my Mum's advice of "always set aside some fun money".

Me too.  My mother brought me up on her own after I was six.  She held down 2 jobs.  The things is with all the stuff the youngsters HAVE to buy these days, I can't see how they can save for anything.  Gadgets, tattoos, piercings, you name it, they have to have it.  I used to have to save up just to buy a record!!

• Like 4

I have a bit of sunshine both in the sky and within me - the clips, staples, stitches have come out of my hip and it feels much easier now. Plus have not used a stick for 2-3 days. So I am celebrating by cooking something but quick as still don't like to stand too long so  chicken with white wine and garlic mushroom sauce and some no sooner said than done rice. Brother has scarred the dogs for life they had a party when he went home yesterday. Today they are resting whilst watching daytime TV.

1 minute ago, ccpm said:

I have a bit of sunshine both in the sky and within me - the clips, staples, stitches have come out of my hip and it feels much easier now. Plus have not used a stick for 2-3 days. So I am celebrating by cooking something but quick as still don't like to stand too long so  chicken with white wine and garlic mushroom sauce and some no sooner said than done rice. Brother has scarred the dogs for life they had a party when he went home yesterday. Today they are resting whilst watching daytime TV.

Join the club!  Fell over and broke mine last February.  Still sore on the outside, but walking fine, although not too far.

• Like 1

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Join the club!  Fell over and broke mine last February.  Still sore on the outside, but walking fine, although not too far.

Oh Jean I know how that is . My late husband just fell over his own feet one day and broke his newly replaced hip plus his upper leg. It seems different when you have it planned like a replacement is but to fall and break it is a shock. Hoping that it will soon return to normal. 

2 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Oh Jean I know how that is . My late husband just fell over his own feet one day and broke his newly replaced hip plus his upper leg. It seems different when you have it planned like a replacement is but to fall and break it is a shock. Hoping that it will soon return to normal. 

Yes I am told by the surgeon that it's always worse, as there is other bone bruising and stuff to heal.  I am not the girl I was before!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Me too.  My mother brought me up on her own after I was six.  She held down 2 jobs.  The things is with all the stuff the youngsters HAVE to buy these days, I can't see how they can save for anything.  Gadgets, tattoos, piercings, you name it, they have to have it.  I used to have to save up just to buy a record!!

I had the grand sum of 2/- pocket money a week, increased to half a crown when I was 10 yrs. Having to save up for things I wanted taught me the value of money. 

On the subject of money, I transferred our October cruise this morning. Seeing holiday photos and the good reports of the cruises we decided not to cancel our cruise, but move it instead to 2023. I'd had my eye on a very good priced cruise to the canaries on Aurora since launch and surprisingly it hasn't increased in price, so took the plunge and booked it. I can still hear dad whispering in my ear 'If it looks too good to be true Avril, it usually is'  Let's hope this is the exception to the rule🤞

Avril

• Like 6

This morning I have booked our pre-cruise stay in Southampton in preparation for our cruise next month.  We are both looking forward to getting back to cruising.  It will be our first cruise for 2 years. We got home from our last cruise 7th March 2020 so it will be over 2 years since we last cruised.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes I am told by the surgeon that it's always worse, as there is other bone bruising and stuff to heal.  I am not the girl I was before!!

I broke the top of my femur 4 years ago, and had a plate and a pile of screws put into it and the hip joint.  It did take quite a while to heal and walk fairly well again - but no pain at all until, annoyingly, last Saturday morning, when I just got up from a chair and had a pretty awful pain in the joint, and could not put the weight on the leg.  I though I would be phoning 999 (I am on my own now), but thank goodness it went off after half an hour, back to present normal.     A nasty half hour:  the good news was that I had arranged to go and have lunch with really good friends at their new house, and was able to do so.  I had such a lovely time it took my mind off it, but it was a bit of a shock after 4 years of no real problems.

A horrid day here today; phoned my  friend/neighbour and she is coming round for a cup of tea, as she is feeling a bit gloomy also.  Hope we can cheer each other up - maybe we will have a sherry instead  of tea!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

2C057E64-5271-4115-9033-2BFBCC8AFA91.jpeg.c431c563d04cb58176933479b7f4d880.jpegI bet it's not a squirrel which is what our cat brought in and dropped in our kitchen.  I can still see it now bouncing off the walls as it tried to find the door and David was trying to use the brush to direct it out 😂😂

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Not sure I like these pictures of food on the right hand side of this thread?  That beef would turn my stomach if that was on my plate!!

I had to go look for those as hadn’t seen the pics.
Afraid the Beef Wellington is one of my favourite P&O dishes. I normally eat fish, chicken or the vegetarian option, but I make an exception with the Wellington.

Think the portion is much smaller than that tho in reality!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I had to go look for those as hadn’t seen the pics.
Afraid the Beef Wellington is one of my favourite P&O dishes. I normally eat fish, chicken or the vegetarian option, but I make an exception with the Wellington.

Think the portion is much smaller than that tho in reality!

Obviously not taken on P&O.  No green beans !

• Haha 8

HaHa

The Beef Wellington looks fine to me

Not fine dining but it was lovely having a cuppa and a cake in the sun this morning, especially after yesterday.  Warm enough for jackets off, sitting against the wall, but a nippy wind in more exposed areas

8C5FB084-BEED-4354-8676-64788F1CFD8B.thumb.jpeg.96c86927b586493a788834318dcfc560.jpeg

• Like 5

Second U.K. Holiday of the year booked, 5 days in South Wales in April, followed in May by our North Yorkshire break, both self catering.

Next is to decide whether to take an overseas holiday later in the year.

A wet day again here so booking a break has lifted the gloom a bit, of being stuck indoors for 2 days whilst is rained outside. Randomly decided to wash the filters in our Shark vacuum cleaner, you could say they were a tad on the clogged up side! 

Tomorrow back with my archaeology group since we suspended meeting in November for you know what reasons, hopefully get a idea of the dig being planned for April, we fixed the dates in November but planning has been on hold.

• Like 1