P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

A good day for me yesterday as I got discharged by the physo in the morning and don't need to go back to see the consultant for 12 months as everything has settled down so well, it seemed a bit odd looking at the x-ray of my pelvis with the new hip joint.

Great news Phil.  It's been almost two years since I had a hip replacement and it certainly gave me a new lease of life as it will do for you.  An amazing operation that makes such a huge difference to one's lifestyle.  Enjoy!

Sandra

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thank's Jane, the physio said the same, she says it is unusual for people to request extended exercises once they are signed off too. I am lucky that I have the decent health to help plus getting a highly rated surgeon and the support team behind him. You read all the horror stories about the NHS sometimes but I can't fault the whole experience during my op and recovery.

As for the holiday that has been booked; six weeks in Fuertaventura self catering mid Jan to end of Feb. That should just about top my recovery off nicely. 

Glad your recovery has been quick, a new lease of life for you. Six weeks away in the winter sounds perfect to me, it will be here in no time at all 

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Oh no what a bummer,I'😄Screenshot_20231213_184354_Facebook1832.thumb.jpg.559570b518b9f222f862628918cf6b60.jpgve missed our villages annual tripe and home made plonk festival,gutted.

Now that would have cheered me up immensely bro.

You could always try the snail soup and Tehal which could be the Moroccan equivalent.

Tasty😋😇

Sis

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s feels a mild day outside here today with a gentle breeze. 

We have been up since 5.30am, getting final bits sorted ready for the removal company doing the final packing then moving us out. A busy few weeks ahead now, a skip arrives at our new place in the morning and the builders/plasterers/electricians/ plumbers etc start work tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s feels a mild day outside here today with a gentle breeze. 

We have been up since 5.30am, getting final bits sorted ready for the removal company doing the final packing then moving us out. A busy few weeks ahead now, a skip arrives at our new place in the morning and the builders/plasterers/electricians/ plumbers etc start work tomorrow.

Michelle

Good luck Michelle. It’ll all be worth it. X

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi all.

Last London trip of the year for me and SeatFrog sent me a voucher for the seat auction upgrade which I ended up winning so it’s been a lovely stress free journey. 

My thoughts are with everyone having a tough time @P&O SUE @SarahBen @indiana123 @davecttr @Josy1953 & anyone I may have missed.

Good news on your discharge @yorkshirephil & loving the photos @Purdey16

Good luck with the move @Peanut006

Best wishes to all.

Damian

5B2F50F8-D28D-459E-9485-06EBF1306AC2.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All the best for the move Michelle.  Your *doing it in stages* plan sounds good. 🤞everything goes just as it should 

We moved here on 18 December 6 years ago.  (Sounds like a reason to have a celebration meal 🙂). It wasn’t the best but it was just the one stressy day; everything slotted in well straight after, like Tesco delivery, washing machine installation, post redirection etc.

Our *meal deal* last night was good.  Sirloin steak, chips, salad, bottle of Merlot, £49.95. Quite forgot about pictures but I expect you can imagine

It’s a pleasant (December) day here.  Dry, calm, mild.  Can’t really ask for more, except maybe a glimpse of the sun.   Off to the fish man shortly.  Wonder what he’ll have today 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Hi all.

Last London trip of the year for me and SeatFrog sent me a voucher for the seat auction upgrade which I ended up winning so it’s been a lovely stress free journey. 

My thoughts are with everyone having a tough time @P&O SUE @SarahBen @indiana123 @davecttr @Josy1953 & anyone I may have missed.

Best wishes to all. 

Damian

If anyone deserves a little *thank you* it’s you Damian

Enjoy your upgrade

Can I be associated with the good wishes to those members whose life isn’t as smooth as it could be just now

2024 is round the corner, bringing … who knows?  Good stuff hopefully

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, Eddie.  I have been feeling unaccountably blue for about a week - most of you will know that feeling, no use to anyone, nobody loves me, think I will go and eat worms!

Then this morning found a bargain buy online for my daughter and DIL for the present they are not expecting, on offer, and it has cheered me up no end.  Silly, isn't it.  I have zilch to complain about as compared with many people, including a few of you, at present, so will try to stay upbeat and get on with things.

• Like 19

Another grey but dry day here. 

I got half way to school and then hit standing traffic so had to do a quick 3 point then before anything came from the opposite direction.  We then took the route that passes our street and the smart 15 year old mouth couldn't resist saying "Why don't you always come this way it is longer but it is much quicker because there's less traffic".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I hope everything goes smoothly for you Michelle.

6°C and cloudy here.

Dinner last night.

IMG_20231214_175630.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

think I will go and eat worms!

But if I remember rightly Lincslady you have been through the mill too but stay cheerful.  I know that feeling.  I know mobility gets a bit iffy through age but I get  "why me"  sessions because it wasn't my fault.   Its good to get on here though, especially when that Kalos is about.  He would make one of those naughty elves people get at Christmas.

We have had a good laugh this morning.

We were going to my daughters on Boxing Day for a bit of chaos and fun, then her inlaws (the outlaws🤣) wanted to come, then their  family wanted to join us.  While my daughter's house is lovely she couldn't  fit in 15 so the outlaws kindly opened their house up.

As it would be Boxing Day it was decided that everyone would take  everything left, leftovers etc.  We are out for Xmas Day lunch so I explained to OH that everyone was taking leftover food, but we would take cheese boards, biscuits, wine, beer, Mars Bar Trifles.  OH suddenly said "Oh, cheese and biscuits for us then.  That's boring" 

WHAT... did he honestly think they would all be there guzzling down wine, with their turkey, ham, beef, pickles, bubble and squeak, while we sat at the end of the table with a bit of bread and cheese.🤣  When he got that  stare from me he realised what a stupid thought that was and we rolled up.

Needless to say,, it is already arranged that when we sit for our Boxing Day  lunch he will be given a plate of cheese and biscuits and will not live it down

• Haha 12

57 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Hi all.

Good luck with the move @Peanut006

Best wishes to all.

Damian

Oh the joy of having breakfast or dinner (ideally both, though not at the same time) on a train as the scenery rushes past!  I used to travel between London and various places as part of my job, and the breakfast out, dinner back was an absolute pleasure. Especially when someone else was paying for it! Really good food on LNER too, and fine service.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This should cheer you up

image.thumb.png.8f68f9622d7ce51ca5194a342937dd83.png

Bless them. 

Unfortunately we are banned from dog and cat adoption as "unsuitable" due to our address. Thirteen years ago, almost to the day, after losing three of our four cats at 19, 21 and 23 with one left aged 26, we tried very many times with different organisations and would have taken a new friend in a heartbeat. All refused. Someone smiled on us though, a very special visitor was sent (i swear by my furry girls) and appeared on Christmas Eve in our car port unchipped, unloved and in temperatures of-8,  and here he is, our own very specially sent adoptee!

He sends a very big hello and a Merry Christmas as he's due to go to his "hotel" any day soon and is busy overseeing his servants preparing his bag! After all isn't that what humans are for?

20231201_183800.jpg

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Bless them. 

Unfortunately we are banned from dog and cat adoption as "unsuitable" due to our address. Thirteen years ago, almost to the day, after losing three of our four cats at 19, 21 and 23 with one left aged 26, we tried very many times with different organisations and would have taken a new friend in a heartbeat. All refused. Someone smiled on us though, a very special visitor was sent (i swear by my furry girls) and appeared on Christmas Eve in our car port unchipped, unloved and in temperatures of-8,  and here he is, our own very specially sent adoptee!

He sends a very big hello and a Merry Christmas as he's due to go to his "hotel" any day soon and is busy overseeing his servants preparing his bag! After all isn't that what humans are for?

20231201_183800.jpg

He probably tried a few others out before adopting you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Busy on here this morning! I’m trying to read in between my work calls!

Big development here, my sister and bro in law (who is a nurse) came up on Tuesday and took my mum to lunch while we did some shopping.

Unknown to us before they picked her up they visited a couple of nursing homes and said one was horrible and one was lovely and had a free room.

We went to see it the next day with Mum and it was lovely. So… she’s moving in on the 29th!! She’s been here since 11th October so it will be strange without her! I felt so bad though for ‘abandoning’ her and both me and my sister had a cry! Even though she is hard work !

I really hope she likes it, she has a light airy room with a view over grass and a tv in the room and an en-suite. They have activities every day and a doctor and hairdresser who visit once a week!

Just have to hope she likes it….

• Like 24

12 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Suddenly I feel festive!

Hopefully this will be my card to my CC friends on my phone

https://jlcards.com/r2lv8E

(It’s a Jacquie Lawson card, nothing scammy, no Nigerian princes 🙂)

Always wondered about signing up to that to end the Christmas card saga, but never had the courage to stop the cards. Their stuff is excellent, but somehow won’t replace a card with a message. Those Christmas letters are a joy - we get one each year from relations in a smart bit of London, telling everyone what exciting, expensive and wonderful lives they all lead! If they only knew the entertainment we all get………😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1