P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning bright dazzling sunshine with 11.c on this last day of June.

I will be doing our energy meters this morning as a new lower price

cap comes into play tomorrow, don't want to be charged on the higher rate.

Hope you all have a good day.

Our meter reading was done and bill paid on the 23rd June. Should I do it again kalos?

Not a bright dazzling sunshine day here I'm afraid. Another dull cool damp day, 13c but definitely feels more like 10c. Maybe a better day tomorrow🤞

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our meter reading was done and bill paid on the 23rd June. Should I do it again kalos?

Not a bright dazzling sunshine day here I'm afraid. Another dull cool damp day, 13c but definitely feels more like 10c. Maybe a better day tomorrow🤞

Avril

You/we are on a higher price cap this month but tomorrow they alter to a lower cap,

hence cheaper,so if it was me yes and then go back to your normal payment .

I wonder how many folk will tell you they have a smart meter (That works)

so they do not have to do this 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last day by the pool,getting hotter every day,all packed for the morning.OMG what a hogfest it is here,Bob Geldof would have a seizure.Saw a bloke with a plate full of meat top it up with 5 slices of pizza,plates of cherries piled high and a whole french stick left at a table with just 3 inches cut off it.They keep replenishing it all regardless.A few nice touches like a slab of fresh honeycomb at brekkie every morning and a section full of jars of babyfood,never seen that b4.7 days is probably enough here,early afternoon flight tomorrow.Hope our 2 £100 vouchers are on the doormat so we can book a TUI cruise later in July.Brian.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Last day by the pool,getting hotter every day,all packed for the morning.OMG what a hogfest it is here,Bob Geldof would have a seizure.Saw a bloke with a plate full of meat top it up with 5 slices of pizza,plates of cherries piled high and a whole french stick left at a table with just 3 inches cut off it.They keep replenishing it all regardless.A few nice touches like a slab of fresh honeycomb at brekkie every morning and a section full of jars of babyfood,never seen that b4.7 days is probably enough here,early afternoon flight tomorrow.Hope our 2 £100 vouchers are on the doormat so we can book a TUI cruise later in July.Brian.

I was going to ask had you laid out and had a float in the sea?

Going on the above I guess not 🤣 

Safe journey home .🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Glad you have enjoyed, you vouchers should be there, we got ours earlier in the week. I am not sure we will get chance to use ours as they expire in 18 months and we are pretty much booked up, that said, you never know we may be able to squeeze something in.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Sunny start here with a light breeze, quite cool. We are going to see the Grandson, partner and great Grandson later this morning, so looking forward to that.

Grand Prix this afternoon and footie tonight. I see England players are banned from voting in the elections as they can't find the box and have no chance of putting a cross in it.

Phil you beat me to that England joke 😂😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Glad you have enjoyed, you vouchers should be there, we got ours earlier in the week. I am not sure we will get chance to use ours as they expire in 18 months and we are pretty much booked up, that said, you never know we may be able to squeeze something in.

I’m sure you’ll do your best to fit something in!  I am having a couple of nights at my son’s in the country - the weather is actually quite pleasant.  We’ve been busy in the garden but three plants jumped into my basket at the garden centre where he went for building sand this morning. 😉  Now having a nice glass of rosé waiting for dinner to cook (not by me!).

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kalos said:

You/we are on a higher price cap this month but tomorrow they alter to a lower cap,

hence cheaper,so if it was me yes and then go back to your normal payment .

I wonder how many folk will tell you they have a smart meter (That works)

so they do not have to do this 😄

I've done it kalos, thank you.

We've had this conversation about smart meters before you and I, and are both of the same mind.😉

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Oops - sorry folks just heard a shout from the living room that England are in trouble at the football! 

Did your Son happen to hear another cheer from over your border 🤣

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

I can't take much more of this. I'm so stressed out and completely exhausted! Well that's what watching England does for you. Jane xx

It was rather exciting in the end, but I thought they were on their way home in the 94th minute!

• Like 5

Just now, Beckett said:

I can't take much more of this. I'm so stressed out and completely exhausted! Well that's what watching England does for you. Jane xx

Do you want to borrow my BP monitor ? But don't break it 🙃

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

It was rather exciting in the end, but I thought they were on their way home in the 94th minute!

Me too Gill. I've was just getting ready for a massive sulk when Saint Jude scored. Now we've got to go through it all over again. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yep Chaz n Dave for a new month 🙃

Regarding footie, it's not the winning but the taking part ,as they say.

I fear for them in the next round,if things don't change ,a lot of that match

lacked a sense of direction..Pickford to Stones ,stones to Pickford and on 

it went for a lot of the match .

Young Mickey down our street thought the match amazing ,his Nan has 

been bed bound for the last 12 years but she got up to turn the telly off !

Talking of direction after that game ,we went on to watch some You Tube 

films and one guy said ,pointing in front of him .."  There in  the background

is the lovely cruise ship .."

I think Mrs K had still not calmed from the footie as she growled ...

"It's the foreground  not your background, that is what is behind you ! "

Well whatever life's direction takes you, have a good day-Take care🙂

• Like 7

Good Morning Everyone

Happy 1st July.

Just a quick word on the footie. I wholeheartedly agree with @kalos Kalos re the next round. I watched Switzerland beat Italy the other night and although the Italians didn't really turn up, the Swiss were well organised, compact, and very insightful. On last night's showing, we haven't got a cuckoo- clock's chance in hell of a resounding win. But........who knows? I just hope it doesn't go to penalties.

What a busy week ahead we have. More footie, Wimbledon, and what else.....oh yes, a general election! In that order for me.

I hope you are all well and your poorly mums too. Have a good day all. Jane xx

• Like 8

Good Morning all,

"Pinch, punch, first of the month"   is the phase I grew up with that was quoted on the first of the month.  

Another dull, overcast day down here and had rain overnight. Our weather seems to be stuck in a rut! 

The only thing on the cards for today is a trip to Tesco.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day and a good week.

• Like 8

Morning all.  It’s a dull mild one here

We’re packing up & heading home this afternoon,  ready for a busy week, which includes “getting me veins done” on Thursday 😬 I think there’s something else that day too, but can’t quite put my finger on it now 🙄

Hope everyone has a good day - quiet if you want quiet; productive if you need to be busy

• Like 8

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 for good luck for July.

It is 12°C and cloudy here.

I hope everyone had a good sleep and looking forward to today and a new month.

That’s half another year gone and the nights are fair drawing in. Time seems to move faster the older I get. 

Miserable wet day here yet again, I keep waiting for summer to come. We got a couple of good weeks earlier in the year but nothing since.

I dug the pop corn maker out from the back of the cupboard ready for Thursday. OH and I always stay up to watch the results. We did it many years ago (Thatcher won so that dates it) while away in our tiny touring caravan on an old mini TV. We used all the power up and had to use the gas lights for the rest of the week. Those of a certain vintage will remember the gas mantle lights in caravans.

• Like 7