P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Chatting on here does help Graham, although at the moment I'm doing more reading and reacting than chatting. ☺️

Avril

After church today we took a picnic to the beach plus a coffee and hot chocolate.

IMG_20240707_114537.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

We do have topsy turvy weather in Britain!  This is actually the first day in ages it has been anything near warm up here 😎.  Maybe the change in government isn’t the only change for the better!  😄

Well it's raining here. Change for the better ???.

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Anyone else think that we are heading for an England vs France final at the Euros where the priority of both managers is not to lose?

If we do reach the final I think we would have a better chance of winning against France, but I think Spain's name is already on  the trophy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Next time we go to that Cornwall we will stay in the holiday inn express and pop across to Miller & Carter for dinner. PI's are OK, but only if there is somewhere decent to eat.

I forgot to add Brewers Fayre is sparce,pants and you have to queue at the bar to order that privilege.Wetherspoons back in the day had a vast menu that I found good value,but plumbers and builders are easily pleased.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

The weather doesn’t know what to to here today. It was torrential rain an hour ago, now the sun is out and we have lovely blue skies 

Michelle

We were supposed to have showers but we have had a nice sunny day, even though it is windy!

• Like 5

@Adawn47 Hi Avril. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low at the moment. I hope it soon passes and you are soon back to your normal happy and funny self. I know a cruise is out of the question just now but how about a few days by the sea? - in a lovely hotel somewhere, in a room with a balcony overlooking the prom. Sometimes just a change of scenery can be therapeutic. I wish you well. Love and best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A good race, and in fact I am pleased that Lewis won, and that we got two out of three places on the podium.  However, very sorry for Russell, and wish the other non-Brit had been anyone else.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It doesn't have anything to do with the meds Graham, it's me. I'm so low at the moment and not sleeping very well.😕 Once, or if, summer arrives and I can spend more time in the garden I'll be fine. I'm loathe to increase my BP meds just for a  quick fix. This happens sometimes and always corrects itself eventually, I just have to be careful.🙂

Avril

Avril, I have been having some good BP results by taking hibiscus tea on a regular basis. It might be worth a try.

This weather really is depressing, constant rain but it has to end sometime soon (or my feet will start to develop webs). I’ve been doing jigsaws which I usually reserve for Autumn and Winter as the garden is too wet to do much in.

We are just back from a brilliant weekend away. We went to see Dougie McLean in Perth for his 50th anniversary concert. The music was so uplifting that its manage to cheer me up no end (in spite of the rain!).

Book yourself something nice be that a meal, a massage or a concert. This too shall pass.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Avril, I have been having some good BP results by taking hibiscus tea on a regular basis. It might be worth a try.

Thank you for that Eglesbrech, it's worth a try.

I've found some on Amazon. How often do you drink it?

Avril

Afternoon all. I’m sick of this weather, lots of very heavy rain today but now it’s sunny!

It would have been my Dad’s 87th birthday today so I’ve been thinking of him a lot today. We actually went to their flat today and had a bit more of a clear out.

Our local Beefeater is closing soon, was a bit of a shock as it’s been there years, long before they stuck a Premier Inn next to it.

Hope your low mood improves soon Avril, I can’t believe we’re in July.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all. I’m sick of this weather, lots of very heavy rain today but now it’s sunny!

It would have been my Dad’s 87th birthday today so I’ve been thinking of him a lot today. We actually went to their flat today and had a bit more of a clear out.

Our local Beefeater is closing soon, was a bit of a shock as it’s been there years, long before they stuck a Premier Inn next to it.

Hope your low mood improves soon Avril, I can’t believe we’re in July.

Happy 87th birthday in heaven for your dad Sue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you for that Eglesbrech, it's worth a try.

I've found some on Amazon. How often do you drink it?

Avril

Two or three cups a day for therapeutic levels. It’s nice chilled with ice as a cold drink too, quite sour like cranberry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have been away in South Wales over the weekend at a family celebration, we took the scenic route home via the Brecon Beacons, Leominster, Ludlow. It was quicker and shorter  than the motorway route and appears to have been economical as average mpg now up to 61mpg.

We knew when we had crossed the border into Herefordshire and Shropshire as we had to dodge the potholes. 

We also passed this place on the way back, they were closed so couldn’t drop in for a crate of cider😉

https://www.visitherefordshire.co.uk/discover/orgasmic-cider-company

• Like 3

Morning everyone,we have nice sunny 13.c and a dry day ahead ,possibly 

reaching 20-21 .c today.

@Adawn47 I hope you are not feeling as down today cos sat in the garden

with your Frank should lift your spirits , take a day off and let the grass grow beneath

your feet. That will surely help with your blood pressure .

Franks diet that you follow will be helping too.

When my BP  was raised once my doctor told me worrying could raise it, also

it could be family inherited . I said I think it's the last one .

Do you think it was your mum or dads side ? He asked .

No it's the wife's side I said . That cannot happen said the Doc .

To which I  replied " You haven't met my wife's relations have you " ?🙃😉🤣

Hope you and everyone else have a great day ,keep on smiling 🙂

• Haha 12

I recently attended an Urgent Care Centre in a hospital, just to get a prescription which I could not get from the GP (not that day anyway).  Just like being in A and E, with bad memories.  They took my bp to start, rather raised, and kept on taking it until it reached over 200/100, when they wanted me to go to A and E and  maybe stay the night!  (Understandably).    I felt quite sure it was just awful stress and anxiety, and politely said so and went home.  Within an hour it had gone back to a highish but reasonable level, and continued down.  It is normally about 140/80, with the usual treatment.  The motto is, Avril, do your best to relax and take your bp at least an hour after eating, sit quietly for at least 5 minutes and take it 2 or 3 times,  You probably already do this, but keep at it for a day or two.  You have had a lot of anxiety fairly recently, as have I, and although things now seem back to fairly normal, I do think you go on reacting for quite some time to life changing circumstances.    Dr.LL talking!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1