P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Had the worst weekend possible. We lost our eldest daughter on saturday. She had been under palliative care for a while with her MS. She was only 45. She leaves behind a husband, 3 children 21, 17 and 14 and 2 very devasted parents. Although we knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later we still can't get our heads round it. Will miss her forever.

So sorry to hear your sad news, my condolences to you and your family.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Hope your surgery goes well and that you are able to access Cruise Critic to keep you company whilst your hand heals. 

thanks, it went well anb ihave a uge bandage and a fistful of sausages, i can waggle them thugh on wed i can remove the big bandage and just have a light dressing, i have spares. stitches out in abt 10 days. i will use a local wound clinic. my thumb went blue but back to pink now. the worst thing is keeping my hand higher than my heart until th stitches come out. local wearing off so altewrnate paracetamol and ibuprofen. finally check up appointment in 6 to 8 weeks

hope it works, not fun typing with 1 finger

edit- i am watching the original series of all creatures grate and small from 1978, brilliant. miss my model railway though, i can look at it but thats boring, i wanto build things and paint stuff

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 9

54 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Had the worst weekend possible. We lost our eldest daughter on saturday. She had been under palliative care for a while with her MS. She was only 45. She leaves behind a husband, 3 children 21, 17 and 14 and 2 very devasted parents. Although we knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later we still can't get our heads round it. Will miss her forever.

Thoughts and prayers are with you delgirl. I can't imagine the pain you are all going through. 45 is no age. xx

• Like 5

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

Have just read this sad news.

I am so sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

• Like 4

Going back to the subject of surgeries.

I rang my surgery this morning and joined a queue to get through to reception, about 10-15 minutes. Details were taken for a doctor to ring back later. They rang me just after lunchtime and decided they needed to see me so an appointment was made for mid afternoon. I am now waiting for a two week hospital referral. 

Reading some of the earlier posts, we must be one of the lucky ones!

• Like 5

Im very sorry to hear of your loss.  Sending thoughts and prayers for your family that your pain can be eased with what I'm sure are wonderful memories. I hope you can all take comfort in each other.

• Like 6

I am so very sorry to hear this. My only child is 44 and I just cannot imagine the depth of grief and loss you feel right now, because it would be my worst nightmare. No other words apart from sincere condolences.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

I’m sorry for your loss, so very sad for you and the whole family 💔

• Like 6

So sorry for your loss.

• Like 5

I am sorry to hear your news.  We don't have children but we're in a similar situation when my niece passed away last November aged 46 leaving behind a husband, son aged 15 and daughter aged 13, knowing what is coming doesn't make it any easier.  I still miss talking to her every day and love the time I have with her daughter on the school run everyday, we chat about Sarah and what she would say about various things that we talk about.

Take care of her family and talk to them about the good memories that you have all built up over the years that she was with.

• Like 8

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. The loss of a child must be one of the very worst things in life to experience, and it’s impossible to imagine what you and your husband must be going through. My wife and I were so sad to read this, and send our deepest sympathy.

• Like 6

I'm so sorry to hear your devastating news.

My condolences to you.

Screenshot_20241021_190331.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, delgirl said:

I have no words Delgirl. I'm so so sorry. 

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.x

Avril

• Like 6

4 hours ago, delgirl said:

I’m so sorry.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, delgirl said:

My deepest sympathy for your loss love to all your family

• Like 4

That is such devastating news for you, heartbreaking 💔 

• Like 3

Heartfelt condolences, just over 5 years ago we lost our only Son suddenly at the age of 47 and it is still hard to believe.

• Like 6